PDA

View Full Version : Funny Lunch

Boarder
4/1/2009, 09:17 PM
At lunch today this old crankypants got good and fired up. We're at Padthai, and I was talking with a couple of the owners/workers about people who come into a Thai restaurant and order fried rice. "If day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese."

So, about this time in walks a young guy, and orders "chicken fried rice - with no vegetables." I couldn't help myself so I go "if day wanna flied lice, they should go to Chinese." Dude looks at me funny, and then I go to my wife "hell, why would somebody come to a Thai restaurant and order rice with no veggies? he oughta just go to McDonald's." The Thai dude goes "no with vegables, I don't get." The dude weakly says "I'm allergic to veggies." I go "no, you're allergic to a healthy colon. And seriously man, fried rice ain't Thai food." He goes "it's the only thing I like." I go "it would suck to be you." He goes "it does." I figured the best thing to do at this point was leave it alone. Besides, my wife was glaring at me anyhow.

The End.

starclassic tama
4/1/2009, 10:00 PM
congrats on being a huge doosh

Boarder
4/1/2009, 10:15 PM
That's funnier than you even know.

olevetonahill
4/1/2009, 11:26 PM

this coming from the Master doosh :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
4/2/2009, 12:17 AM
Have you ever gone off about the "Venti"?

You do know it's 20 ounces right?

http://politicsoffthegrid.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/starbucks-coffee-cup.jpg

It's the next size up from the Grande.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2009, 12:20 AM
Screw the "venti" - Venti makes sense for 20. What I want to know is why "tall" is actually the shortest cup you can get. If grande and venti are both taller than tall, then why the crap is a tall a tall?

StoopTroup
4/2/2009, 12:21 AM
jkpDEn7mGVY

SteelCitySooner
4/2/2009, 12:23 AM
No not true actually. you can get a kids size, which is smaller than the 'tall'.

AlbqSooner
4/2/2009, 06:32 AM
I don't know diddly about the sizes at $tarbuck$ and I hope I never learn.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 08:28 AM

speaking of... which brand do you prefer to brush your teeth with?

SoonerTroll
4/2/2009, 08:28 AM
That just sounds mean, let the man eat what he eats :(

Lott's Bandana
4/2/2009, 08:33 AM
Pad Thai is the ****. No doubt.

StoopTroup
4/2/2009, 10:55 AM
I hear their flied lice is awesome!

olevetonahill
4/2/2009, 01:45 PM
I hear their flied lice is awesome!

I could never get enough of em to stay in the pan long enough to cook em .

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 02:10 PM
I've seen funnier.

you fail at teh funE

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2009, 02:22 PM
You know what would be even more awesome?

If you had gone into the bathroom and totally ****-bombed the place.

And how in the **** is someone allergic to vegetables? Someone not EJ or Jess, that is. I'm sure they're both allergic to vegetables. And meat. And fruit I'm pretty sure they just go ahead and hook IV lines up to themselves to eat. With hypoallergenic needles.

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 02:30 PM
heh.

ok, now THAT was funny.

Chuck Bao
4/2/2009, 02:36 PM
At first I thought it really strange that Pad Thai restaurant would begrudgingly serve fried rice, or Kao Pad.

Every Thai restaurant that I've ever been to serves Kao Pad. It is easy, quick and cheap to fix.

Maybe, the restaurant owner is not actually complaining about the lack of adventurous eating habits of Oklahomans, but the fact that it is a really low priced item on the menu. I can see the waitresses asking patrons if they want rice or fried rice with that curry dish.

The next time just tell the owner to raise the price of fried rice. And, restructure the menu so that main dishes can be ordered with discounted rice or fried rice selection.

What am I saying? Thais are good with the maths and should have already figured this out.

And, stop belittling the other patrons!

I know. When I took my family there several years ago after a OU women's basketball game, I ordered enough food for 15 people. My nieces would only eat the fried rice.

yermom
4/2/2009, 02:41 PM
they have 5 or 6 different variations on fried rice on the menu. it's priced about the same as the stir fry dishes or curry or something.

i've ordered it once, or twice maybe. everything else i've ordered there is better.

dammit. now i want Padthai :mad:

Frozen Sooner
4/2/2009, 02:43 PM
Lad Na sounds really good for lunch. Then again, a new wing restaurant just opened a few blocks away.

Or maybe I should mix in a salad now and then.

Chuck Bao
4/2/2009, 02:49 PM
And how in the **** is someone allergic to vegetables? Someone not EJ or Jess, that is. I'm sure they're both allergic to vegetables. And meat. And fruit I'm pretty sure they just go ahead and hook IV lines up to themselves to eat. With hypoallergenic needles.

One of my Thai colleagues will not eat vegetables. I don't know why. I don't ask and I don't ask why some won't eat fruit, pork, beef, etc.

I think some people can't eat lettuce or cabbage exactly for colon problems.

I've stopped eating Kao Pad because there is a Chinese cabbage or green leafy like thing that some restaurants put in there and it makes me sick.

Okay, this post isn't funny. Ummm, you are what you eat.

Chuck Bao
4/2/2009, 03:04 PM
Lad Na sounds really good for lunch. Then again, a new wing restaurant just opened a few blocks away.

Or maybe I should mix in a salad now and then.

I assume you are referring to those really wide rice noodles. Order Pak See Ill next time and see what you get.

NormanPride
4/2/2009, 03:19 PM
Flat rice noodles are win. I lurve them.