PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma D-Day

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone going to this in June?

I'll be there.

Lott's Bandana
4/1/2009, 02:34 PM
What, are we storming a beach on Lake Texoma?

Jello Biafra
4/1/2009, 02:39 PM
Anyone going to this in June?

I'll be there.

no. but, feel free to come up to piedmont to my home field. We can help you out with your desire for grown men to shoot (thier load on) ya...

sooner_born_1960
4/1/2009, 02:45 PM
WTF are you talking about?

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 02:45 PM
no. but, feel free to come up to piedmont to my home field. We can help you out with your desire for grown men to shoot (thier load on) ya...

Heh, I'm happy with my home field in Waco. :D You really ought to make it up there this year...I hear Wyandotte is beautiful in June. ;)

sooner_born_1960
4/1/2009, 02:46 PM
Never mind. It's some paintball thing.

King Crimson
4/1/2009, 02:52 PM

sounds epic, then.

Jello Biafra
4/1/2009, 02:52 PM

DUDE! some paintball thing? its where you need to go to learn survival tactics... you need to do it. because red dawn will happen one day and when you have 40,000 messicans raining down on you, you need to know esacpe and evasion tactics ;)

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 02:53 PM

Largest paintball game in the world. 4k+ players and it lasts a week (sunday-sunday). Anyway, I'll be there. Signed up to play with the Wehrmacht 914th Grenadier Infantrie Regiment responsible for defending Vierville and La Fiere Bridge between Utah and Omaha beaches. Good times will be had by all...

I detest camping though and I'll be camping for a week which is going to suck some major monkey ***.

Anywhoo...people from all around the world come to this thing. There are a ton of ex/current military guys that play. My own unit's XO is a Marine who expects us to go through 2 PT courses and 2 squad based tactics courses during the week. :eek:

I'd expect at least a few of you to be going since there are so many and it's in Oklahoma after all...

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t3jP0ni3qE

King Crimson
4/1/2009, 03:18 PM
so, the largest paintball game in the world is in Oklahoma?

if you (sic) are going to get into this kind of stuff....you need to embrace the camping part of it. my dad tells stories about ranger school where you couldn't brush your teeth for 10 days in the field because the paste spit was a trace left for the enemy to track you.

if you were into it like that, instead of air conditioned Zima gypsy....i'd lift a glass fer ya.

King Crimson
4/1/2009, 03:19 PM
otherwise, it just seems like sublimated power fantasies....to me.

Lott's Bandana
4/1/2009, 03:20 PM
Smoke and mirrors college education

Fake girlfriends

Faux Beer

Cigar Poseur

Pretend war

Pinch yourself, SicEm. Sometimes you have to feel pain to know you are alive.

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 03:32 PM
so, the largest paintball game in the world is in Oklahoma?

if you (sic) are going to get into this kind of stuff....you need to embrace the camping part of it. my dad tells stories about ranger school where you couldn't brush your teeth for 10 days in the field because the paste spit was a trace left for the enemy to track you.

if you were into it like that, instead of air conditioned Zima gypsy....i'd lift a glass fer ya.

Oh I have played pball for years but never on this scale.

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 03:36 PM
Smoke and mirrors college education
I've been as honest as possible about college. If you are unclear about anything than PM me.

Fake girlfriends

Faux Beer

Cigar Poseur

Pretend war

Pinch yourself, SicEm. Sometimes you have to feel pain to know you are alive.

I've never had a "fake" girlfriend.

I drink Shiner -- never had a Zima.

I smoke at least 2 cigars a day and often more than that for the last 8
years...I think that puts me out of the poseur camp.

It's just a giant paintball game. It's fun...nothing more or less.

Jello Biafra
4/1/2009, 03:40 PM
I detest camping though and I'll be camping for a week which is going to suck some major monkey ***.

you sir (camping) is why i use an 18" barrel. just try to camp on me. if i can see you, i will hit you.

SicEmBaylor
4/1/2009, 04:01 PM
you sir (camping) is why i use an 18" barrel. just try to camp on me. if i can see you, i will hit you.

Hahaha big barrels don't scare me ;). Besides anything longer than 12" is useless in pball though I use a 12" J&J ceramic.

SoonerStormchaser
4/1/2009, 04:02 PM
Deployed....

...OUT

Jello Biafra
4/1/2009, 04:21 PM
Hahaha big barrels don't scare me ;). Besides anything longer than 12" is useless in pball though I use a 12" J&J ceramic.

i beg to differ. i didn't say it to scare you. i said to let you know, if i see you camping, im touching you from long range.

Lott's Bandana
4/1/2009, 10:32 PM
I've never had a "fake" girlfriend. Thread of the Year - 2008?

I drink Shiner -- never had a Zima. I've had Shiner, I stand by my comment.

I smoke at least 2 cigars a day and often more than that for the last 8
years...I think that puts me out of the poseur camp. Unless it is Halloween and you dress up like a turd. Oh, and it seems the camp you are headed for is Camp Hospice at that rate.

It's just a giant paintball game. It's fun...nothing more or less. What was the theme last year, The Battle of Sharpsburg? (Antietam to you Yankees)

We all have fake girlfriends, mine happens to be right handed.

:P

walkoffsooner
4/2/2009, 05:47 AM
was that a paintball bow?

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 07:31 AM
i beg to differ. i didn't say it to scare you. i said to let you know, if i see you camping, im touching you from long range.

first, if you think that an 18 inch barrel is going to give you added distance, then I'm laughing at you.

second, Oklahoma D-Day is HUGE in the paintball world. When we were vacationing up in Jackson, Wyoming last year, one of the store owners up there was a big D-Day player. They have an entire unit, along with a corporate sponsor that pays their way every year. You can actually make a little cash doing it.

I've always wanted to play in it, just for the sheer epicness of getting to play paintball for 24 hours a day for 4 days. Night missions would be a blast.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 08:24 AM
first, if you think that an 18 inch barrel is going to give you added distance, then I'm laughing at you.

accuracy. thanks.

Lott's Bandana
4/2/2009, 08:28 AM
I've always wanted to play in it, just for the sheer epicness of getting to play paintball for 24 hours a day for 4 days. Night missions would be a blast.

Isn't it hard to get the paint outta all that furrage? :eek:

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 09:49 AM
accuracy. thanks.

oh, sorry..I thought you said 'long range' implying you could shoot farther.

Isn't it hard to get the paint outta all that furrage? :eek:

not as much as you'd think. a good pet shampoo will get it. It's mostly vegetable oil paint anyway.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 10:01 AM
oh, sorry..I thought you said 'long range' implying you could shoot farther.

not as much as you'd think. a good pet shampoo will get it. It's mostly vegetable oil paint anyway.

yap rushed the reply to that one:

nitro tank and 18 inch barrell (in my opinion) makes you a far more effective sniper but it depends on the cover fire of your rushers and....never mind. i've shown far too much geek in this thread ;)

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 10:23 AM
yap rushed the reply to that one:

nitro tank and 18 inch barrell (in my opinion) makes you a far more effective sniper but it depends on the cover fire of your rushers and....never mind. i've shown far too much geek in this thread ;)

I drew you out.

busted.

I hate snipers. HATE. Snipe and move, fine....got no problem. Find a hidey-hole and just sit there and wait....I hate you.

I've always wanted to go compressed air....but never spent the money.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 12:16 PM
I drew you out.

busted.

I hate snipers. HATE. Snipe and move, fine....got no problem. Find a hidey-hole and just sit there and wait....I hate you.

it's kind of a niche i was pigeon holed into early. far too big and stupid about the game intially so i found my MO by being forced into watching a quadrant. now i rush more times than not but, usually only through the cover of trees or ravines. still too big and now too old to go rushing out into the middle of the battle field unless i know i have a good shot at getting an easy drive-by. piture a brontosaurus at a full gallup ;)

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2009, 01:11 PM
was that a paintball bow?

Yep, those damned things are expensive too. I think they're like $600.00 but their accuracy is supposed to be rivaled only by a phantom pump.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2009, 01:14 PM
I drew you out.

busted.

I'm breaking down and getting an HPA tank for D-Day. My guess is that 80% of the people there will be shooting C02, and from what Ive heard there are going to be more air stations than C02 which means the C02 lines are going to bare LONG.

I'm not spending nearly 200.00 on a carbon fiber tank though, I'm just going with an aluminum tank. They're heavier, but I carry my tank on my back in my tac-vest and run a remote line so it shouldn't be that bad.

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 02:13 PM
it's kind of a niche i was pigeon holed into early. far too big and stupid about the game intially so i found my MO by being forced into watching a quadrant. now i rush more times than not but, usually only through the cover of trees or ravines. still too big and now too old to go rushing out into the middle of the battle field unless i know i have a good shot at getting an easy drive-by. piture a brontosaurus at a full gallup ;)

I feel your pain, at 6'5" and 300+ I make a pretty easy target, but I refuse to camp, I like to move from cover to cover and flank people that are in a firefight. being huge just means you better see them first. :D

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2009, 02:47 PM
I feel your pain, at 6'5" and 300+ I make a pretty easy target, but I refuse to camp, I like to move from cover to cover and flank people that are in a firefight. being huge just means you better see them first. :D

See, it pays to be 5'4" and 105 lbs. :)

Anyway, I'm in a German regiment defending Vierville so some degree of camping is natural when you're playing nothing just defense.

OU4LIFE
4/2/2009, 03:00 PM
well sure, in a scenario game...that might be your 'job', but in a woodsball fun game....DON'T DO IT.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2009, 04:42 PM
well sure, in a scenario game...that might be your 'job', but in a woodsball fun game....DON'T DO IT.

Well I'm too impatient to stay in one place for too long anyway.

SicEmBaylor
4/3/2009, 01:30 AM

By the way, when I said "camp" I meant as in sleeping accommodations. Tents, poles, fires, weenie roasts, etc.