PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds All American Game tonight!

soonerfan28
4/1/2009, 10:22 AM
It starts a 8:00 pm and at 7:00 pm they will replay the Powerade Jamfest.

soonerfan28
4/1/2009, 05:23 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6919/tinya.th.jpg (http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tinya.jpg)

Here's a pic of a much slimmer Gallon at the MDAA practice.

w0lfe
4/1/2009, 06:26 PM
wow he has dropped some pounds. That shows me that he is willing to do whatever to improve.

SoonerTroll
4/1/2009, 07:59 PM
Gallon hit a deep three and has made some nice moves in the paint. Mason-Griffin looks like a true point guard as well which would be nice.

John Kochtoston
4/1/2009, 08:13 PM
God bless McDonald's for sponsoring the game, but does Ronald McDonald really need to be there? A dude wearing clown makeup watching high school kids run up and down the court is beyond creepy.

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2009, 08:18 PM

Yep, that's 12 chickens right there.

http://www.eggcartons.com/images/plasticeggcartonstitle.jpg

Sorry. In light of what may or may not be happening in Arizona with Capel, looking forward to seeing these kids in OU jerseys seems kinda like that.

soonerfan28
4/1/2009, 09:12 PM
2nd year in a row that a OU signee has led the MDAA game in scoring. Warren had 24 last year and Gallon had 20 this year. Not to bad and I also think I saw TMG almost get rim. Got some hops for a 5'10 guy.

sooner518
4/1/2009, 09:36 PM
2nd year in a row that a OU signee has led the MDAA game in scoring. Warren had 24 last year and Gallon had 20 this year. Not to bad and I also think I saw TMG almost get rim. Got some hops for a 5'10 guy.

I'd hope so! I'm 5'10, nowhere near a D-1 college athlete and I can get rim....

Gallon looked pretty good. I kept expecting Blake Griffin-style thunder-jams from him so my expectations are somewhat skewed, but he looked to have some pretty good handles and some nice moves.

E-Town
4/1/2009, 09:50 PM
We'll have some pretty good recruits on the team. I like how TMG handles the basketball. Gallon is fun to watch too.

Eielson
4/1/2009, 09:54 PM

And the year before we had the dunk contest champ. :cool:

Eielson
4/1/2009, 09:57 PM
I'd hope so! I'm 5'10, nowhere near a D-1 college athlete and I can get rim....

I don't know about his jumping ability, but 5'10 looked awfully generous.

Gallon looked pretty good. I kept expecting Blake Griffin-style thunder-jams from him so my expectations are somewhat skewed, but he looked to have some pretty good handles and some nice moves.

Yeah, I think if he we are expected another Blake, we'll be dissapointed. However, if we're looking for another great player, I think we will be getting that.

AlbqSooner
4/2/2009, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I think if he we are expected another Blake, we'll be dissapointed.

Good point Corrine.;)

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 09:31 AM
I don't know about his jumping ability, but 5'10 looked awfully generous.

Looks about as tall as Keiton Page. They say he's near 220 and he really looks about 5'8. He looks more like a powerlifter then a basketball player.

NormanPride
4/2/2009, 09:55 AM
o1Qb18mSdb8

Gallon looks pretty athletic. I realize I'm spoiled with Griffin, but if this guy can shoot, then that makes the offense more versatile. He's also HUGE. :D

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 10:07 AM
20 points and 7 boards. He should've been MVP. Do we have any girls in it this year?

badger
4/2/2009, 10:11 AM
Gallon looks pretty athletic. I realize I'm spoiled with Griffin, but if this guy can shoot, then that makes the offense more versatile. He's also HUGE. :D

He's like a European NBA player that was born in America :D

ouleaf
4/2/2009, 11:02 AM
Nice to see he has a jumper with some range. Could be devastating on pick and rolls/pick and pops next year. Good to see he's slimmed down too. That'll help a lot next fall.

the_ouskull
4/2/2009, 11:07 AM
Looks about as tall as Brady Page. They say he's near 220 and he really looks about 5'8. He looks more like a powerlifter then a basketball player.

First of all, EEEEEEASY there, Time Machine. Lol. (Second, and much less important... by the time I saw him play as a sophomore, Page was already around 5'10"-5'11". Did he not grow any more his last two years of high school?)

Also, where (if anywhere) did he wind up playing in college?

the_ouskull

badger
4/2/2009, 11:08 AM
20 points and 7 boards. He should've been MVP. Do we have any girls in it this year?

None are declared for Oklahoma, according to the McDonald's All American site (http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/#/2009), but there are a few undeclared players... which I don't know if we have a shot at anyway.

I really don't mind if we don't have any girls in the game. We have a very, very solid team for the next few years with our froshie from long distance and our sophie running the show (Hand and D-Rob). I would like to see OU recruit the next center because Abi will graduate the next year, but if we get another Courtney or Ashley, they'll be a 4-year starter regardless :D

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 11:42 AM
First of all, EEEEEEASY there, Time Machine. Lol. (Second, and much less important... by the time I saw him play as a sophomore, Page was already around 5'10"-5'11". Did he not grow any more his last two years of high school?)

Also, where (if anywhere) did he wind up playing in college?

the_ouskull
I've known the Page family for about 15 years and neither Keiton or his dad would pass for anymore then 5'7 or 5'8. Keiton's brother Brady might be 5'10, but not Keiton.

I think you're probably kidding, but he's at OSU.

oumartin
4/2/2009, 12:07 PM
If the lady Sooners somehow manage to pull off the miracle and win the NC do you think that girl going to Baylor might change her mind? you know, that girl that dunks the ball

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 12:13 PM
Hasn't she already signed?

badger
4/2/2009, 12:23 PM
I think dude's signing period is the same as the chick's, so she'd have to get out of a LOI.

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 12:25 PM
I think dude's signing period is the same as the chick's, so she'd have to get out of a LOI.

Baylor ain't gonna let her go to OU.

the_ouskull
4/2/2009, 03:48 PM
I've known the Page family for about 15 years and neither Keiton or his dad would pass for anymore then 5'7 or 5'8. Keiton's brother Brady might be 5'10, but not Keiton.

I think you're probably kidding, but he's at OSU.

Man, here I was thinking that you read good. Shame about these kids... :D

I was ASKING about Brady, not Keiton. I covered Brady as a sophomore for the TV show that I used to work for, Inside Oklahoma High School Sports. It was around 1999, 2000-ish. I was asking where, if anywhere, Brady wound up playing.

...and as for his being 5'10", man, that sucks for him. He was 5'10" back then. Lol.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
4/2/2009, 03:53 PM
If the lady Sooners somehow manage to pull off the miracle and win the NC do you think that girl going to Baylor might change her mind? you know, that girl that dunks the ball

Britney Griner, Information Man,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=tuDfRzY2Vqw

and she's 1) already signed an LOI, and 2) been committed to Baylor verbally since the beginning of her junior year, so chances are, she's a Baylor commit. I'd love to see her change her mind, but the odds of it happening are about as good as the odds of you even going back and answering my questions...

the_ouskull

badger
4/2/2009, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry, but it's too late for Britney. Skeletor has already stuck her staff through her skull.
http://brooksammerman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/14/skeletor.jpg
:P

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 05:32 PM
Man, here I was thinking that you read good. Shame about these kids... :D

I was ASKING about Brady, not Keiton. I covered Brady as a sophomore for the TV show that I used to work for, Inside Oklahoma High School Sports. It was around 1999, 2000-ish. I was asking where, if anywhere, Brady wound up playing.

...and as for his being 5'10", man, that sucks for him. He was 5'10" back then. Lol.

the_ouskull

I went back and read my original post and I did say Brady, but I meant Keiton. Brady went to Oklahoma Christian University and was an NAIA All American. He now coaches at Pawnee with his dad.

My fault.

Collier11
4/2/2009, 06:54 PM
Just watched all the highlights, here is my overall thoughts on Gallong

Powerful, good feet, good control, good shot
Maybe drifts away from hoop too much but this was a all star game, seems a little slow but that can be worked on

If he can stay out of foul trouble I can see him avg 8-12pts and 6-10 reb his fresh season

the_ouskull
4/3/2009, 02:23 AM
For what it's worth, finding out that Brady was an NAIA all-american doesn't surprise me in the least. I loved watching that kid play as a sophomore. It was a rare kid that could handle and pass the ball equally well with both hands, shoot deadeye from the outside, and get into the paint and make the right pass too.

the_ouskull

picasso
4/3/2009, 02:22 PM
For what it's worth, finding out that Brady was an NAIA all-american doesn't surprise me in the least. I loved watching that kid play as a sophomore. It was a rare kid that could handle and pass the ball equally well with both hands, shoot deadeye from the outside, and get into the paint and make the right pass too.

the_ouskull

the two Page boys are ball hawgs, just like their old man was.

soonerfan28
4/3/2009, 02:33 PM
the two Page boys are ball hawgs, just like their old man was.

When you got the skill to shoot then use it. Thats not saying Pawnee or Yale didn't have other talent, but nobody on those teams could shoot like the Page boys.

picasso
4/3/2009, 02:39 PM
When you got the skill to shoot then use it. Thats not saying Pawnee or Yale didn't have other talent, but nobody on those teams could shoot like the Page boys.

that's true to an extent.