PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Orton

KingDavid
4/1/2009, 04:08 AM
Come on, baby. We got a ROOM WITH A VIEW here in Norman!!!

Anyone got any word on if this is a legitimate possibility? I personally don't see Calipari letting this fish jump out of the net unless he needs the scholly to sign one or two of his Memphis (de)commits like Henry or Cousins.

OU_Sooners75
4/1/2009, 04:33 AM
Don't bet the house on it.

KingDavid
4/2/2009, 12:19 AM
Don't bet the house on it.

Don't worry. I wouldn't even bet the shed on it at this point. Hope Im' wrong, though!

Mad Dog Madsen
4/2/2009, 08:53 AM
I don't think we'll be able to get Orton at this point. Didn't we sign like 3 centers already?

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 09:46 AM
I can't see Cousins and Orton playing on the same team, but from what I saw last night Cousins could play the 3 and Orton the 5. I think even if Orton doesn't sign w/Kentucky then it will be a tradition school. He already said he wants to go where the fans are crazy about basketball. Doesn't sound like OU.

It sure would be crazy to see Orton and Xavier Henry in Kansas uniforms next year, but it's a real possibility.

SOONER STEAKER
4/2/2009, 03:42 PM
Dean Blevins reported last night the Calipari was in OKC visiting with Orton and family. Was Calipari telling him not to come or was he trying to convince him to come to UK?

soonerfan28
4/2/2009, 06:09 PM
He was in OKC last night and I think Orton will be headed to Kentucky. All the hype right now that is Kentucky basketball will definitely be something Orton wants to be a part of.

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2009, 09:33 PM
Dean Blevins reported last night the Calipari was in OKC visiting with Orton and family. Was Calipari telling him not to come or was he trying to convince him to come to UK?

Well, I thought he could not have contact with him if he is still signed with Memphis, can he?

If that is true, isnt that a violation by Calipari right here?

OU_Sooners75
4/2/2009, 09:35 PM
He was in OKC last night and I think Orton will be headed to Kentucky. All the hype right now that is Kentucky basketball will definitely be something Orton wants to be a part of.

How much did Calipari give the kid?

SOONER STEAKER
4/3/2009, 09:23 AM
Well, I thought he could not have contact with him if he is still signed with Memphis, can he?

If that is true, isnt that a violation by Calipari right here?

Orton has already signed with Kentucky so it wouldn't be an NCAA violation. You may be confused thinking that Orton signed with Memphis when Xavier Henry from Putnam City is the OKC kid that signed wih Memphis but has requested to get out of LOI with Memphis.

soonerfan28
4/3/2009, 09:55 AM
How much did Calipari give the kid?

Calipari ain't hurtin for cash right now, so who knows.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/3/2009, 01:33 PM
http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/04/02/calipari-re-recruits-orton/

http://www.straitpinkie.com/sports/cats/daniel-orton-still-a-strong-uk-commitment/

pappy
4/4/2009, 03:08 AM
Orton has already signed with Kentucky so it wouldn't be an NCAA violation. You may be confused thinking that Orton signed with Memphis when Xavier Henry from Putnam City is the OKC kid that signed wih Memphis but has requested to get out of LOI with Memphis.

Any chance Xavier looks at becoming a sooner now since he's trying to get out of his LOI with memphis?

OU_Sooners75
4/4/2009, 04:10 AM
Any chance Xavier looks at becoming a sooner now since he's trying to get out of his LOI with memphis?

No.

He has stated as much too.

He was taught by his father to hate all things OU and OSU.

The reason, his father thought he was this god when it came to playing BBall. And OU did not even show interest in him.

So now, 25+ years later, he has taught his children how to hate something.

pappy
4/4/2009, 04:52 PM
that sucks

HateTheWhorns
4/5/2009, 05:48 PM
No.

He has stated as much too.

He was taught by his father to hate all things OU and OSU.

The reason, his father thought he was this god when it came to playing BBall. And OU did not even show interest in him.

So now, 25+ years later, he has taught his children how to hate something.

That is just terrible :D

HateTheWhorns

tommieharris91
4/8/2009, 10:36 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is going to Kentucky. What does this have to do with us and Daniel Orton? If Daniel Orton does decide to stick with Kentucky, Cousins will probably get most of his playing time. This helps us out.

tommieharris91
4/8/2009, 01:35 PM
Word now is that Orton wants out of his LOI.

soonerfan28
4/8/2009, 02:09 PM
Bring him in coach!

Mad Dog Madsen
4/9/2009, 10:24 AM
Ok now I believe we have a very good chance at landing Orton. Things seem to be falling into the right place. Come on Danny Boy!!! I think Orton and one of Capel's assistants, Oronde Taliaferro, I believe are related somehow. Cousins I think... Anybody else heard of this?

soonerfan28
4/9/2009, 11:27 AM
I believe the assistant is his uncle. I do think it is Taliaferro. I heard yesterday though that Calipari told Orton that there was enough playing time for he and Cousins. I don't think he's as interested in being the star as much he is at playing at a tradion school.

This off of windmilltilting.com March 27 ,2009

Also in OU’s favor is the fact that Orton played AAU ball with Blake Griffin and Capel-signee Kyle Hardrick, and his uncle is OU assistant coach Oronde Taliaferro.