PDA

View Full Version : Texas just beat ORU on a...

Ardmore_Sooner
3/31/2009, 09:01 PM
...balk. Tied 4-4 and with runners on the corners and 2 outs, the game winning run comes in on a balk. Wow.

Phil
4/1/2009, 02:48 PM
I seem to recall watching us beat Texas on a balk in the bottom of the ninth the very same way. Maybe it was OSU. MJ Mariani asked for time right before the pitch. The ump didn't grant time, but the pitcher stopped in the middle of his motion. Balk. Game over.

Paperclip
4/1/2009, 02:58 PM
It was Texas. Pitcher was so mad he threw the ball to the left field fence as the winning run came home. That was also the game Sooner fans welcomed Dax Powell back to LDM.

JLEW1818
4/2/2009, 08:59 AM
I seem to recall watching us beat Texas on a balk in the bottom of the ninth the very same way. Maybe it was OSU. MJ Mariani asked for time right before the pitch. The ump didn't grant time, but the pitcher stopped in the middle of his motion. Balk. Game over.

If seen that happen about 5 times in my life.... Some batters will try it on purpose to get the pitcher to balk.

Williesan
4/2/2009, 07:41 PM
It was Texas. Pitcher was so mad he threw the ball to the left field fence as the winning run came home. That was also the game Sooner fans welcomed Dax Powell back to LDM.

I remember that night very well. That was the night JohnnyMack single-handedly taunted the left fielder into at least one misplay. He can't take credit for the center fielder crashing into the fence tho - that goes to the Ruf-Neks.

Williesan