5. Brewers
6. Pirates
NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Giants
4. Rockies
5. Padres

The two New York clubs will be the wildcard teams.
My World Series prediction is Phillies vs. Red Sox, with the Red Sox winning in six.
My MVP choices will be Josh Hamilton of the Rangers and Ryan Howard of the Phillies.
My Cy Young picks are Francisco Liriano of the Twins and Johan Santana of the Mets.
Trey Hillman (Royals) is the AL Manager of the Year while Cecil Cooper (Astros) is the NL Manager of the Year.
The Yankees will play good ball with the absence of their third baseman, but will regress once he returns, which ends up costing them the divisional title. C.C. will have a solid year while A.J. Burnett will be lucky to start 15 games.
The National League will finally win an All-Star Game. But it will be all for naught as the NL champ can't handle the home-field advantage.
The Cardinals will be hit by a major injury to one of their key players.
We'll see numerous stories all season about how this will finally be "the year" for the Cubs, only to see them fall short again when it matters.
The Mets won't win the division because of an ineffective bullpen, only because the Phils are slightly better.
The Padres' Bud Black will be the first MLB manager fired this year.
Both Central divisions will be among the most intriguing in baseball. Royals hang in the race until late August, then it's a duel between Twins and ChiSox, but this time the Twins pull it out. On the NL side, the Cubs win but get a dogfight from the Astros, Reds and Cardinals.
Rays will have a solid season but the element of surprise will be gone.
Rangers get a phenomenal year from Josh Hamilton, who goes on to win the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game. Pitching again will be the Achilles heel, but it may be better than in recent years.

GrapevineSooner
3/31/2009, 08:52 AM
I like your WS prediction. ;)

walkoffsooner
3/31/2009, 09:24 AM
Looks like you have done your homework. I don't know about Bud getting fired. Yea the Padres suck but they already know they have no talent and may trade peavey which would be double suck.

GrapevineSooner
3/31/2009, 03:13 PM
And you know, with the injury problems that John Lackey and Ervin Santana are going through to start out the season...

OK, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I'll still need to see the Rangers' pitching staff convince me before I'll believe.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/31/2009, 05:10 PM
And you know, with the injury problems that John Lackey and Ervin Santana are going through to start out the season...

OK, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I'll still need to see the Rangers' pitching staff convince me before I'll believe.

If Millwood and Padilla both have their minds and bodies on straight, both are capable of winning at least 15 games apiece.

bri
4/1/2009, 12:41 AM
The Cubs will play strong all year and then tank in the NLDS in three again, breaking what little piece of my heart managed to survive the last two years.

In other words, my prediction for the season? PAIN.

Collier11
4/1/2009, 12:56 AM
My picks for the upcoming 2009 MLB season:
AL East
1. Redsox
2. Yankees
3. Rays
4. Blue Jays
5. Orioles
AL Central
1. Twins
2. White Sox
3. Royals
4. Indians
5. Tigers
AL West
1. Angels
2. Rangers
3. A's
4. Mariners

NL East
1. Phillies
2. Mets
3. Braves
4. Marlins
5. Nationals
NL Central
1. Cubs
2. Astros
3. Reds
4. Cardinals
5. Brewers
6. Pirates
NL West
1. Dodgers
2. Diamondbacks
3. Giants
4. Rockies
5. Padres

The two New York clubs will be the wildcard teams. NL east and AL east 2nd place teams

My World Series prediction is Phillies vs. Red Sox, with the Red Sox winning in six.
Yanks vs Mets, with Yanks winning damnit
My MVP choices will be Josh Hamilton of the Rangers and Ryan Howard of the Phillies. I cant argue with that
My Cy Young picks are Francisco Liriano of the Twins and Johan Santana of the Mets. I like Santana, he is the best pitcher in baseball but I would go with Halladay for the AL
Trey Hillman (Royals) is the AL Manager of the Year while Cecil Cooper (Astros) is the NL Manager of the Year. These are just silly, both teams will suck. I say Manuel for the Mets and Wedge for the Indians
The Yankees will play good ball with the absence of their third baseman, but will regress once he returns, which ends up costing them the divisional title. C.C. will have a solid year while A.J. Burnett will be lucky to start 15 games.
The National League will finally win an All-Star Game. But it will be all for naught as the NL champ can't handle the home-field advantage. Homefield didnt matter to the Cards or Phils
The Cardinals will be hit by a major injury to one of their key players. I curse you for saying this
We'll see numerous stories all season about how this will finally be "the year" for the Cubs, only to see them fall short again when it matters. Duh!
The Mets won't win the division because of an ineffective bullpen, only because the Phils are slightly better. Actually I think the Mets bullpen is improved this season, thats why I picked them
The Padres' Bud Black will be the first MLB manager fired this year.
Both Central divisions will be among the most intriguing in baseball. Royals hang in the race until late August, then it's a duel between Twins and ChiSox, but this time the Twins pull it out. On the NL side, the Cubs win but get a dogfight from the Astros, Reds and Cardinals. Cards and Reds will challenge the Cubs, Stros and Royals will fall out well before August
Rays will have a solid season but the element of surprise will be gone. Rays will likely win 90 or close to it but fail to make the playoffs this season
Rangers get a phenomenal year from Josh Hamilton, who goes on to win the Home Run Derby at the All-Star Game. Pitching again will be the Achilles heel, but it may be better than in recent years.Cant be much worse, Rangers will be decent til the AS Break

Takings some crazy leaps there, dont worry I fixed it all for ya ;)

AL East-Yankees

AL Central-Indians although after a disasterous season the Tigers might sneak back up. You are crazy if you think the Royals will finish 3rd

AL West- Angels but the Mariners keep it close for a while

NL East- I think this is the year the Mets finally dont choke

NL Central- Unfortunately, chubbies will win it again but I will enjoy watching them choke in the playoffs. Cards will push for WC and finish 2nd in division although if the pitching staff stays healthy all year and they stay close with the cubs Id take Larussa over sweet lou any day. There is no way the Stros finish anything other than 5th or 6th in this division. The Reds may be a surprise.

NL West- Dodgers

Scott D
4/1/2009, 02:29 PM
AL East - Bawstun
AL Central - Twinkies (woo jinxing them)
AL West - A's hold off the Angels

NL East - Phillies (Mets do famous chokejob)
NL Central - Scrubbies (Barely hold off the Reds)
NL West - Diamondbacks (Evil Manny shows up after AS Break)

Only prediction I make for my White Sox is that we'll finish at least ahead of the Royals.

BillyBall
4/1/2009, 03:14 PM
The Cubs will play strong all year and then tank in the NLDS in three again, breaking what little piece of my heart managed to survive the last two years.

This.

8timechamps
4/6/2009, 02:49 AM
AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Twins
AL West - A's (I think the Angles play sub par ball this year)

NL East - Mets (assuming he nosedive factor doesn't come back)
NL Central - Cubs
NL West - Dodgers

WS: Yankees - Dodgers

I'm a Rockies fan, and we've already had our 'once-in-a-lifetime' shot at a WS. We'll go back to sucking now.

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 02:12 PM

I'm a little more optimistic. I think they lose the postseason series in 4.

Also, why are the Reds getting so much love? Their roster sux and their manager is one of the worst in baseball.

tommieharris91
4/6/2009, 02:27 PM
AL:
East: Rays
Central: Indians, but really anyone can win it
West: Angels
Wild Card: White Sux

NL:
East: Phillies
Central: Cubs
West: Dodgers
Wild Card: Cardinals

WS: Rays over Dodgers

Collier11
6/3/2009, 06:07 PM
Cant be much worse, Rangers will be decent til the AS Break

Takings some crazy leaps there, dont worry I fixed it all for ya ;)

AL East-Yankees

AL Central-Indians although after a disasterous season the Tigers might sneak back up. You are crazy if you think the Royals will finish 3rd

AL West- Angels but the Mariners keep it close for a while

NL East- I think this is the year the Mets finally dont choke

NL Central- Unfortunately, chubbies will win it again but I will enjoy watching them choke in the playoffs. Cards will push for WC and finish 2nd in division although if the pitching staff stays healthy all year and they stay close with the cubs Id take Larussa over sweet lou any day. There is no way the Stros finish anything other than 5th or 6th in this division. The Reds may be a surprise.

NL West- Dodgers

So far I am correct with the AL East and NL west

I am just off with the AL Central(not the Indians, that was a horrible pick.) thinking the Tigers could get back
Just off with the NL East
Just off with the AL West with the Angels

Didnt have enough faith in My Cardinals and any faith in the NL Central