PDA

View Full Version : 12 Rounds

badger
3/30/2009, 11:31 AM
Has anybody else seen this movie yet? NP and I went to see it between the games yesterday... immediately after seeing it we were trying to name off each round and couldn't do it :D

John Kochtoston
3/30/2009, 08:36 PM
Wanted to go, but got the special edition of "No Holds Barred" with in-character commentary from Tiny Lister. Yes, on Blu-Ray.

badger
3/31/2009, 01:16 PM
Well, can't say I'm surprised at the lack of response. This movie epic phailed at the box office this weekend - only about $5 million. However, that's one-quarter of its budget, so there ya go. It'll be on DVD soon enough with those type of returns.

dolemitesooner
3/31/2009, 01:19 PM
So is the movie good or not?

badger
3/31/2009, 01:21 PM
If you moderately enjoyed The Marine, or The Condemned or any of the other WWE Films, you would probably moderately enjoy this one. It is not epic, but it blows sh!t up with a lot of fire and action, so it doesn't suck.

dolemitesooner
3/31/2009, 01:25 PM
Sounds like ball sack

StoopTroup
3/31/2009, 01:28 PM
Going to the Movies is so old school anyway.

John Kochtoston
3/31/2009, 01:32 PM
Apparently, the WWE is actually sending out a survey asking fans why they didn't go see 12 Rounds. I'll save you the time, Vince:
1) The IWC HATES John Cena. A lot of the hate is irrational, IMHO, but its there and palpable.
2) The Condemmed.
3) The Marine.
4) No Holds Barred.

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2009, 01:36 PM
If only they could make a movie with an entertaining wrestler like Rowdy Roddy Piper and a legitimate action star like Carl Weathers...

John Kochtoston
3/31/2009, 03:36 PM
If only they could make a movie with an entertaining wrestler like Rowdy Roddy Piper and a legitimate action star like Carl Weathers...

Roddy could be a down-on-his-luck former superstar wrestler who is hanging on by a string, wrestling in junior high gyms. His girlfriend could be a smokin' hot stripper...

...and Carl could be the champ, unbeaten and untested. He's getting ready for another title defense, when the challenger backs out after breaking his hand. No other legitimate challenger wants anything to do with him, for fear of having to job out in a squash. So, Carl makes a call, giving ol' Roddy one last shot at fame.

It could work, Froz. You may be on to something.

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2009, 03:41 PM
Roddy could be a down-on-his-luck former superstar wrestler who is hanging on by a string, wrestling in junior high gyms. His girlfriend could be a smokin' hot stripper...

...and Carl could be the champ, unbeaten and untested. He's getting ready for another title defense, when the challenger backs out after breaking his hand. No other legitimate challenger wants anything to do with him, for fear of having to job out in a squash. So, Carl makes a call, giving ol' Roddy one last shot at fame.

It could work, Froz. You may be on to something.

Or perhaps Piper could play the part of a construction worker who finds a pair of sunglasses that reveal that many of the people he interacts with on a daily basis are actually aliens. Further, the glasses reveal the subliminal advertising to Obey and Consumer plastered across all visual surfaces. He attempts to show the glasses to his friend (Weathers) and they end up having the greatest fight in movie history.

That could work. :D

Frozen Sooner
3/31/2009, 05:07 PM
Apparently that wasn't Carl Weathers in They Live. Dang.

BudSooner
4/1/2009, 08:39 PM
Or perhaps Piper could play the part of a construction worker who finds a pair of sunglasses that reveal that many of the people he interacts with on a daily basis are actually aliens. Further, the glasses reveal the subliminal advertising to Obey and Consumer plastered across all visual surfaces. He attempts to show the glasses to his friend (Weathers) and they end up having the greatest fight in movie history.

That could work. :D

That movie so ****ing rocks. :D

BudSooner
4/1/2009, 08:40 PM
Apparently that wasn't Carl Weathers in They Live. Dang.

Keith David is who I assume who mean to replace, he's good but he's no Apollo Creed.

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Keith David was the guy I was thinking of (why? Just because he and Weathers are black? YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!) but I still think that movie would be pretty awesome if Carl Weathers WAS in it.

John Kochtoston
4/1/2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, Keith David was the guy I was thinking of (why? Just because he and Weathers are black? YOU'RE A RACIST!!!!) but I still think that movie would be pretty awesome if Carl Weathers WAS in it.

Oh, that movie would be f-ing awesome with Carl Weathers in it. Not that it's not already, but still. Get Dolph Lundgren and Jesse Ventura to do cameos, and it would make Citizen Kane look like the Bray-Doyle junior varsity drama club's spring performance.

Frozen Sooner
4/1/2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, that movie would be f-ing awesome with Carl Weathers in it. Not that it's not already, but still. Get Dolph Lundgren and Jesse Ventura to do cameos, and it would make Citizen Kane look like the Bray-Doyle junior varsity drama club's spring performance.

You know what you got there?

You got yourself a stew!

John Kochtoston
4/1/2009, 09:28 PM
Let's get on the horn to Vince! And the Bray-Doyle Fine Arts Department!

BudSooner
4/1/2009, 10:14 PM

Yeah, he made for a good voice of the lead gargoyle on the cartoon from the late 90's, and is also good as a cop trying to help a hapless horn direct a lava flow thru LA. :D
Heh, for some reason I get him and the guy who played the boxer who took the fall in "Snake Eyes" and the Stallone movie where they had to dig out from the tunnel collapse. They do look an awful lot alike, just looked the guys name up...Stan Shaw.