NMSooner'80
3/29/2009, 11:58 AM
(from the Aggies' Rivals.com board)

"olathepoke1

Heisman Winner
Post #9125
Owasso, OK

So who is David Boren blowing at the NCAA? Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all know it's happening, I have never seen a protected athletic department in the history of the NCAA. They get caught cheating red handed in football and get a circle jerk lead by Boren,then their big clown Griffen is the most protected basketball player in the NCAA basketball history.
What a joke the NCAA is. "

Haven't we all heard this kind of crap from them all of our lives? And, of course, spelling isn't one of his strong suits, either (Griffen?)

I'm making it one my my life goals to cure all OU fans of thinking that we should "root for OSU, because they represent the state...." This is another "exhibit A" to that effect.

goingoneight
3/29/2009, 12:10 PM
I used to cheer for them, now I honestly don't give a rat's ***. They're in the BIG 12, so I tune in when we need them to win something or when we're playing them, but they went from the 3rd team I cheer for in the state to a more local Texas Tech or KU.

bri
3/29/2009, 01:16 PM
I hate aggy, and want them to die in a fire.

walkoffsooner
3/29/2009, 01:18 PM
I don't let fans affect who I cheer for. If that was the case I would not have a team. Every team has a few *** clowns

101sooner
3/29/2009, 01:28 PM
That's the way they are. Every school has idiot internet fans, but in the real world, that's the way Poke fans act.

Go have lunch with some Poke fans. All they will talk about is OU.

The internet is what it is, but most of us have had to deal with them in the real world. They can't "internet argue" against the real world truth.

soonerfan28
3/29/2009, 01:46 PM
I don't know who this big clown Griffen is but if he's referring to Blake Griffin then he sure isn't protected. Maybe they didn't notice the bloody noses the flip to the floor in the first round, the stitches under his eye, the mutliple shots to the face and even the backboard was trying to take Blake out. I didn't see anything called on that last one.

badger
3/29/2009, 02:42 PM
Better that our basketball coach breaks NCAA laws than "don't drink and drive" laws, eh Pokie State? ;)

I have no qualms about message board insults from opposing fans. You give as much as you take on teh innerwebs.

For the record though, Boren did go into politician mode when he came to the OU athletic department's defenses, but hey, he's a very, very good politician and has earmarked well for the entire state of Oklahoma and continues to politic for funding and, yes, NCAA leniency. He does what he has to in order to protect the entire university, including sports (which OSU should know can be the driving force in big booster donations to academics). You don't hear anyone from OSU complain when Boren's begging the state not to cut higher ed funding.

Bosley
3/29/2009, 03:45 PM
The inferiority complex is palpable.

KC//CRIMSON
3/29/2009, 03:48 PM

as you say.......strap them all to rockets and launch them into the sun!

FTW!

OUAlumni1990
3/29/2009, 09:32 PM
I'll root for OSU against any team from Texas. Even though not one of their fans likes us. They're motto is "I root for OSU and anyone playing OU".

bri
3/29/2009, 10:35 PM
You got that backwards, dude.

Dio
3/30/2009, 11:55 AM

I wonder if Great White's available for the Orange Peel?

tommieharris91
3/30/2009, 12:04 PM
I have never seen a protected athletic department in the history of the NCAA.

He must not think USC has sports teams.

OUmillenium
3/30/2009, 12:07 PM
heh...I wonder if Great White's available for the Orange Peel?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/30/2009, 12:33 PM
I don't let fans affect who I cheer for. If that was the case I would not have a team. At OSU every fan is an *** clown

Fixed it for you...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/30/2009, 12:33 PM
I don't let fans affect who I cheer for. If that was the case I would not have a team. At OSU every fan is an *** clown

Fixed it for you...

Taxman71
4/1/2009, 09:26 AM
The biggest problem with osu is that their annoying fans became that way by following the lead of the school's brass...Holder, TBoone, Lester, Andersen, their radio guys, all have a little brother in your face for OU thing going on. I have quite enjoyed watching all of their recent mishaps given their sole goal in life is to annoy OU fans.

John Smith and their wrestling program is the only thing they have that hasn't fallen victim to this mentality.

OUAlumni1990
4/1/2009, 09:34 AM
....given their sole goal in life is to annoy OU fans.

Ummm....that pretty much sums it up..

the_ouskull
4/1/2009, 10:45 AM
I used to cheer for them...

F*G! :D

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
4/1/2009, 10:47 AM
I have no qualms about message board insults from opposing fans. You give as much as you take on teh innerwebs.

Heh. I'm with you, Bag. In fact, I have no qualms about message board insults from fans of MY team... or TO them, for that matter. As for giving as much as I take, though. I think I might (maybe) give out a smidgen more. :D

the_ouskull

ouwapiti
4/1/2009, 11:18 AM
what is he referring to when he says 'caught red handed in football' ????have i missed something here lately ???

picasso
4/1/2009, 12:41 PM
a guy called into the Sports Animal on Monday night and told Al that Sunday was a great day for oSu. The Gooners lost in basketball and in baseball (Al corrected him that we split a double header).

That right there says it all about what gets them out of their sad little world.