PDA

View Full Version : W/Gillispie now gone at Kentucky

soonerfan28
3/29/2009, 11:14 AM
does anybody have inside info on the Orton situation? I know that he cares more about going to a tradition school but w/Blake leaving we could us all the big bodies we can get. Even if he just had major knee surgery.

JLEW1818
3/29/2009, 01:35 PM
So how much is still guaranteed to Gillispie???

soonerfan28
3/29/2009, 01:38 PM
6 million, but Kentucky's already trying to get out of it.

badger
3/29/2009, 02:35 PM
does anybody have inside info on the Orton situation?
During last week's soap opera, he took out the boss' daughter, who is married to the world heavyweight champion. Orton was assisted by a sledgehammer, as well as two other generational superstars, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase Jr.
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAHI063_8x10~Randy-Orton-Posters.jpg

;)

badger
3/29/2009, 02:36 PM
As for the $6 mil buyout clause, the idiot, Billy G., NEVER. SIGNED. A. LONGTERM. CONTRACT. He is not going to get sh!t, except for the $2.3 million year-to-year deal he had, which ends... now, considering the season's over.

G's finished! But then again, so is Kentucky if they don't think there's any repercussions to firing a coach after only two years.

KU_Sooner
3/29/2009, 05:59 PM
The problem is that UK was using that little memo thing as a contract for the last two years whenever there was a request to see Gillispies contract. Now UK is trying to say it doesn't count. He never signed a long term contract because UK basically tried to make it look like he had one. Now an already financially struggling athletic program is trying to figure out how to get out of this. Granted all of this could have been avoided if they'd just given him a chance to at least get his own players on the team.

Oh, and to throw some gasoline on the rumor fire, Gillispie was spotted in Lawrence today at McAllisters.

Bruiser53
3/29/2009, 08:54 PM
I'm a recent McGuinness grad, and one of my friends talked to Gabe Ikard and he said now Orton will either be headed to OU or Kansas.

wishbonesooner
3/29/2009, 09:09 PM
What would make this story even more amusing would be if UK takes Travis Ford from our aggie little brothers.

KU_Sooner
3/30/2009, 03:53 PM
I'm a recent McGuinness grad, and one of my friends talked to Gabe Ikard and he said now Orton will either be headed to OU or Kansas.

Really? He would probably go to OU, especially if Aldrich stays here for another year. But I guess he might, would be good for us to have a good sub for Aldrich. I guess we'll see what happens.

badger
3/30/2009, 03:58 PM
The Kentucky situation will likely have a coaching spiral effect:

1- Memphis loses their coach to Kentucky.
2- A minor big name school loses their coach to Memphis.
3- The minor big name school seeks an alum or mid major coach.
4- OP.com meltdown.

E-Town
3/30/2009, 04:01 PM

4- OP.com meltdown.

OP.com never stopped melting down from the last change.

Eielson
3/30/2009, 04:13 PM
Didn't his father get paid thousands of dollars to "speak" at camps for Kentucky? I'm not getting onto Kentucky for doing that, because a lot of colleges do that. I'm just thinking there might be more to going there than just the coach. Of course, I guess Gillespie probably had a lot to do with that.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2009, 11:16 PM

4- OP.com meltdown.

1. Good call on step 1. That looks like a done deal.

Here in Mo there are a lot of Tiger fans worried that Anderson is going to be headed to Memphis. He is only making 800K at Mizzou and Memphis would likely more than double that.