PDA

View Full Version : Okay okay

murray1430
3/29/2009, 01:14 AM
I have read all the forums and all the youtube info. It is now time that all the non Sooner fans etc. quit hating and let's put this thing into perspective.

OU has lost some big games lately but has also won some big games as well. The Sooners (staff/players) have put themselves into very good positions. Now, let's look at how they have done this,

#1 They have a great coaching staff (blue collar men that have "been there and done that").
#2 For the most part OU does not always get the #1 recruits across the board like USC, Texas, Florida, LSU, etc, etc, etc.
#3 OU's location does not really come across as glamorous as the others and yes that does play a part to some of these KIDS and yes they are still kids.
#4 OU/coaching staff takes kids that do not always have these 4 or 5 star ratings but yet they are always competing and yes winning many games. Most of those games are BIG games. Heck every week in college football is a big game just ask Michigan. Nothing these days in college football is a gimme.
#5 Now, let's look at OU this last season. They came into this year with question marks at WR, LB, and even the secondary. But where did they end up? In the conference championship and the national championship. This was accomplished while we were breaking in new players at key positions. OU lost to Texas and Florida only. One team that won the championship and the other that could have put up a very good fight for it if not won it as well. OU was not blown out of either game and in both games OU was right in it until the end. Now, keep in mind all of the factors/negatives that OU faced and still was crowned the conf champs and played for a nat'l title. The two teams that OU lost to this year did not face any of the adversities that OU has faced. This is why I believe that this staff knows exactly what types of players they want for their system and they go get them. I will always take a hard working blue collar 3 star over a prima donna 5 star anyday. This staff and the players they pick I would want on my side in a fight anyday as well. So, put that in your "FN" pipe and smoke it. Example: who showed up and contributed in the big games the last few years when #4 WR couldn't step up and take charge. If you don't know go back and check the game film. Also, I believe his guardians work for the United States Military. That just goes to show. People and players like that are why I am an OU/blue collar fan and always will be (always fighting the good fight). BOOMER SOONER FOR LIFE!

JLEW1818
3/29/2009, 01:31 PM
Good Post.

OUmillenium
3/29/2009, 06:49 PM
spekkage

Leroy Lizard
3/29/2009, 08:15 PM
The fans of only two teams can knock OU's success in football this past year: Florida and Utah. The others can suck it.

Dan Thompson
3/29/2009, 09:32 PM
Do you really like the sooners?

murray1430
3/29/2009, 09:57 PM
Yea I suppose I am kinda fond of them a bit

richsooner
4/3/2009, 06:13 PM
The thing we have lacked the last 8 yrs is, Just Plain Luck, Barry said it often and it is true. You can work your butt off and if you don't catch a break, it ain't gonna happen. We don't seem to catch a break lately................

BoulderSooner79
4/3/2009, 06:37 PM
What richsooner said. The 2000 team was virtually injury free and that hasn't happened since. But even with that, we were fortunate in that the defense got better as the year went on. They were totally dominant at the end which countered the fact that the offense was dropping off a bit. Yeah, you make your own breaks, but so does several other teams every year. The ultimate winner is often the team that gets the breaks they don't earn.

murray1430
4/4/2009, 12:21 AM
Yes, luck does play a big part of it that is why I felt like going ahead with the post. Regardless of the injuries I will always feel as if the coaches do a great job recruiting the players that fit what Coach Stoops and the crew try to run. Then I feel they do a good job getting them ready under all circumstances. Having good luck come your way does help though.