PDA

View Full Version : The Sooners Tourney ends Sunday

Socrefbek
3/27/2009, 10:26 PM
OU was extremely lucky tonight. Syracuse missed all 10 3-point shots in the first half. OU got at least 4 lucky loose balls. Crocker had the all time game of his life and they still had to hold on for a victory that was much closer than the final score.

Watching NC against Gonzaga is showing me what a real Basketball team looks like. Roy Williams is one of the greatest coaches of all time. NC has more talent than OU top to bottom. The Tarheels are the Bluest of Bluebloods in college basketball. The Sooners simply can't compete with the Tarheels. CAN NOT COMPETE !!!

:gary: :gary: :gary:

North Carolina Tarheels 94 - OU 75

sooneron
3/27/2009, 10:28 PM
Ok then.

Paperclip
3/27/2009, 10:29 PM
Guess I'll just take a nap so I can be sure and stay up for the girls' game.

sooneron
3/27/2009, 10:30 PM

Ooh, good plan.:gary:

oumartin
3/27/2009, 10:32 PM
yep, well guess they don't even need to show up.

OULenexaman
3/27/2009, 10:32 PM
Give me dat filet a fish....give me dat fish.....

Socrefbek
3/27/2009, 10:33 PM

Don't get me started on how badly the Sooner women are going to get schooled :mad:

swardboy
3/27/2009, 10:39 PM
Doomed I tell ya!

sooneron
3/27/2009, 10:39 PM
They're a good team, a very good team, but they are nothing close to perfection on the court. They can be beaten. Most pundits had us losing tonight and we made cuse look clueless.

BudsBoy
3/27/2009, 10:53 PM
What ever happens Sunday, tonight was great and I for one am enjoying the heck out of it. So don't tell us what may happen in the next game.

theresonly1OU
3/27/2009, 10:58 PM
You couldn't wait a few freaking hours before you started the doom and gloom crap up again?

Seriously?

Gimme a ****ing break. Enjoy the win, will 'ya? This is a great moment for OU basketball.

Besides, many smarter than you picked 'cuse to dominate us tonight, and look how that turned out.

Jello Biafra
3/27/2009, 11:19 PM
You couldn't wait a few freaking hours before you started the doom and gloom crap up again?

Seriously?

Gimme a ****ing break. Enjoy the win, will 'ya? This is a great moment for OU basketball.

Besides, many smarter than you picked 'cuse to dominate us tonight, and look how that turned out.

do we have to hit you over the head witha skillet? jokes....all jokes...

8timechamps
3/27/2009, 11:41 PM
I only had a bagel for dinner. Do you think I should eat some protien before I call it a night?

Eielson
3/27/2009, 11:59 PM
Where did the Obama thread go?!

theresonly1OU
3/28/2009, 12:19 AM
do we have to hit you over the head witha skillet? jokes....all jokes...

My bad; too much beer methinks.

OUAlumni1990
3/28/2009, 12:19 AM
They can be beaten.

Magic words. Not likely we can beat them, but very possible.

Most pundits had us losing tonight and we made cuse look clueless.

Thats what I liked most about tonights game.

OUAlumni1990
3/28/2009, 12:23 AM
OU was extremely lucky tonight.

I take this as sarcasm.

John Kochtoston
3/28/2009, 12:45 AM
OU was extremely lucky tonight. Syracuse missed all 10 3-point shots in the first half. OU got at least 4 lucky loose balls. Crocker had the all time game of his life and they still had to hold on for a victory that was much closer than the final score.

Watching NC against Gonzaga is showing me what a real Basketball team looks like. Roy Williams is one of the greatest coaches of all time. NC has more talent than OU top to bottom. The Tarheels are the Bluest of Bluebloods in college basketball. The Sooners simply can't compete with the Tarheels. CAN NOT COMPETE !!!

Man, I wished I'd have watched the game you did. Sounds a lot more exciting than the rout that was on my television.

setem
3/28/2009, 12:53 AM
Is this a joke or something. I mean I know UNC is very very good but we have a good team too.

If this is a joke ha!

If not **** YOU *******!

Wescoe24
3/28/2009, 01:23 AM
Hey, that was a great game! If we play like that Sunday, we DEFINITELY have a chance to "compete" with the mighty bluebloods. Blake is a STUD, and I'm looking forward to the matchup with Hansbrough. My money's on BG!!
But our guards HAVE to play like they did tonite again. That was a fun game! Bring on the Heels!!

tommieharris91
3/28/2009, 01:45 AM
Hey, that was a great game! If we play like that Sunday, we DEFINITELY have a chance to "compete" with the mighty bluebloods. Blake is a STUD, and I'm looking forward to the matchup with Hansbrough. My money's on BG!!
But our guards HAVE to play like they did tonite again. That was a fun game! Bring on the Heels!!

You caught you a lunker bro!!

My Opinion Matters
3/28/2009, 07:51 AM
I have a source close to the program and he says UNC has been running lay-up drills...

DOOMED!

Soonerus
3/28/2009, 08:09 AM
You absolutely, 100% suck...

swardboy
3/28/2009, 08:25 AM
My source says unc actually does off-season work.....DOOOOOOMED !!!!

okienole3
3/28/2009, 08:43 AM
Who is UNC's coach again?

That's what I thought.

We will have a shot.

the_ouskull
3/28/2009, 08:53 AM
I have a source close to the program and he says UNC has been running lay-up drills...

DOOMED!

Wait? They practice? Wow. They must truly be disciplined out there in Chapel Hill... I didn't think Roy had it in him.

the_ouskull

SoonerBacker
3/28/2009, 09:00 AM
All espn "analysts" say we have no chance. DOOMED!!!!!!

Socrefbek
3/28/2009, 02:22 PM
My source says unc actually does off-season work.....DOOOOOOMED !!!!

I am glad to see someone understands and acknowledges the difficulty of the Sooners task on Sunday.

badger
3/28/2009, 02:41 PM
Sooners Tourney ends Sunday. Sooners Final Four begins next week.

soonerfan28
3/28/2009, 03:06 PM
It was closer then the final score? I don't know what game you were watching but OU let them come back to make the score as close as it was. The Tarheels will be lucky if the win by 10. I say the game is 50/50 regardless of the amount of former MDAA's that UNC has.

OU_Sooners75
3/28/2009, 03:19 PM

This is about the dumbest analyst of the game I have read.. period.

If you live by the three, which Syracuse does, you die by the three as well.

The other thing that OU got lucky at last night was the fact that the 2-3 zone is outdated and does not work when you have great inside/outside presence. OU with both Griffins and Warren & Johnson had what it took to beat Syracuse.

It was not luck...OU is a damn good team and before the Conference Tourneys, Syracuse was a bubble team!

101sooner
3/28/2009, 03:58 PM
This is about the dumbest analyst of the game I have read.. period.

If you live by the three, which Syracuse does, you die by the three as well.

The other thing that OU got lucky at last night was the fact that the 2-3 zone is outdated and does not work when you have great inside/outside presence. OU with both Griffins and Warren & Johnson had what it took to beat Syracuse.

It was not luck...OU is a damn good team and before the Conference Tourneys, Syracuse was a bubble team!

Dream on. UNC is way too deep. If you think Crocker can play like that again, you're delusional. Without a freak game by Crocker, we would have lost to 'Cuse. The party is over folks. OU is in way over their heads. This ride is over.

soonerfan28
3/28/2009, 04:02 PM
We have every chance to beat UNC. We were ranked just as high as them throughout most of the year. People doubt our team to much. We will be in this game until the end. I'll go ahead and pick my score. OU WINS!! 74-70

sooner ngintunr
3/28/2009, 04:26 PM
Dream on. UNC is way too deep. If you think Crocker can play like that again, you're delusional. Without a freak game by Crocker, we would have lost to 'Cuse. The party is over folks. OU is in way over their heads. This ride is over.

You need to work on your sarcasm. People might think you are actually being serious.

They freakin lost to BC at home!

We're doomed I tell ya!

GrapevineSooner
3/28/2009, 04:56 PM
If Syracuse had hit all their threes, we woud have lost by 20.

;)

John Kochtoston
3/28/2009, 08:25 PM
If Syracuse had hit one more 3 on the night, they'd have hit 33%. They hit 34.6% on the season before Friday. Syracuse dug themselves a hole by going 0-for-10 early, but they lost because they couldn't get defensive stops, not because they missed 3s.

SoonersBIG7
3/28/2009, 08:33 PM
I see to many "IFs" in this thread i say "IF" you were a true Sooner fan you'd stand behind your boys and expect a final four banner. joking or not....

sooner ngintunr
3/28/2009, 08:43 PM
I see to many "IFs" in this thread i say "IF" you were a true Sooner fan you'd stand behind your boys and expect a final four banner. joking or not....

No ****!!! I was thinking the same thing, I wouldn't post some of the shiiiit on this thread even if I was joking. I don't joke about OU (much).

Some of the stuff I see here on this post makes me wonder about some of the "fans" on this site. But it's also no surprise that the majority of said posters don't reside within 3 hrs of the university either.

Readyfor8
3/28/2009, 09:13 PM
Wow the newbs sure are touchy, bet they don't stick around long.

Lighten up, everyone is entitled to their opinion and jokes. Leave the fan police state BS on orangepower and hornfans.

BoulderSooner79
3/28/2009, 09:24 PM
Being a fan doesn't mean being blind to reality. All sooners fan will be pulling for Blake and company tomorrow - but we are not required to turn off our brains when analyzing the match-up. I'll leave that for poke fans.

OUAlumni1990
3/28/2009, 10:23 PM
Maybe we should type in a special color when communicating sarcasm so some people don't blow a fuse. How about turquoise?

Readyfor8
3/28/2009, 10:28 PM
Maybe we should type in a special color when communicating sarcasm so some people don't blow a fuse. How about turquoise?

Spek on this one.

But instead lets just banish all of the bandwagoneer's (that's right I said it) to ouinsider.com, it's always worked in the past why mess with tradition?

CobraKai
3/28/2009, 10:36 PM

Much closer than the final score? Seriously? This game was much more like a 30 point blowout than a close victory. Are you sure you were not watching the Kansas - Michigan State game?

Socrefbek
3/28/2009, 10:39 PM
You absolutely, 100% suck...

:D

SoonersBIG7
3/28/2009, 11:05 PM
Well since I'm in the wrong here spark my brain and explain the match-up? OU losses came 4 of 5 made tourny. All which advanced to second round. 2 Sweet Sixteen 1 elite 8 (KU, Mizzou). NC 2 of 4 losses in Tourny 1 second rounder. Three words....WE ARE DOOMED

tommieharris91
3/28/2009, 11:12 PM

Nahh, it's too funny watching people take the bait.

theresonly1OU
3/28/2009, 11:51 PM

After all the chicken little's who came out in the last 2 weeks to tell everyone how Tony Crocker should be riding the pine, or that we weren't getting out of the second round etc, can you really blame people for taking this kind of talk seriously?

OUAlumni1990
3/28/2009, 11:51 PM

I wonder if they even know they were baited. hehe, apparently not :P

theresonly1OU
3/28/2009, 11:56 PM
I wonder if they even know they were baited. hehe, apparently not :P

Like I said above; read some of the posts from before the tournament, and this one fits right in with all the other WERE DOOOOMMMMEEDDD!!!! posts.

Just sayin'.

Readyfor8
3/29/2009, 04:01 AM
I'm just saying before you come out to bag on another poster, you should probably have enough experience on the board to know when someone is being sarcastic.

sendbaht
3/29/2009, 08:06 AM
Well I guess I can just sleep in then. The game is on at 4:05AM Monday morning here in Thailand. Might as well sleep in even though I can watch the game live thank you NCAA.com..... but then again BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!

sooner ngintunr
3/29/2009, 09:40 AM
I'm just saying before you come out to bag on another poster, you should probably have enough experience on the board to know when someone is being sarcastic.

I do and I don't think he is. But whatever, I called him out and he didn't respond. Maybe he'll come back in another 2 months and post another "sarcastic" post about how bad our FB team is.

I've watched every single MBB game this year except for one. Some of these "fans" can't say the same, the geography doesn't work, just sayin'.

Some people need to rethink "band wagon" definition.

If we show up like we have in 80% of our games this year I think we're going tear the heels a new hole.:D OU by 9.
:pop:

theresonly1OU
3/29/2009, 10:01 AM

Pretty sure it doesn't take experience on a message board to see a failed attempt at sarcasm.

Sarcasm at its best is easily identified; I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who chalked this thread up as yet another chicken little thread.

Besides, I apologized a few pages back when I "took the bait" and responded to the OP's attempt.

ousooners182
3/29/2009, 10:21 AM
everyones sarcasm aside...

ITS GAMEDAY.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooomer

badger
3/29/2009, 10:25 AM

Turquoise is too close to North Carolina blue, which I remind you is our opponent tonight. Therefore, in your effort to diffuse my n00balicious rage through sarcasm you have actually enraged me further to the point of uber rage. How does that make you feel, you anti-Sooner you? ;)

How bout a nice shade of PMS pink instead?

1890MilesToNorman
3/29/2009, 10:34 AM
OU get's blown out by 55 on Sunday!!!

sooner ngintunr
3/29/2009, 10:44 AM
Sooooooooooner!!1!!!!

OU by 55!!! Wait, I mean UNC by 55!!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
3/29/2009, 10:55 AM
Psycho T is a pansy B and Blake G will C walk all over him today.

OUAlumni1990
3/29/2009, 11:45 AM
Turquoise is too close to North Carolina blue, which I remind you is our opponent tonight. Therefore, in your effort to diffuse my n00balicious rage through sarcasm you have actually enraged me further to the point of uber rage. How does that make you feel, you anti-Sooner you? ;)

How bout a nice shade of PMS pink instead?

There is only one occasion I like looking at pink and it ain't on no message board:)

tommieharris91
3/29/2009, 01:23 PM
How bot teh orgn cuz itz teh bestest colr??//:stunned:

JLEW1818
3/29/2009, 01:25 PM
Should i make a game thread? It worked against Syracuse,.. lol

101sooner
3/29/2009, 02:13 PM
I do and I don't think he is. But whatever, I called him out and he didn't respond. Maybe he'll come back in another 2 months and post another "sarcastic" post about how bad our FB team is.

I've watched every single MBB game this year except for one. Some of these "fans" can't say the same, the geography doesn't work, just sayin'.

Some people need to rethink "band wagon" definition.

If we show up like we have in 80% of our games this year I think we're going tear the heels a new hole.:D OU by 9.
:pop:

Seriously? Have you watched Ty Lawson play?

sooner ngintunr
3/29/2009, 03:36 PM
Seriously? Have you watched Ty Lawson play?

Who's Ty Lawson?

What's a "game thread"?

Yeah we're screwed. Lawson's gonna have fifty. WW sucks and won't be able to score. Blake will get in Foul trouble.

Seriously though, wait, nevermind, thats not allowed here. Must be sarcastic every time no matter what.

101sooner
3/29/2009, 03:45 PM
Dude, UNC is an NBA team. You have a right to your opinion, but this ride is over. UNC by 20, and if you disagree, you are a fool.

sooner ngintunr
3/29/2009, 03:46 PM
Oh, more of that great sarcasm I see. I agree with you, OU sucks, we can't compete. NBA team. I say we lose by at least 25. We got lucky against everyone this year, we are horrible.

101sooner
3/29/2009, 04:58 PM
Cool. At least we agree.

OUmillenium
3/29/2009, 06:44 PM
Wasnt by 20 and if any of the guards show up in the first half, its a much better game. I figured UNC would win but our offensive aggressiveness was non-existent. Lots of mental mistakes by this team that Final 4 teams do not make. Nice season and I think Blake wrapped up POY today.

Wescoe24
3/29/2009, 07:37 PM
Good call, Mr. Sarcasm! We definitely couldn't compete today. 0-15 start from 3 won't get it done. No show guards stunk it up again. Great year, Blake! Thanks for all the amazing highlights! As always, another bad ending to a great year!

Socrefbek
3/29/2009, 08:00 PM

Well the reverse mojo failed. I reeled in a lot of fish but the Sooners came up short. Bummer. Congrats on a great season though. Unfortunately our outside shooting went as cold today as it was hot on Friday night. Thanks for everything Blake and I hope you have a great and long career in the NBA.

Just for the record I thought the CAN NOT COMPETE !!! with the 3 :gary: 's part at the end made it pretty obvious. :P

sooner ngintunr
3/29/2009, 08:10 PM
Well the reverse mojo failed. I reeled in a lot of fish but the Sooners came up short. Bummer. Congrats on a great season though. Unfortunately our outside shooting went as cold today as it was hot on Friday night. Thanks for everything Blake and I hope you have a great and long career in the NBA.

Just for the record I thought the CAN NOT COMPETE !!! with the 3 :gary: 's part at the end made it pretty obvious. :P

It did, but was 101 really being sarcastic? Been lurking awhile here, just wondering if I totally missed it.

Socrefbek
3/29/2009, 08:12 PM
It did, but was 101 really being sarcastic? Been lurking awhile here, just wondering if I totally missed it.

Can't speak for 101. BTW we need a :capel: icon

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2009, 08:13 PM
Good call, Mr. Sarcasm! We definitely couldn't compete today. 0-15 start from 3 won't get it done. No show guards stunk it up again. Great year, Blake! Thanks for all the amazing highlights! As always, another bad ending to a great year!

Bah. Ending as a solid elite eight team is not a bad ending. Of the 64 best teams in the country, 63 of them will lose their last game, so their are plenty of bad endings to go around. I was more disappointed we didn't get a conference regular season or tournament title.

8timechamps
3/29/2009, 08:18 PM
Bah. Ending as a solid elite eight team is not a bad ending. Of the 64 best teams in the country, 63 of them will lose their last game, so their are plenty of bad endings to go around. I was more disappointed we didn't get a conference regular season or tournament title.

We lost to a very talented, and deep team that fills it's roster with all-americans and future NBA players. They were the better team, and I only hope they go on to win it all.

All that said, it still doesn't make me feel much better. At least we had the best player on the floor.

yermom
3/29/2009, 08:33 PM
we lost to bricks from the line and behind the arc

we had enough talent to win, IMO. i think it was mental

from what i saw today, my money is on the Fightin' Izzos

101sooner
3/29/2009, 09:46 PM
Well I tried as hard as I could.

Great season!!!!!!!

BoulderSooner79
3/29/2009, 11:46 PM
we lost to bricks from the line and behind the arc

we had enough talent to win, IMO. i think it was mental

from what i saw today, my money is on the Fightin' Izzos

I feared we would do poorly behind the arc. It's a big change from shooting over a 2-3 zone that basically is betting you'll miss vs. a team that gets in your face and tries to make you miss. And we're only average from 3 anyway.

Sure, we could win against anyone. But I don't think there are any teams
left we could beat 50% of the time or more. It would have taken some
kind of sooner magic.

Here's a thought - what if Scotty Reynolds had stuck to his commitment
to OU? I think a guard like that was the biggest missing piece to make
us a true #1 seed and threat to take it all. But I still think a true #2 seed
and making the elite 8 was a great accomplishment. We need to do
whatever it takes to keep Capel.

badger
3/30/2009, 08:49 AM
The basketball gods frowned greatly upon this thread. If any of you start one for the wimmen's team, you can expect greater wrath from the basketball gods than before.

;)

picasso
3/30/2009, 06:00 PM

wow, good call. who would have thought a deeper, much more talented team could spank OU if they didn't play with the fire that they had against those whussies from Syracuse.

nice jorb.

picasso
3/30/2009, 06:01 PM
ah, my bad.:D

I knew we were finished when nobody really wanted to shoot or attack the basket.

Jacie
3/30/2009, 09:07 PM
Did anyone mention that OUr floor leader was still playing with a bad back limiting his mobility? Johnson finished the season playing at half speed.

I realize the final score of OU/UNC was closer than it could have been because the baby blues were able to let up for the final 5 minutes, but statistically the Sooners were just one-player-who-did-not-score-in-double-figures from making a game of it.