badger
3/27/2009, 08:31 PM
Tony Crocker spek for the hizousssse! :D:D

BoonesFarmSooner
3/27/2009, 08:50 PM
Crocka-azz Crocka

Curly Bill
3/27/2009, 10:03 PM
I think maybe he got pi$$ed about us talking bad about his shooting, decided to show us what was up. ;)

the_ouskull
3/27/2009, 10:56 PM
We were talking badly about his shooting because he was shooting like sh*t. Tonight he didn't. However, Crocker's biggest knock has been his inconsistency. Hopefully he's on about a four-game upswing... He's going to have to have another good, albeit not great, game offensively, and an even better game defensively for us to beat UNC.

the_ouskull

stoops the eternal pimp
3/27/2009, 10:59 PM
just don't let anybody start a thread calling out all the people who dissed crocker...when they did it for AJ, he went into a hole

StoopTroup
3/27/2009, 11:44 PM
Eat it Crockahaters. :D

Eielson
3/27/2009, 11:52 PM
Did Crocker happen to have been guarding Devendorf?

Eielson
3/28/2009, 12:54 AM
Did Crocker happen to have been guarding Devendorf?

Nope. Crocker guarded Rautins and Harris. Still a good job. Warren guarded Devendorf.

sooner59
3/28/2009, 12:59 AM
I haven't been this excited about Crocker since that Baylor game when he had the 4 point play that basically won the game. I am proud of the guy and glad for him getting a career night on this big stage. He really stepped up for us tonight. For Tony, tonight was magical. Good for him....and good for us.

Wescoe24
3/28/2009, 01:40 AM
SWEET!! Way to go, TC!! That was FUN! Now, just do it again Sunday.

Readyfor8
3/28/2009, 02:18 AM
I think maybe he got pi$$ed about us talking bad about his shooting, decided to show us what was up. ;)

Next up, HORSE with the Bill of Curly.

Boomer.....
3/28/2009, 08:26 AM
...and totally redeem yourself!

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Oklahoma+v+Kansas+2IyAvoxKS11l.jpg

the_ouskull
3/28/2009, 09:04 AM
I hate to be the resident doomcrier guys, but, after 'Cuse called their timeout when we extended it to 27, Crocker became quite mortal again, going only 1-5 from the field, and 1-3 from the line. In fact, the whole team lost their intensity after that point, allowing 'Cuse to hit a 10-2 run after that timeout. We were a three point shot away from leading by 30 with 14:05 to go in that game, and we won by 13.

I'll take ANY win, but it's not like we shot really well in the second half of the second half... let's not start saying we're going to dominate UNC or anything like that. This team's toughest opponent is still the next one, immediately followed by itself.

And, if any of you work dispatch and want to put out an A.P.B. on our bench, I'd be rather okay with that... Weren't Patillo and Davis good at some point?

the_ouskull

theresonly1OU
3/28/2009, 09:49 AM
I hate to be the resident doomcrier guys, but, after 'Cuse called their timeout when we extended it to 27, Crocker became quite mortal again, going only 1-5 from the field, and 1-3 from the line. In fact, the whole team lost their intensity after that point, allowing 'Cuse to hit a 10-2 run after that timeout. We were a three point shot away from leading by 30 with 14:05 to go in that game, and we won by 13.

I'll take ANY win, but it's not like we shot really well in the second half of the second half... let's not start saying we're going to dominate UNC or anything like that. This team's toughest opponent is still the next one, immediately followed by itself.

And, if any of you work dispatch and want to put out an A.P.B. on our bench, I'd be rather okay with that... Weren't Patillo and Davis good at some point?

the_ouskull

I guess he should have been PERFECT from behind the arc for you to be impressed.

Jesus.

Harry Beanbag
3/28/2009, 10:05 AM

the_ouskull

We flooded the bench and they finally started hitting threes. You shouldn't read so much into it.

IronHorseSooner
3/28/2009, 10:10 AM
Even all of the SU fans who I spoke to after the game said that this game wasn't even as close as the 13 point final deficit. Bottom line, if Crock or one of the guards are on again, we can beat anybody, to include UNC. If not, we get ran out of the gym- simple as that.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/28/2009, 01:40 PM

the_ouskull
If you can't see and celebrate what Tony Crocker accomplished last night you are a negative nancy. Tony hasn't been able to buy a bucket as of late. His shooting was so bad it was effecting the morale of the team.

And, as for the late run by 'Cuse, let 'em have it. We were running down clock while saving energy for our next game. Plus, your shooting usually gets worse toward the end of the game, your arms and legs are exhausted, leading to your shooting form being not so great.

the_ouskull
3/28/2009, 02:46 PM
I'm not diminishing, in any way, the game that Crocker had last night. It was one of the best offensive AND defensive games I've seen an OU guard have in my time on this bandwagon...

...but I don't like seeing us go up big, and then start to lose it. I know when we brought in the bench, and I know that 'Cuse started shooting a bit better, and all of that... It's still not something that bodes well. We should be able to take, and leave, Blake out of a 25+ point game and know that he's going to stay out because we're going to stop taking the first shot we see and start running a patient offense that eats up clock...

I still think that, on the whole, our guards aren't playing terribly smart basketball, and I want to see them play well. Syracuse was a team that we were able to out-athlete, even when we weren't playing smart ball. UNC won't be that team... It's just that, it gets harder every round, and if they're not ALL stepping up their game the way Crocker did last night, it'll be a long-*ssed night...

the_ouskull