PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody hear Jay Bilas say

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2009, 09:24 PM
Leo Lyons was the most talented big man in the big 12?...that was hilarious

KC//CRIMSON
3/26/2009, 09:31 PM
I missed that, but this game is awesome. Both teams are playing lights out.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2009, 09:36 PM
yeah Missouri on a nice run...Calipari may not be on the bench when this one finishes...

KC//CRIMSON
3/26/2009, 09:40 PM
Memphis looks gassed and Missouri is playing out of their mind.

Heh, nice three point bank shot.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2009, 09:42 PM
What a shot!

KC//CRIMSON
3/26/2009, 09:42 PM
YOU GOTTA BE *HITTING ME!

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2009, 09:43 PM
with somebody in his face..WOW!

Sooner98
3/26/2009, 09:43 PM
:eek:

KC//CRIMSON
3/26/2009, 09:45 PM
That's a real bad omen for Memphis.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/26/2009, 09:46 PM
no kidding.....If they made FTs, they'd be up 17 or 18

Eielson
3/26/2009, 10:11 PM
I thought that Missouri could win this game, I didn't think they would dominate Memphis like they have this far.

Collier11
3/26/2009, 10:31 PM
actually to correct you STEP, he said that Leo Lyons is the most skilled offensive big man in the conference...while I still dont agree with it, that is a big diff than the best big man in the conf :)

theresonly1OU
3/26/2009, 11:14 PM
actually to correct you STEP, he said that Leo Lyons is the most skilled offensive big man in the conference...while I still dont agree with it, that is a big diff than the best big man in the conf :)

You're right, that makes it worse.

Any 6 year old with access to the internet can compare the ****ing stats on these two and come to the correct conclusion that Griffin's numbers make Lyons look like a JV player, yet a guy who GETS PAID TO TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL can't be bothered to research something like this before he opens his mouth?

And people wonder why CBS Sports isn't taken seriously. Jesus.

Collier11
3/26/2009, 11:21 PM
You make even less sense than Bilas there, ones overall skill level offensively and ones ability to score have little to do with each other.

Having said that, its clear that Leo Lyons is nothing more than a more highly recruited and more developed Longar Longar who can shoot the 3

SCOUT
3/26/2009, 11:28 PM
All professional broadcast companies > ESPN

I think this broadcast has been pretty good. Sure there are a few comments that I take issue with. The difference is that it is a comment vs. a campaign.

theresonly1OU
3/26/2009, 11:38 PM
You make even less sense than Bilas there, ones overall skill level offensively and ones ability to score have little to do with each other.

Having said that, its clear that Leo Lyons is nothing more than a more highly recruited and more developed Longar Longar who can shoot the 3

Man, if only there was a way for us to definitively tell who has a better offensive skill set. Like a numbering system we could attribute to a player each time they put the ball in a hoop that could once and for all tell who was better on offense.

That would make things SO much easier.

SCOUT
3/26/2009, 11:41 PM
Man, if only there was a way for us to definitively tell who has a better offensive skill set. Like a numbering system we could attribute to a player each time they put the ball in a hoop that could once and for all tell who was better on offense.

That would make things SO much easier.

Maybe you could use minutes played... How about shots taken?

Collier11
3/26/2009, 11:44 PM
if you would stop and think about what bilas was saying instead of being so defensive of Blake who really doesnt need to be defended, he IS afterall the best player in the nation, you would see this...

I assume what he was referring to was that Leo can put the ball on the deck, shoot the 3, post up if he needs to although he isnt great at it, shoot the 18 foot jumper, the 15 foot jumper, has a great spin move, up and under move, etc...

theresonly1OU
3/27/2009, 12:13 AM
if you would stop and think about what bilas was saying instead of being so defensive of Blake who really doesnt need to be defended, he IS afterall the best player in the nation, you would see this...

I assume what he was referring to was that Leo can put the ball on the deck, shoot the 3, post up if he needs to although he isnt great at it, shoot the 18 foot jumper, the 15 foot jumper, has a great spin move, up and under move, etc...

I understand your point; my point is that Bilas made an ignorant statement that has no root in fact, given that the player he mentioned plays in the same conference as Blake Griffin.

And I wouldn't say I was being defensive of Blake as much as I was being defensive of truth and facts.

But you're welcome to your interpretation.

Collier11
3/27/2009, 12:23 AM
I never said Bilas was right, I was just pointing out that some of you were misinterpreting his initial statement ;)

8timechamps
3/27/2009, 01:51 AM
I heard Bilas make that comment. All that told me was Bilas pays no attention to the Big XII, other than KU. I think it's that way a lot with the commentators. If he would have taken a second, and allowed his other brain cell to kick in, he probably would have rephrased it.