PDA

View Full Version : Justin Chaisson arrested......

Salt City Sooner
3/26/2009, 09:08 PM
LAS VEGAS, Nevada -- Justin Chaisson, a defensive end who recently signed to play for the University of Oklahoma, was arrested in Las Vegas March 24 for assaulting his 15-year-old girlfriend by holding her with a screw driver to her neck and making threats toward her.

According to police, Chaisson went to his girlfriend's school to talk to her, which resulted in an argument witnessed by the school administrator.

After the dispute, the school official made sure the girl was okay. The 15-year-old then left the school with Chaisson following behind her, stopping at a nearby shopping district.

She then got into Chaisson's vehicle, and the two drove to another intersection in Las Vegas.

The girl then escaped from Chaisson's vehicle. The two got into another argument and Chaisson grabbed the girl buy her jaw and put a screwdriver to her neck. He also made threats to the 15-year-old.

A friend who had been following the two attempted to rescue the girl, but Chaisson was able to grab his girlfriend again, forcing her into his car.

Chaisson and the 15-year-old girl travelled to a residential neighborhood, where he let the girl out of his car. She immediately called police and a warrant was issued on March 23.

Chaisson was arrested the following day and was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, coercion with a deadly weapon, coercion-force, false imprisonment, and three counts of battery.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=10079587

batonrougesooner
3/26/2009, 09:10 PM
His actions are disturbing no doubt but so is the fact he has a 15 y/o girlfriend. Surely he's not 18 yet.:eek:

fadada1
3/26/2009, 09:12 PM
seriously???

dumbass.

OU-HSV
3/26/2009, 09:28 PM
Wow, there's nothing good about any of that except that the gal got away. WTF was he thinking...and dating a 15 year old?? Geeze. Bet Stoops pulls him off the list now.

Collier11
3/26/2009, 10:36 PM
If, and let me emphasize IF she is telling the truth then pull his scholly. All of us need to chill until we hear the whole story and see if her story changes

SoonerKnight
3/26/2009, 11:15 PM
2 Witnesses!!! He is toast!!!!

ouwasp
3/26/2009, 11:28 PM
I have a 15 yr old daughter. The idea of some retard holding a screwdriver to her neck would make me want to put a .38 hole in his brain.

We'll see how this shakes out.

OUbasketball4life
3/26/2009, 11:32 PM
Hmmm football star with a 15 year old girlfriend? Dude you're "headed" (or was headed) to OU...did you not see any of the women here on your college visit. Surely a 15 year old girl is not worth putting a srew driver to her neck.

Rhino
3/26/2009, 11:40 PM
Unbelievable.

Jock Ewing
3/26/2009, 11:51 PM
Stoops will handle this internally

nativesooner
3/27/2009, 12:00 AM
Sad deal! Glad the girl is ok. Perhaps he can go to OSU?

OU_Sooners75
3/27/2009, 12:25 AM
Well, rumors have it, from Crux...who lives in LV....that the girl is older than 15, that she is his age.

I will say this much...

Let the guy have his day in court. If he is guilty, we will have a free scholly open. If he is found innocent or if all this is a break up blown out of proportion, then allow him to come on in and move on in his life.

I do not know for sure, but I think this may be a break up blown out of proportion.

OU_Sooners75
3/27/2009, 12:28 AM
2 Witnesses!!! He is toast!!!!

Two of her close friends as witnesses.....yeah...I think I can smell fabrication!

However, at the same time, it may be true.

1. He is about to leave to go to Norman.
2. He wants to break up with her.
3. What makes it unbelievable that she is upset about a break up and is making up a bunch of lies?

If it is true...he is off to a Nevada Prison, not Norman!

yermom
3/27/2009, 12:50 AM
smells like Jarboe.

if he does make it to Norman he'd be on thin ice

hopefully it's some kind of misunderstanding, but man that sounds bad

is it that hard not to freak out a few months before you are going to have a chance of a lifetime?

boomermagic
3/27/2009, 08:32 AM

He should never be allowed to come to OU after what happened..

soonerfan28
3/27/2009, 08:42 AM
I have to agree with the above who have stated that we need to see how it plays out in the court system because I guarantee that's what Bob is doing. If he had a history of things like this then I might be able to see jumping to conclusions, but he doesn't so we need to wait and see what happens before passing judgement.

KingDavid
3/27/2009, 09:42 AM
Surely a 15 year old girl is not worth putting a screw driver to her neck.

:(

(What age girl would be worth putting a screw driver to her neck?)

KingDavid
3/27/2009, 09:44 AM
Well, that just sucks for everyone. What a shame.

Better to have this hit the headlines now than in six months, though.

Unless this turns out to be an elaborate scheme orchestrated by two very conniving girls, then there's just no way in the world he ever plays a down for OU. I'll put the odds at 1:1,000. Any takers?

TheUnnamedSooner
3/27/2009, 10:04 AM
How old was the girl? I don't think they made that clear in the article.

Collier11
3/27/2009, 10:12 AM
It has been stated that she was 15 but I have also heard that she was his age, who knows?

soonerboy_odanorth
3/27/2009, 10:19 AM
This mornings Oklahoman states that she is 17, not 15 and has other details not mentioned above. Apparently they broke up sometime last month.

Note to the kiddies out there: 'Roids ain't no good for yer brain.... they make ya do CRAAAAAZZZZY stuff! Woo-woo!

Buh-bye thug. Buh-bye. (I hear USC may be a great place for you.)

Hotrod3157
3/27/2009, 10:22 AM
Bad news for a player who looked like he had some real potential. Time to wait and see what comes out and if its all true then he should never be allowed to play a down at OU.

Crucifax Autumn
3/27/2009, 10:29 AM
The only reason I'm witholding judgment is that I've lived here all these years and I've never heard even a whisper of him being any kinda crazy thug or anything and the fact that there is already one exposed flaw in the original report.

soonerboy_odanorth
3/27/2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I know... over the top. But I cringe every time this happens... I don't ever want to go back to the days of orange jump suits on the cover of SI... unless of course it happens to USC or Texas. Heh!

One thing for sure, boy needs to get straightened out. Could be the truth is somewhere in the middle of 'he's completely innocent' and 'guilty as sin of all charges'. But I don't think DA's make a habit of chucking first-time offender felony charges at a kid unless they've got a good reason. And even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, I am really not fond of even the misdemeanor 'star athlete domestic abuser'.

I truly don't want those types on the team.

JLEW1818
3/27/2009, 11:51 AM
I heard he held it to Colts head??????

Colt and Jordan were on a date in the Vegas area. ....

rainiersooner
3/27/2009, 12:30 PM
But I don't think DA's make a habit of chucking first-time offender felony charges at a kid unless they've got a good reason.

I would point you to Mike Nifong, the recently disbarred DA who sought felony charges against the Duke lacrosse team. DA is an elected position - elections require publicity. So I believe that DAs across the country consistently make a habit out of pursuing high-profile cases. Most DAs do so ethically; some do not. Let the kid have his day in court before we throw him under the bus.

SoonersEnFuego
3/27/2009, 12:34 PM
Was is a flathead or a phillips?

C&CDean
3/27/2009, 12:45 PM
This is a perfect example of why we should ban screwdrivers. I mean seriously, who really needs a bunch of screwdrivers?

rainiersooner
3/27/2009, 12:52 PM
This is a perfect example of why we should ban screwdrivers. I mean seriously, who really needs a bunch of screwdrivers?

Oh, I don't know. Ten in the morning, nursing a hangover, sitting poolside...a bunch of screw drivers sounds just fine to me!

swardboy
3/27/2009, 12:54 PM
But I really don't understand why anyone would need an "assault" screwdriver. A simple screwdriver will do the job.....

Rhino
3/27/2009, 12:59 PM
At least he has a nickname should he ever see the football field.

goingoneight
3/27/2009, 02:06 PM
So is this report bogus or what?

SouthFortySooner
3/27/2009, 02:49 PM
How old was the girl? I don't think they made that clear in the article.

We'll have to wait for the rap vid. :mad:

bri
3/27/2009, 02:59 PM

IF YOU BAN SCREWDRIVERS, THEN ONLY INCOMING FRESHMEN WILL HAVE SCREWDRIVERS!!

Lott's Bandana
3/27/2009, 03:15 PM
Let's just limit the number of screws allowed.

TMcGee86
3/27/2009, 03:49 PM
If we ban screwdrivers now, the terrorists have won.

bri
3/27/2009, 03:55 PM
They can have my screwdriver when they pry it from my COLD DEAD HANDS.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/27/2009, 03:56 PM
My take on this is that she is actually a cyborg that he built that was becoming self aware and was this close to start whacking humans.

He started the project 15 years ago. The screw driver was used to make the appropriate adjustments to her emoticon chip. Luckily he is a massive defensive lineman, otherwise she would be running rampant looking for Sarah Connor.

soonerboy_odanorth
3/27/2009, 04:06 PM

I've thought for years screwdrivers should be baned... You should have smelled the stench in our freshman dorm when one of the guys got sick on 'em one night.

soonerfanlv
3/27/2009, 05:51 PM
Link from the Las Vegas Review Journal today.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/41964637.html

BoulderSooner79
3/27/2009, 06:59 PM
After reading the report, I'm betting all felony charges will be plea bargained to misdemeanor or dropped and he'll end up on probation. I have no prediction on what happens to his scholly.

soonerfanlv
3/27/2009, 07:16 PM
Vastly different reports on what occured too.

sooneron
3/27/2009, 08:56 PM

I think that's :mack: s MO

Crucifax Autumn
3/27/2009, 09:22 PM
That's what I said...Locally the story was a little different.

We'll have to wait and see...

Jdog
3/27/2009, 09:33 PM
Wow, there's nothing good about any of that except that the gal got away. WTF was he thinking...and dating a 15 year old?? Geeze. Bet Stoops pulls him off the list now.

Do 18 year olds think? I thought they all ran on automatic.

If it's true it's disturbing - Stoops needs to Pull his scholly - if it's true

soonerfan28
3/27/2009, 09:38 PM
I bet they're loving this over on the aggie and horn boards. I'm sure they'll call it roid rage.

Jdog
3/27/2009, 09:52 PM
I bet they're loving this over on the aggie and horn boards. I'm sure they'll call it roid rage.

thats what we would call it if we were the anti fan - sad thing is, it could be the case.

There are just too many things that are just wrong with this story --If the kid threated to kill the girl, it's way over the line of just being sick. 15 year old? i know his grand dad owned a car dealership - but a Denali - has be a concern to Stoops?

fadada1
3/27/2009, 10:33 PM
focus here, people.

screwdrivers???? apparently they are unsafe. seriously, has anyone ever tried a flathead screwdriver on a phillips-head screw????

OPSEC
3/27/2009, 11:13 PM
just quickly reading this, but how does a self respecting journalist, wait a journalist, get 15 yr old confused w/ whatever age she might actually be? Whatever happened to...no I will stop there.

Honestly, is she prego? Might have something to do with it.

Crucifax Autumn
3/27/2009, 11:25 PM
She's 17...Period.

The only real witnesses are her friends.

The kid goes to a Catholic school and hasn't had any problems before.

Said school is always under the microscope because they usually kick everyone's ***, so I kinda doubt the roids.

All that said, I'm still waiting to see hwat happens and waiting to hear more from some of the people close to the school who come in my job. They've always been pretty dead on when it comes to the character of those kids from that school including Murray and Reynolds.

If he did it...let him go to Sam Houston or someplace.

VA Sooner
3/28/2009, 12:24 AM
By the way... how did Bomar do in the Combine?

8timechamps
3/28/2009, 02:16 AM
Was it cordless? Because that could be a complete mixup by the police.

Maybe he should've used a comb...or better yet, one of those black hair picks with the fist on the end.

Leroy Lizard
3/28/2009, 02:28 AM
I find it not strange at all that an 18-year-old would date a 15-year-old. Sure, he would take a little ribbing from his friends, but a 15-year-old isn't that young to an 18-year-old. Don't you guys remember what it was like to be in high school?

It turns out she was 17.

Seamus
3/28/2009, 05:25 AM
My take on this is that she is actually a cyborg that he built that was becoming self aware and was this close to start whacking humans.

He started the project 15 years ago. The screw driver was used to make the appropriate adjustments to her emoticon chip. Luckily he is a massive defensive lineman, otherwise she would be running rampant looking for Sarah Connor.

Nice.

And you posted that in a really great way :D

You get spek because you made me think of Summer Glau. And Summer Glau = Turgid Time:

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Summer-Glau-ff02.jpg

Jello Biafra
3/28/2009, 08:50 AM
seriously...things WILL come out. whitey is on OUs staff and has a history with the school. if he trusts the kid and knows he hasn't been in trouble before, he'll be on the team...

i also would think since he hasn't been away from the school in vegas that long and if the girl is actually 17, he more than likely knows her too...

no matter what, i trust our staff will have the inside info on this one...

MojoRisen
3/28/2009, 08:58 AM
Dude needs some anger management training. This isn't the end of the world but does anyone else think that these charges are way blown out of proportion??? Or is it just me...

He might as well have robbed a bank with an UZZI for the time he is looking at...

auto
3/28/2009, 01:00 PM
I find it not strange at all that an 18-year-old would date a 15-year-old. Sure, he would take a little ribbing from his friends, but a 15-year-old isn't that young to an 18-year-old. Don't you guys remember what it was like to be in high school?

Exactly. When I was in high school, everyone dated younger/older it just did not matter. I was dating a sophmore in high school 15 when i was a graduating senior 18, no one thought it was a problem.

OhU1
3/28/2009, 01:53 PM
Sounds like the actions of a Lawrence Phillips. If the allegations are true I don't want this guy whether the charges get pled down or not. Our program will always be bigger than any player or prospect.

A-M
3/28/2009, 04:00 PM
Since the Dad said on the day of this incident, he was to start "Anger Management" the very next day, it sounds like to me that there has been a problem with his anger before this happened. Makes me think that we will find out that the story is true.

soonerfan28
3/28/2009, 04:11 PM
But did his dad tell the reporter that or was that from somebody else. I also say if thats true that maybe he was saying that he would get him into anger managment the next day if they wouldn't file charges. I don't think it had anything to do with previous events.

Crucifax Autumn
3/28/2009, 05:11 PM
Not to mention that when something like this goes down it's pretty much a perfect thing to do...just go ahead and sign up and then let the defense do the usual thing of showing all the inconsistencies in the case and all that followed up by the "he is currently taking anger management classes" to deal with the real thing that happened "which ladies and gentlemen of the jury is he yelled at her for stalking him and that just wasn't nice and he's ashamed of it and doesn't want to be the kinda guy that yells at girls" and blah-blah.

NYC Poke
3/28/2009, 05:29 PM

They're great for hangovers.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/28/2009, 06:13 PM
I know they caused a few of mine

Desert Sapper
3/28/2009, 11:24 PM
I wonder if his little brother in the backseat was an 'accomplice' or felt like he was in danger of being stabbed in the neck with a screwdriver, too. No matter how you look at it, this story is both disturbing and fishy. I'd like to think its not true, but...I'm not holding my breath...

Breadburner
3/29/2009, 12:27 AM
I heard it was a torx...

Deceks7
3/29/2009, 09:43 AM
How many would be so flippant if it were your own daughter involved? Doesn't matter if she was 15 or 17 or started dating someone else. Taking someone by force and putting them in that position has no defense. Not a joking matter.

Guess I just can't identify with the perp....

soonerfan28
3/29/2009, 09:57 AM
I honestly can't believe how much crap this guy is catching from people who were probably praising him 2 months ago. Lets be clear. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVEN! I have a daughter and if I had first hand info if something like this happened to her then I would be irate, but nobody on here has that info so people should wait until things play out and then decide to pass judgment.

MojoRisen
3/29/2009, 12:28 PM
I am pretty typical defense guy when Charges are way over the top as is the case here I believe.

I frankly would be more pissed if he had beaten the girl, instead of letting her go in her neighborhood after a forced conversation.

BAD Judgement & he needs to be punished but not the end of the world for the kid getting ready to move and leave a girl he thinks he loves.

Intimidation, compared to kidnapping and threat of death with a deadly weapon when the 2 have a history together is not the right charge for what happened.

Make no mistake about it, the right thing is probation for the kid and anger management... not prison.

And I will add, what good does it do the tax payer and society to throw the book at this kid with trumped up felony charges- when he has not been in trouble in the past and is a good student with a bright future??? Please tell me I am wrong on this- I would like your point of view? 9 times out of 10 this stuff would not even get reported if you asked me.... but I do not know the whole story- I believe she was not physically harmed and Justin needs to learn that woman don't stand for that kind of shiate at all... and they are not worth it...

Jason White's Third Knee
3/30/2009, 09:16 AM
Steroids? Oh, please. Are we to believe that rage didn't exist before steroids?

#1 - Let's find out what happened.
#2 - Let's find out if he was ever on steroids.
#3 - Let's find out if he had anger problems.

I have known many people on steroids and they are only raging *******s on steroids IF they were raging *******s OFF steroids.

Face it, steroids are not the villain. The offender is. Hell, look at Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds. We KNOW that they were on steroids. The only effect that I could see was better athletic performance.

So, in short, steroids are good for you.

A-M
3/30/2009, 02:35 PM
How many would be so flippant if it were your own daughter involved? Doesn't matter if she was 15 or 17 or started dating someone else. Taking someone by force and putting them in that position has no defense. Not a joking matter.

Guess I just can't identify with the perp....

I agree with you on this. They don't arrest a person for a minor thing. But when it comes to DV they take it serious. If you don't think being held against your will and told he would kill you is not a BIG problem, you need to get some help! Law enforcement will tell you that this situtation is how killing your mate gets started by a person who has a little problem with their temper. You don't have to be beated up to be abused, screwdriver or gun, it doesn't matter, you fear for your life.

Desert Sapper
3/30/2009, 05:21 PM
I have three daughters, and wouldn't want anyone forcing them to do anything against their will, especially not somebody that's over 6 feet tall and 250 pounds and bearing a screwdriver as a weapon. However, I am an American, and I believe above all else in INNOCENCE before PROVEN GUILTY. Newspapers have no burden of proof, no need for credibility of witnesses, and no requirement to disclose their sources. Even if the kid is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, it's a little premature to judge based on newspaper reports that couldn't even get the age of the victim right for the first print.