PDA

View Full Version : Is CBS/ESPN working on a piece about

soonerfan28
3/26/2009, 12:29 PM
the Griffins or anybody else on the Sooners roster that would air during the tourney? I may have missed it if they have, so let me know. They usually have those feel good stories that air during the tourney. Just curious.

badger
3/26/2009, 12:34 PM
the Griffins or anybody else on the Sooners roster that would air during the tourney? I may have missed it if they have, so let me know. They usually have those feel good stories that air during the tourney. Just curious.

If they did, methinks they'd have it on the day of the OU game. In the meantime, here is what they're saying about the game now.

CBS' game preview. (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/edge/south/OK/SYR)

ESPN's take on the Griffin family (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney09/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=4011288)

soonerfan28
3/26/2009, 12:41 PM
Badger the links you provided were very helpful. I also wanted to say that on the cbs link the biggest thing that stood out to me in team comparison is the fact that we are a better 3-point shooting team then Cuse.

8timechamps
3/26/2009, 04:26 PM
Badger the links you provided were very helpful. I also wanted to say that on the cbs link the biggest thing that stood out to me in team comparison is the fact that we are a better 3-point shooting team then Cuse.

That was a bit surprising, but the numbers are very close:

Sooners: 35.6%
Orange: 34.6%

badger
3/26/2009, 04:36 PM
Ok, but get this - we have a higher shooting percentage in free throws, field goals AND three pointers, but they slightly average more points than us per game.

The likely reason - they take a sheetload of shots.

The key to this next game? REBOUNDING! (which they slightly lead us in) We need to prevent them from getting more shot opportunities!

8timechamps
3/26/2009, 04:40 PM
Eric Devendorf will put it up from anywhere, without a conscious. I've seen him start off 0 for 5, and keep on shooting.

That could either be the key to a victory for Syracuse, or a key to a loss.

I really think Syracuse is going after Blake early and often (no big surprise). A lot like Michigan did, just with better athletes.