PDA

View Full Version : This political thing should be real simple

MamaMia
3/25/2009, 03:34 PM
We need 3 things:

1) Two 4 year term limits for Federal Congressional members in a life time

2) Stop giving healthy people who can work free money and services

3) Only allow people who actually pay taxes, and the physically disabled, vote.

XingTheRubicon
3/25/2009, 04:10 PM
In.

OUHOMER
3/25/2009, 04:59 PM
sounds to simple... But I like it

MamaMia
3/25/2009, 05:27 PM
In the end, everything else would eventually work itself out.

1890MilesToNorman
3/25/2009, 05:46 PM
Scrap the tax code! 67,000 pages of give backs to those who kiss up to the latest fad is not a tax code!!!

1890MilesToNorman
3/25/2009, 05:48 PM
Oh wait, apparently it is.

Rogue
3/25/2009, 07:24 PM
Again, what's got you all stirred up today?

crimsonrules
3/25/2009, 08:41 PM
We need 3 things:

2 and 3 will be dismissed as being racist and uncompassionate.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/26/2009, 09:45 AM
We need 3 things:

But representatives and senators serve two and six year terms respectively, Mama. Are you suggesting we change both to four year terms?

The beauty of it to me is that we can find a champion that represents our local/state interests and as long as he's willing, and as long as We The People see fit to return him to office, we can have him represent us. Jim Inhofe is my prime example. I WANT Uncle Jim looking out for Oklahoma (and Tulsa!) on the Hill. For as long as he's willing. He's experienced, knowledgable, and kicks ***.

Term limits would remove our greatest voice.

MamaMia
3/26/2009, 12:52 PM
But representatives and senators serve two and six year terms respectively, Mama. Are you suggesting we change both to four year terms?

The beauty of it to me is that we can find a champion that represents our local/state interests and as long as he's willing, and as long as We The People see fit to return him to office, we can have him represent us. Jim Inhofe is my prime example. I WANT Uncle Jim looking out for Oklahoma (and Tulsa!) on the Hill. For as long as he's willing. He's experienced, knowledgable, and kicks ***.

Term limits would remove our greatest voice. I admire and respect Jim more than any politician I've ever met, and probably ever will meet. I consider him a friend. He took a day out of his busy schedule to fly all the way to S.E. Oklahoma to endorse me when I was running on the republican ticket against the Oklahoma Speaker of the House. This was in a district that had 96% Democrats. That was bravery right there. :D

I still believe that term limits would do more good than harm. I think that both the Congressional members and House members should hold their seats for 2 four year terms. Less favor wanting money going into campaigns and not as many promises to keep with our tax dollars. I also feel as though the House and Senate campaigns should be held separately, giving people more time to do their homework and less time for small interests groups to pair politicians up for their own purposes. It wouldn't bother me at all to get rid of lobbyists altogether and have the people do their own lobbying. In this day and age of super communication, its not all that hard for the people who represent us to be in touch with what their voters want.

soonerscuba
3/26/2009, 01:45 PM
I think I will join Sic'em in weeping for the Republic.

StoopTroup
3/26/2009, 01:57 PM
We had a pretty wonderful moment in our not so long past where some found it hard to define the word "IS" or "IT"...I can't remember which one it was...

Now your saying you want to define who "Healthy People" are?

Some folks in this Country also see quite a few Healthy People floating around during the day who have lived everyday of their lives off the backs of healthy people. Trust Fund Babies are a perfect example. Some of them get bored and even run for office. Then they decide to put people back to work while off loading jobs out of the Country.

I swear...little blurbs like that seem really good coming off your tongue. Why haven't you ran for Office Mama? I promise I'll vote for you. I want to see you put your plan to work. Matter of fact...I think I heard the same sort of **** for the last 8 years and some guy we elected was busy with other things.

MamaMia
3/26/2009, 02:17 PM
...... Why haven't you ran for Office Mama? I promise I'll vote for you. I want to see you put your plan to work. Matter of fact...I think I heard the same sort of **** for the last 8 years and some guy we elected was busy with other things.
I did run for the Oklahoma House of Representatives, but it was in a district that was 96% democrat. All of the republicans voted for me. I know because they were my friends. The dozen or so of us all had lunch together every week. :D About 80% of the people who voted for me were democrats. The guy I ran against, who was also the Oklahoma Speaker of the House, got on my bad side one day so I researched 2 bills he was trying to get passed, 1 of those bills would have put millions of dollars in his own pocket and then I went after his juggler. He had never even had an opponent. It was no surprise that I lost the election, given the history and party affiliation numbers in that district but I stopped him, his mentor Gene Stipe and all his cronies from beating Oklahoma tax payers out of hundreds of millions by exposing their little plan.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/26/2009, 02:23 PM
You could've summed up your entire post and this thread by simply saying, "Gene Stipe".

Sorry you had to face ANY crony of that crook.

sooneron
3/27/2009, 08:18 AM
What do you have against jugglers?

Jerk
3/27/2009, 08:57 AM
All we have to do is this...

End withholding, just make everyone write a check to the government for the full amount of taxes they owe, due April 15

Make election day April 16