PDA

View Full Version : Game thread: Obama vs. National Television

badger
3/24/2009, 07:06 PM
Annnnnd... kickoff!

Obama takes the early lead by wearing a RED tie, symbolic of his desire to reach across to the red side!

He also got the extra point by wearing a flag lapel pin!

badger
3/24/2009, 07:08 PM
Oh - trick play! The national television tricked us into thinking it was just an address, but they just cut to the press!

So... it is now tied! ;)

1890MilesToNorman
3/24/2009, 07:10 PM
Who's obama? movie time fer me!

badger
3/24/2009, 07:12 PM
:D Good idea. I just wanted to see if the South Oval was asleep or not. I have every intention of turning this thing off. This is totally mockery of the fact that they are televising these nationally when I've hardly ever seen this in my lifetime for other presidents. Sure, there's State of the Union and the election speeches, but a press conference? Hmm...

I have every intention of watching the OU game as soon as it starts tonight... but odds are, there won't be much audience for a game thread on that :rolleyes:

Anyways, carry on. I got my joke in ;)

KC//CRIMSON
3/24/2009, 07:12 PM
So much for a non political Tuesday.....

badger
3/24/2009, 07:14 PM
So much for a non political Tuesday.....

:D shows how much I frequent the SO. if this is in violation of this unwritten law, feel free to lock/delete.

OUHOMER
3/24/2009, 07:20 PM
seems like hard ball questions

olevetonahill
3/24/2009, 07:28 PM
Ill bet the EARS are ahead

swardboy
3/24/2009, 07:40 PM
Regulate - blah blah blah - health care - blah blah blah - alternative energy - blah blah blah - inherited deficit - blah blah blah blah blah...........

StoopTroup
3/24/2009, 08:05 PM
I thought it was kind of a "Fireside Talk" like FDR did...only Barry let people ask him questions.

mikeelikee
3/25/2009, 09:29 PM
Ubiquitous teleprompters give way to a giant TV monitor. Captain Obvious, he is.

theresonly1OU
3/25/2009, 11:04 PM
blah...blah....blah....Carl Marx....bla...

....What's that?

No, I didn't; I said ear marks.

...what did you think I said?

MamaMia
3/25/2009, 11:15 PM
Hes nothing without his Teleprompter. Nuff said.

StoopTroup
3/26/2009, 12:59 AM
Hes nothing without his Teleprompter. Nuff said.

Yeah...Barry just isn't gonna be able to come close to what we've been used to. What a dumbass we elected. :rolleyes:

8EvNJWM_NDg

StoopTroup
3/26/2009, 01:03 AM
y_hKGeNivzI&NR=1

StoopTroup
3/26/2009, 01:09 AM
NqJiCDElWmo&feature=related

SoonerTroll
3/26/2009, 09:00 AM
Why do you think intelligence somehow relates to public speaking ability?? I would argue that most of the best minds on the planet are not great speakers.

And i'm not saying bush is one of the greatest minds on the planet, i just think it's incorrect to try and base intelligence off of public speaking. I mean look at actors and musicians, most are idiots but they have the gift of gab...

King Crimson
3/26/2009, 09:25 AM
it's a hard fall from innocence for the people who somehow failed to notice that American politics is a cheap theatre.....obscured by the fact they were the one's getting their buttons pushed for the last 8 years. now, having seen the artifice, complain that it's new or disingenuous.

StoopTroup
3/26/2009, 01:18 PM
Why do you think intelligence somehow relates to public speaking ability?? I would argue that most of the best minds on the planet are not great speakers.

And i'm not saying bush is one of the greatest minds on the planet, i just think it's incorrect to try and base intelligence off of public speaking. I mean look at actors and musicians, most are idiots but they have the gift of gab...

If you think GWB was one of the Great Minds on the Planet...then I think you've even made my point even stronger...lol

Actor
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_33zMiBW5SuM/R8LluRe789I/AAAAAAAAAss/ZTaX2RsnXHk/s320/ronald-reagan.jpg

Musician
http://www.briansacawa.com/images/clinton.jpg

Peanut Farmer
http://blog.nola.com/times-picayune/large_22carter.JPG

Reformed Alcoholic
http://www.depresident.com/gallery/overflow/George_Bush_Drinking_Maybe_Another_DUI.jpg

The real brains out there keep getting guys elected that will do anything they want once elected and then get the rest of us to argue about their greatness.

SoonerTroll
3/26/2009, 02:31 PM
If you think GWB was one of the Great Minds on the Planet...then I think you've even made my point even stronger...lol

The real brains out there keep getting guys elected that will do anything they want once elected and then get the rest of us to argue about their greatness.

Well thanks for not even reading the post when i clearly stated he was NOT. An a for effort though sport. :confused: and don't use LOL, we are not middle schoolers in an AOL chatroom in the mid-nineties

StoopTroup
3/27/2009, 12:36 AM
Well thanks for not even reading the post when i clearly stated he was NOT. An a for effort though sport. :confused: and don't use LOL, we are not middle schoolers in an AOL chatroom in the mid-nineties

^LOL!

I read it...I just didn't believe it.