PDA

View Full Version : I know it's to early for this, but if

soonerfan28
3/24/2009, 06:14 PM
we get beat by Syracuse does anybody see Blake Griffin coming back next year? I don't see it happening (Cuse beating us), but I just thought that maybe he would like to come back and try to go out better then that. We'll have a really good team next year especially if he came back. With the beating's he has taken, the fact that he'll be the player of the year and a guarantee that he's taken #1 overall then I can't see him coming back. I'll hold out hope though.

jumperstop
3/24/2009, 06:22 PM
i say no because he will no longer be playing with his brother. i felt confident that sam would return and never really thought that he would leave. but i have felt all along that blake would leave at the end of this season. though, we can always hope right?

Frozen Sooner
3/24/2009, 06:32 PM
Well, Blake said a couple of months ago he was leaning towards coming back.

But if I were him I'd be more gonzo than Hunter S. Thompson.

soonerfan28
3/24/2009, 06:45 PM
Blake Griffin
Juan Pattillo
Tony Crocker
Willie Warren
Tommy Mason-Griffin

Looks pretty good to me.

Eielson
3/24/2009, 06:51 PM
Keith Gallon
Juan Pattillo
Tony Crocker
Willie Warren
Tommy Mason-Griffin

Looks pretty good to me.

Fixed.

Salt City Sooner
3/24/2009, 07:29 PM
we get beat by Syracuse does anybody see Blake Griffin coming back next year? I don't see it happening (Cuse beating us), but I just thought that maybe he would like to come back and try to go out better then that. We'll have a really good team next year especially if he came back. With the beating's he has taken, the fact that he'll be the player of the year and a guarantee that he's taken #1 overall then I can't see him coming back. I'll hold out hope though.
You just mentioned one of, if not the biggest reason he won't be back.

soonervegas
3/24/2009, 08:19 PM
Like salt lake said.....I think there was a shot mid year just because I think he really enjoys college, but with the beatings.... neither him, his coach, or parents are going to gamble. He is gone.

oumartin
3/24/2009, 08:32 PM
ha, we could have this starting lineup now.

Willie
Damion James
Scottie reynolds
Blake griffin

That team could win with 4!

Curly Bill
3/24/2009, 08:34 PM
He's the likely #1 pick in the draft -- he'd be insane to come back. College is great, but it ain't that dang great.

soonerfan28
3/24/2009, 08:35 PM

I think thats the biggest reason. If you're gonna take a beatin you might as well get paid a couple mil to do it. Since everybody can pretty much agree that he won't be back then what's our starting five look like. I know Willie will probably play the point at the next level, but I think TMG will be the starter at the point for us next year with Willie at the 2.

Eielson
3/25/2009, 12:21 AM
ha, we could have this starting lineup now.

Willie
Damion James
Scottie reynolds
Blake griffin

That team could win with 4!

If James were here I doubt we would have Blake. I think the way we've treated Taylor is a huge reason Blake didn't go pro last year. Blake probably would have left just to clear a starting spot for Taylor if nothing else.

OU_Sooners75
3/25/2009, 01:58 AM
Fixed.

You are not too bright are you?

So you think Keith Gallon would get the start if Blake came back next year?

OU_Sooners75
3/25/2009, 02:05 AM
I dont know.

If we do not win the championship this year, I have a feeling Blake will return for at least one more year.

He know what talent will be coming back, along with what talent is coming in.

And if we can get Seth Curry to come here, that would load our roster with some pretty good players!

If Blake came back next year it would be...

TMG
Warren
Patillo
Crocker
Griffin

as the most likely starters.

Bench would be Gallon, Allen, Davis...and a few others.
Curry would have to redshirt if he came here....so he would not be here for 09-10.

Anyway...the lineup that we could have with Blake next year would almost guarantee us another 30 win season!

theresonly1OU
3/25/2009, 08:07 AM

Exactly. I heard an interview with Jeff Capel (I think on the KATT) last week where he was asked about Blake, and he pretty much said that, while he would love to be selfish and ask Blake to stay, the repeated beatings he takes down low could one day catch up to him, and that as far has he's concerned he's pretty much proven all he can prove on the collegiate level.

I would say that he's out like corduroy.

soonerfan28
3/25/2009, 08:32 AM
Maybe not quite reaching the Final Four could convince him to stay and go out on a better season, but if not that then maybe that concussion shot will make him not remember he wanted to go to the NBA in the first place.

sooner518
3/25/2009, 09:08 AM
With the beatings Blake takes every night and the fact that he is a lock for a top 3 pick, (almost certainly the number one overall) I would say it would border on irresponsible for Capel or anyone to let Blake stay another year. He has a chance to set himself and his family up with money for the rest of his life. It would be irresponsible to gamble with that for one more year.

my $.02

soonerfan28
3/25/2009, 09:52 AM
Didn't realize Gallon has range. Found this on oklahoma.rivals.com

Gallon's impact
Assuming Blake Griffin goes to the NBA, do you see Keith Gallon coming in for Oklahoma next year and making a big impact and being a top freshman?

-- Drew from St. Louis
-----

Keith Gallon is on track to make an impact at Oklahoma.
I do see "Tiny" making a big impact at Oklahoma. He has had a tremendous year for Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill Academy, and he has his body moving in the right direction. I've always said that Gallon is an NBA talent if he ever gets serious about his game and his conditioning. Well, it looks like Gallon has gotten serious, and it has paid big dividends for him.

If Gallon keeps it up, he will be one of the better offensive interior players in the country. He is a load on the low block and can also stretch the defense with his 3-point shooting. Need help against the press, and Gallon is the perfect big man to help beat pressure. Double team him down low, and he is an excellent passer.

I also expect Andrew Fitzgerald to do great things with the Sooners. Another big body, Fitzgerald gobbles up rebounds and has a great feel for putting the ball in the basket. He will likely share time with Gallon because of defensive concerns. But if OU coach Jeff Capel can figure out a way for them to coexist on the defensive end, they would be a dangerous duo on the offensive end.
Maybe he can help soften the blow if Blake leaves.

ouwapiti
3/25/2009, 11:10 AM
yep, college IS great....but it aint millions of dollars great

A-M
3/25/2009, 05:11 PM
It would be great to have Blake back for another year, but I can't see it happening. The only short fall in his game is his foul shots, but I can't see him coming back a year to improve that. If he were going to get any better in that area, he would have done that by now on his own.

stoopified
3/26/2009, 08:22 AM
yep, college IS great....but it aint millions of dollars greatIt is too,at least if you play football at USC. :D