PDA

View Full Version : Blake is avg 30.5 and 15 in the tourney, but

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 11:25 AM
I can't find any stats for the NCAA tournament anywhere. I was going to see who followed Griffin in scoring and if he was also leading in rebounds. Any help would be grateful.

badger
3/23/2009, 11:41 AM
I do not have a statistical breakdown, but based of the Jay Bilas blog of the top tourney performers so far, I'll just go off of the guys he named...

KU's Cole Aldrich had 20 rebounds yesterday and 13 in the first game... so he's averaging 16.5 if my mathematics hasn't expired yet.

Pitt's Sam Young had 14 and 32 respectively in his first two games... so what is that, 23 on average?

For the record, Blake's main PoY competition, UNC's Tyler Hansborough (sp?) had 22 and 5 in the first game and 15 and 8 in the second game, for averages of 18.5 ppg and 6.5 rpg (if my math is correct).

Of course, Blake already got one PoY award today (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20090323_298_0_LEXING838370) so he's already won, even if he doesn't win the big one(s).

EDIT: I'll continue the search for anyone close to Blake's stats, just to eliminate the potential culprits. It surprises me that ESPN didn't name Blake as a tourney top performer with those stats.

Ty's teammate Wayne Ellington had 23 and 25 in the first two games to average 24 ppg.
Pitt's Blair averaged 14 rpg so far.
UConn's AJ Price is averaging 23.5 ppg.
Dante Cunningham of Nova had 18 and 25 respectively, for an average of 21.5 ppg

Mudskipper
3/23/2009, 11:52 AM
Here's some stats for the tourney.....
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/stats

You can click on each category and get a long list of the leaders......of course some of it is skewed as we see in the scoring list....Woodside of NDSU went off for 37 in their loss to kansas....just one great game put him on the top and it will be next to impossible for anyone to beat that now....

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 11:56 AM
I just looked at the list and Hasheem Thabeet is tied for 20th on the block list. Aldrich is blocking like crazy though. Thanks for the info

E-Town
3/23/2009, 11:57 AM
Will Billy Sims attend any awards ceremonies for Blake Griffin this year? Remember...Sooner or Later we are gonna get ya!

badger
3/23/2009, 11:58 AM
Thank goodness - I would have never found that North Dakota State dude's stats... and odds are nobody's going to get up to averaging 37 ppg :D

Kudos to Ryan Wright, Taylor Griffin, AJ and Blake, who are tied for 44th in blocks during the tourney, averaging one block per game :)

Mudskipper
3/23/2009, 12:19 PM
Thank goodness - I would have never found that North Dakota State dude's stats... and odds are nobody's going to get up to averaging 37 ppg :D

Kudos to Ryan Wright, Taylor Griffin, AJ and Blake, who are tied for 44th in blocks during the tourney, averaging one block per game :)

And no Juan Patillo to be found anywhere on the block list.....man I miss that guy.....

badger
3/23/2009, 12:25 PM
And no Juan Patillo to be found anywhere on the block list.....man I miss that guy.....

Let's be fair - none of the bench players saw any minutes (aside from the closing minutes when the game was in control) in the second half of that Mich game, including Juan. I'm sure if he got his usual minutes in that last game that he'd be tied for 44th along with the others.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 12:32 PM
Will Billy Sims attend any awards ceremonies for Blake Griffin this year? Remember...Sooner or Later we are gonna get ya!

Its not Bar-B-Q, its Boomer Q!!!

Mudskipper
3/23/2009, 12:37 PM
Let's be fair - none of the bench players saw any minutes (aside from the closing minutes when the game was in control) in the second half of that Mich game, including Juan. I'm sure if he got his usual minutes in that last game that he'd be tied for 44th along with the others.

I'm not dogging on the guy....I just miss the player he was for a little while.....seemed like he was everywhere all at once....