PDA

View Full Version : hey Tony Crocker

picasso
3/23/2009, 10:08 AM
if the 3 isn't falling for you early, move in for a mid-range shot or heck even to draw a foul.

also, much props for taking the set shot Buford charges. if the offense isn't working, make up for it on the other end.

let's go now.:)

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 10:10 AM
Didn't Crocker draw a couple of charges late in the game Saturday? I guess you gotta do something until you find that shot again.

badger
3/23/2009, 10:13 AM
Didn't Crocker draw a couple of charges late in the game Saturday?

Yes. I posted the more memorable one on this thread here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130091&page=2). It was at a critical moment in the game where Meat Chicken was trying to get back in the game, but failing uberly.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/23/2009, 10:16 AM
keep up the good work on the defensive end. And if you happen to find the ball in your hand on the offensive end, let the pass be your friend.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 10:19 AM
Great job Tony, if anyone still thinks Crocker is playing bad do some research and see what Coach Capel said about Tony after the game.

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe we should have Crocker at the point. Move Johnson to the two and Willie to the three. They're both shooting better then Crocker at this point.

oumartin
3/23/2009, 10:26 AM
Crocker at the point is hilarious. not the best ball skillz

picasso
3/23/2009, 10:27 AM
there were two different times as I recall that his 3 would have been the nail in the coffin. I still think he's going to find his stroke again.

badger
3/23/2009, 10:31 AM
I still think he's going to find his stroke again.

Only if he gets rid of his long sleeves ;)

oumartin
3/23/2009, 10:34 AM
you guys realize the long sleeves are due to poor circulation

badger
3/23/2009, 10:42 AM
I've heard that before, hence the winky. I dig the sleeves, especially how he color coordinates it with whatever color jersey OU wears (even the cream ones). However, perhaps he should go with darker colors so that his arms don't stand out so much... a more incognito look might lead to less pressure when he has the ball, and thus, more made shots and less turnovers ;)

OUbasketball4life
3/23/2009, 10:46 AM
How many shots did he miss...4? I can live with that as long as he doesn't keep jacking them up. He will eventually find his stroke and he will find it at the time that we need it most. He's playing pretty well on the defense side and that's been one thing that I thought this team has been missing.

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 01:08 PM
hey Tony Crocker

...stop shooting.

You're doing great on the defensive end and that pass you threw to Taylor against Michigan was awesome. We've got scorers...leave the shooting to them.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 01:11 PM
I wouldnt go that far, he has went off for 30 before so obviously he can shoot and score

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 01:21 PM
How many shots did he miss...4?

He's 2-10 in the tourney, 0-6 from 3.

On February 7, against Colorado, he went 7-12 from the field (7-11 from 3-point range). He followed that up with a steady 2-4 (all 3's) against Baylor, but since then he's been:

0-3, 0-2 (Texas Tech)
6-14, 2-6 (@ Texas)
2-4, 1-3 (Kansas)
3-7, 1-3 (@ Texas Tech)
1-5, 0-2 (Missouri)
0-2, 0-2 (OSU)
3-9, 1-5 (OSU, Big XII Tourney)

That's a combined 17-54 (31%) from the field, 5-29 (17%) from 3.

I feel bad for him because there's nothing more frustrating than knowing you can shoot, but not seeing your shots fall. He's still a critical part of our success, it just seems like his role on the team is (or should be) changing.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 01:44 PM
I think Tony did the right thing the other day, he took some shots and they didnt fall so he started being a passer. As long as he is shooting within the game and not forcing, I am fine with him shooting. They will start to fall, hopefully at the right times

JLEW1818
3/23/2009, 02:09 PM
He's do

Sooner04
3/23/2009, 02:10 PM
He's do
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/KingpinPadre/worffrustration.gif

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 02:13 PM

I don't think you understood.

"He's do" means "He's definitely overdue."

ouleaf
3/23/2009, 02:21 PM
Maybe we should have Crocker at the point. Move Johnson to the two and Willie to the three. They're both shooting better then Crocker at this point.

He'd have to get help from some high screens by a post man. He's not quick enough to get by his man on his own. I think this might work if AJ and WW are lighting it up from 3. Let Tony come off a high screen and drive toward the basket and dare Syracuse to leave a hot AJ or WW open on the wing. It would only work though if AJ or WW are hitting their shots, which at this point is not entirely certain to happen.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 02:22 PM
I wish he'd stop thinking about his shot. A couple of times I've seen him get the ball open for three-in a spot he used to hit it pretty consistently-and hesitate instead of pulling the trigger. Unfortunately, I think he has the yips and the more the thinks the harder it'll get to make that shot.

Too bad, because he's a guy who deserves every good thing in the world.

oumartin
3/23/2009, 02:41 PM
he stuck with his committment as well so he kinda gets a pass in my book.

NormanPride
3/23/2009, 02:56 PM
Maybe we should put him in a position where he doesn't have time to think? Have him shoot coming off a screen? Sometimes he's too open, yanno?

Collier11
3/23/2009, 03:00 PM
You may have a good point NP... if I am standing still I hit far fewer shots than if I catch the ball and shoot on the move...just ask my church league counterparts ;)

NormanPride
3/23/2009, 03:03 PM
Well, you know. :) Some players really are like that, though.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 03:04 PM
Definitely! I was making fun of my Church league prowess, not your point :)

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 03:15 PM
he stuck with his committment as well so he kinda gets a pass in my book.

Can you imagine how good we'd be this year with Scottie Reynolds? I know he's been to two straight Final Fours at Nova, but this year he'd be playing for the clear favorites to win it all if he'd've come here.

Sooner04
3/23/2009, 03:17 PM
Can you imagine how good we'd be this year with Scottie Reynolds? I know he's been to two straight Final Fours at Nova, but this year he'd be playing for the clear favorites to win it all if he'd've come here.

soonervegas
3/23/2009, 03:31 PM
This thread has fallen apart.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 03:32 PM

I try to temper that thought by considering that if Scottie Reynolds is here we might not have Willie Warren this year or TMG coming in next year.

But yeah, ceteris paribus it'd be nice to have a guy with his kind of shot loosening up the zone.

KABOOKIE
3/23/2009, 03:55 PM
This thread has fallen apart.

Yeah, I don't know how this goes from talking about basketball to a guy with multiple female sensatory organs and a nice shot.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 04:03 PM
I know he's been to two straight Final Fours at Nova, but this year he'd be playing for the clear favorites to win it all if he'd've come here.

:eek:

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 05:15 PM

Dangit...I knew I should've fact-checked. I mentioned the Scottie Reynolds thing at a wedding this weekend and the guy I was talking to said "Yeah, but he's been to two straight Final Fours." I knew that didn't sound right, but I forgot they were part of Kansas' cake-walk through the 2nd weekend last year.

Apologies...

And in regards to what Froz said...I almost put that caveat. But I think Willie would've still come here. However, if it makes you feel better to think that Willie wouldn't've come here if Scottie was here (and, admittedly, it makes me feel better to think that) I won't get in the way.

the_ouskull
3/24/2009, 04:00 PM
He's do

You have got to be f*cking kidding me.

-----

As for Crocker, read this:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2593926&postcount=14

the_ouskull