PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 hating announcers.

Bosley
3/22/2009, 06:13 PM
So I've never been one of those people that complains about some phantom media bias, but I have noticed in nearly every Big 12 game I've watched that the announcers get freakishly excited when a team playing a big 12 team.

I saw it most noticeably with Texas yesterday, but the Mizzou game is almost embarrassing. I've never heard announcers get so excited about one teams play in my life, when Marquette scores they pop a gasket, when mizzou makes a play there is almost an awkward silence.

Again I've never been one of those people but this is pretty unreal.

Newbomb Turk
3/22/2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know about the other games, but I was thinking how much these guys are Marquette homers while watching this game.

Newbomb Turk
3/22/2009, 06:24 PM
great game BTW.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 06:36 PM
They couldn't just say "Great Win by Mizzou" either...they had to go on about how both teams played really well...

Marquette choked their shot at winning by Mizzou's great back court press at the end. Their guy panicked and stepped in bounds. They lost the ball and the game right there. Marquette's Coach and fans made asses of themselves after that.

Newbomb Turk
3/22/2009, 06:44 PM
Marquette's Coach and fans made asses of themselves after that.

I'm also so glad they didn't call a foul on the Marquette desperation shot near the end of the game.

Soonerus
3/22/2009, 06:51 PM
I thought it was pretty biased too...

Curly Bill
3/22/2009, 07:15 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here last night lamenting how much the announcers were slobbering over Texas?

...just sayin

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 08:38 PM
Wasn't there a thread on here last night lamenting how much the announcers were slobbering over Texas?

...just sayin

Nothing new about slobbering texans...:D

Curly Bill
3/22/2009, 08:40 PM
Nothing new about slobbering texans...:D

...and nothing new about peeps whining how OU/Big 12 gets no respect. :D

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 08:59 PM
...and nothing new about peeps whining how OU/Big 12 gets no respect. :D

I swear...if folks could cheer as loud as they whine...OU venues would be places nobody would want to play at...lol

cheezyq
3/22/2009, 09:00 PM
I had to laugh when the radio announcers nearly soiled themselves during the Marquette game thinking about 5 Big Least teams in the Sweet 16. The comment was "They should just call the Sweet 16 the Big East Invitational, as they've already got 4 teams in, and possibly 6 with Louisville and Marquette still in it."

Ya think? When the committee ranks 3 of them as #1 seeds, giving them the easiest path to the Sweet 16, what do you expect? No Big East team was given a seed lower than #6. Come on...if you give them an easy path, they're likely going to take advantage. The Big 12 had the unfortunate disadvantage of playing 2 #1 seeds and a #2 seed in the second round. They were seeded specifically to be rooted out of the tourney. The 3 upper seeds in the Big 12 advanced pretty easily, despite the tougher road in comparison to the Big East upper crust.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 09:01 PM
Good post and good point cheezy.

SPEK!

Lott's Bandana
3/22/2009, 10:05 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

<cough>

Srsly, are there other conference teams in the tourney? Well, good for them, I hadn't noticed.

SCOUT
3/22/2009, 10:20 PM
I had to laugh when the radio announcers nearly soiled themselves during the Marquette game thinking about 5 Big Least teams in the Sweet 16. The comment was "They should just call the Sweet 16 the Big East Invitational, as they've already got 4 teams in, and possibly 6 with Louisville and Marquette still in it."

Ya think? When the committee ranks 3 of them as #1 seeds, giving them the easiest path to the Sweet 16, what do you expect? No Big East team was given a seed lower than #6. Come on...if you give them an easy path, they're likely going to take advantage. The Big 12 had the unfortunate disadvantage of playing 2 #1 seeds and a #2 seed in the second round. They were seeded specifically to be rooted out of the tourney. The 3 upper seeds in the Big 12 advanced pretty easily, despite the tougher road in comparison to the Big East upper crust.
I heard that on the radio and thought the same thing. I get it that the SEC, uh... I mean Big East is the greatest conference in the world and everyone else is just there to fill out the brackets.

tommieharris91
3/23/2009, 12:53 AM
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Speaking of, where are that conference's teams?

OUstud
3/23/2009, 02:54 PM

The CBI?

A-M
3/23/2009, 03:01 PM

Already home!