PDA

View Full Version : SWEET 16 ! ! !

StoopTroup
3/21/2009, 07:04 PM
GO SOONERS ! ! !

kevpks
3/21/2009, 07:06 PM
This rocks! Now I can just sit back and relax for the rest of the games this weekend.

ouflak
3/21/2009, 07:06 PM
:D

King Crimson
3/21/2009, 07:07 PM
woot!

that was an unusually aggravating game.

colleyvillesooner
3/21/2009, 07:09 PM
Well, we made it farther than I thought we would after the BIG 12 tourney.

keep Marching boys!!!!!!!!

sooner518
3/21/2009, 07:16 PM
please not Syracuse and their annoying *** zone D. I dont want to see Devendorf's ugly mug all over the court and I sure as hell dont want to guard against Flynn!

but yea, WOOOOOOOOO Im excited and thought we played well tonight. Crocker was atrocious on the offensive end but totally shut down Harris and frustrated him with a couple charging calls. AJ with another super long dagger to put the nail in the coffin.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/21/2009, 07:23 PM
Crocker does NOT need to step it up on offense for us to win. Neither does AJ. AJ needs to get about 6 points. Blake needs to take over. Willie needs to score. I said this earlier. And so far, Blake has shown up and we've been winning. Up the competition and let's see if he ups his game.

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 07:23 PM
please not Syracuse and their annoying *** zone D. I dont want to see Devendorf's ugly mug all over the court and I sure as hell dont want to guard against Flynn!

but yea, WOOOOOOOOO Im excited and thought we played well tonight. Crocker was atrocious on the offensive end but totally shut down Harris and frustrated him with a couple charging calls. AJ with another super long dagger to put the nail in the coffin.

I hope it is Syracuse!

Revenge is sweet and Cuse has been overachieving the last 2 weeks!

Curly Bill
3/21/2009, 07:34 PM
Crocker does NOT need to step it up on offense for us to win. Neither does AJ. AJ needs to get about 6 points. Blake needs to take over. Willie needs to score. I said this earlier. And so far, Blake has shown up and we've been winning. Up the competition and let's see if he ups his game.

Crocker should in fact refrain from ever shooting the ball again! :D

stoopified
3/21/2009, 07:39 PM
I thought we would make it to at least the Sweet 16 before the season started and said so on this very forum(the season as I see it-thread),now ANYTHING else is gravy.

JLEW1818
3/21/2009, 07:43 PM
go Arizona state !

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 07:50 PM

Yeah....okay!

We need a threat from the wing to compliment Warren and Blake!

We do not have that. However, if AJ can get us about 7-10 assists a game and Crocker continues to play great defense and if Taylor can continue to get 15 a game...we should be able to beat anyone.

With that said, we do need scoring comtributions from the rest of the team. They do not need to be all double digit scorers, but we do need our bench and other three starters to at least contribute to about 40-50 points/game. If not, then we will not get past the opponent.

Curly Bill
3/21/2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah....okay!

We do not have that. However, if AJ can get us about 7-10 assists a game and Crocker continues to play great defense and if Taylor can continue to get 15 a game...we should be able to beat anyone.

With that said, we do need scoring comtributions from the rest of the team. They do not need to be all double digit scorers, but we do need our bench and other three starters to at least contribute to about 40-50 points/game. If not, then we will not get past the opponent.

Do we have one....:confused:

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 07:55 PM

That is what I really wonder...but we really do.

ouleaf
3/21/2009, 08:11 PM
Crocker should in fact refrain from ever shooting the ball again! :D

Agreed! He either just needs to set non-stop screens for Willie and AJ, b/c lets face it, he isn't exactly going to pull a help defender away from Blake at this point.

He did redeem himself with those two big charging calls at the end of the game. Other than that, he really was a non-factor in the game.

theresonly1OU
3/21/2009, 08:14 PM
Crocker's D was outstanding; he drew at least 2 charges on harris alone (the last one was the one that fouled him out). If he can keep his D on that level, it makes my rage at seeing him miss EVERY 3 HE ATTEMPTS at bay.

But they're still on track as far as where I thought they would be; I can't wait to see how Syracuse's horrible free throw shooting effects the game if they make it; they're not going to get a free pass in the paint like they do in the Big East.

theresonly1OU
3/21/2009, 08:16 PM

Yes.

Collier11
3/21/2009, 08:18 PM

That is what I really wonder...but we really do.

Honestly, what has happened to Cade? I know he does little other than shoot 3's but Capel barely gives him a shot to get going. His shooting could really help right now, especially against these zones.

Crock either needs to start hitting shots or atleast keep playing tough D like he did against Harris today

Curly Bill
3/21/2009, 08:18 PM
Yes.

Unfortunately, there's no proof of that.

Frozen Sooner
3/21/2009, 08:19 PM
Yay!

Here's to hoping my bracket turns to complete crap on Thursday!

Who's with me?

ouleaf
3/21/2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah....okay!

As far as AJ getting 7-10 assists goes, he hasn't put up those numbers consistently all season, so i'm not sure I could expect him to do it now

And 40-50 points from those not name Blake Griffin and Willie Warren is a bit of stretch too, don't you think? At this point in the season, I'd say anything over 20-25 is about what you can expect from our other guys. Anything above that and it's a great night.

I'm not trying to be a downer here or anything. We played a really good game, given the amount of prep time. What I hope we can continue from this game is to keep winning the turnover battle like we did tonight, and keep the fouls to a minimum like tonight. It usually spells trouble for us if we have the higher numbers in either of those categories.

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 08:21 PM
Now, when crocker gets hot again...will you all be happy that he was able score?

We all know he can shoot...and shoot extremely well when he is on fire.

I just wonder what the hell is wrong with him where he has apparently forgotten how to shoot.

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 08:23 PM
Yay!

Here's to hoping my bracket turns to complete crap on Thursday!

Who's with me?

I am not with you!

I expect us to be further than the sweet 16. In fact, my bracket better continue on the way it is so far!

OU_Sooners75
3/21/2009, 08:25 PM
As far as AJ getting 7-10 assists goes, he hasn't put up those numbers consistently all season, so i'm not sure I could expect him to do it now

And 40-50 points from those not name Blake Griffin and Willie Warren is a bit of stretch too, don't you think? At this point in the season, I'd say anything over 20-25 is about what you can expect from our other guys. Anything above that and it's a great night.

I'm not trying to be a downer here or anything. We played a really good game, given the amount of prep time. What I hope we can continue from this game is to keep winning the turnover battle like we did tonight, and keep the fouls to a minimum like tonight. It usually spells trouble for us if we have the higher numbers in either of those categories.

AJ can give us a lot of assists...and normally does. Maybe not on paper, or are they scored as assists....more like Hockey assists. If he continues to play mainly point and not worrying about shooting...I really like our chances.

It is when he is being asked to score 20 points that makes my ulcer act up.

boomersooner28
3/21/2009, 10:20 PM
Now, when crocker gets hot again...will you all be happy that he was able score?

We all know he can shoot...and shoot extremely well when he is on fire.

I just wonder what the hell is wrong with him where he has apparently forgotten how to shoot.

Dude. If Crocker were ever to get hot again (like sneaking behind the counter at McDonalds and tripping into the hot *** grease frying the french fries) we would cut the nets down. No doubt in my mind. This is why I am soooo frustrated with Crockers play.

sooner59
3/22/2009, 01:36 AM
I think that Crocker has really been hurting us on offense, but he is saving us on defense recently. Today, he drew two huge charges and really blanketed their guards. On offense, he is just a liability for now. I am glad that we have a while to prepare for the next game. I was pretty worried about this one given that Michigan's guards were pretty good. But we held Manny Harris and C.J. Lee at bay all game.