PDA

View Full Version : Aggies say the darndest things....

tommieharris91
3/21/2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=66644

DMAFB_Sooner08
3/21/2009, 12:00 PM
Poor guys...they have it rough!!:rolleyes: It must be tough bein little brother

Dio
3/21/2009, 12:46 PM
Where's LAS and his crybaby pics when you need them?

Eielson
3/21/2009, 12:51 PM
I don't really understand why you need to watch one game on more than one TV.

Collier11
3/21/2009, 01:23 PM
Seriously, they are a bunch of tittie babies. If this actually happened which I highly doubt, then dont go there again. If they call the paper and the SA and all that, they are a bunch of babies. It isnt that big of a deal.

LiveLaughLove
3/21/2009, 01:48 PM
The level of psychosis is staggering at times to me from them.

I didnt know they were being forced to watch their games at OU establishments. I thought this was a free country (at least a little while longer) where you could pick and choose where to eat.

In reading the posts there for example, I will now go to that BWW and give them my money in exchange for their food and their pro-OU service. I will likewise, avoid the brewery they mentioned since it is owned by osu fans and they cater to them, as is their prerogative.

Thats how life works... For the sane anyway.

Truth is that BWW can sustain itself with just OU money. They would not be able to sustain themselves on just osu money.

Frozen Sooner
3/21/2009, 01:53 PM
I'm still not getting what the problem is. Their game was on the big screen and presumably was the one with audio. Some other customers wanted to watch other games. What, they're not happy unless nobody else can watch what they want to watch?

cheezyq
3/21/2009, 01:55 PM
Sweet! I'm glad they posted the address. Now I have a new place to watch games when I'm in the area. Boneless Honey BBQ wings, here I come!

badger
3/21/2009, 03:02 PM
Do you like how he said the bar was "full" of OSU fans? I wonder if this is "full" by Boone Pickens Stadium standard or full by GIA standard these past few seasons? :D

There were probably five OSU fans in there out of 50 or so people ;)

badger
3/21/2009, 03:21 PM
I can't believe I just read through the entire thread. You know what their complaining reminds me of? Moe's Tavern when he's steals Homer's recipe to the "Flaming Homer" (renamed the "Flaming Moe") and Homer gets so angry he tells Moe "You just lost a customer!" which is drowned out by all of the cash register ringing and hundreds of other customers lining up to get beer.

Like some OSU fans have already figured out, the BWW's owner does not need their business. Those places will have more than enough business to make up for any lost business from a few dozen fans on a message board :rolleyes:

I'm not justifying treating OSU fans like useless customers that can be tossed aside, I'm just saying that starting a message board campaign will have little to no effect.

SicEmBaylor
3/21/2009, 03:42 PM
Can someone tell me where the pro-Baylor breweries and eating establishments are located in the OKC?

TYIA

StoopTroup
3/21/2009, 03:59 PM
Can someone tell me where the pro-Baylor breweries and eating establishments are located in the OKC?

TYIA

http://ou.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2008/12/08/jailBT.jpg

YWIA

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/22/2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not justifying treating OSU fans like useless customers that can be tossed aside, I'm just saying that starting a message board campaign will have little to no effect.

maybe they should try flying a benner over NW expressway ;)

Bosley
3/22/2009, 01:27 PM
I honestly dont know anyone in OKC that went to Baylor.

Bosley
3/22/2009, 01:28 PM
The best quote from that entire thread:

Post #184 StratKat: Oh and by the way...I love my mullet, have had it since the early 80s even before Billy Ray Cyrus and I will always shout GO POKES!!! from the depths of my heart and soul....so deal with it!!!

theresonly1OU
3/22/2009, 01:39 PM
I can't believe I just read through the entire thread. You know what their complaining reminds me of? Moe's Tavern when he's steals Homer's recipe to the "Flaming Homer" (renamed the "Flaming Moe") and Homer gets so angry he tells Moe "You just lost a customer!" which is drowned out by all of the cash register ringing and hundreds of other customers lining up to get beer.

Like some OSU fans have already figured out, the BWW's owner does not need their business. Those places will have more than enough business to make up for any lost business from a few dozen fans on a message board :rolleyes:

You and me both. I especially liked the post by OSUcherokee; he actually threatened to use his "connections" to "see what he could do".

Because we all know that nothing is scarier to a successful businessman than a threat from an anonymous poster to tell his mommy.

It may just be me, but I've stopped laughing at what I read at OP.com. When I do, I feel dirty, like laughing at an athlete at the special olympics.

Oh well, got to go; I'm taking my family to buffalo wild wings on NW expressway. I intend to reward him with replacing the business he lost (albeit minimal) with as much of my own as possible.

I might even pour a 40 out for all the OSU fans' business BWW in the process.

MikeInNorman
3/22/2009, 02:23 PM
Oh, Aggy. You never met a boycott you didn't like.

SicEmBaylor
3/22/2009, 02:38 PM
I honestly dont know anyone in OKC that went to Baylor.

Your last US Congressman did just to name one.

GrapevineSooner
3/22/2009, 03:23 PM
I wanted to beat him to a pulp, this family is what makes OSU fans what we are

What's that? Overly sensitive people who want to beat people up for what amounts to a molehill?

I'm positive BWW isn't the only restaurant with a bar with games on on Northwest Expressway.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 03:35 PM
I've been boycotting anything eskimo related for years.

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2009, 05:29 PM
Poor Aggy.

badger
3/22/2009, 05:51 PM
Somewhere in Oklahoma City, a BWW only had one television turned to the Pitt victory over Oklahoma State, because there were a lot Cleveland State fans that wanted to watch the other game :D

yukonmiller
3/22/2009, 08:12 PM
That thread over there was an alltime classic. Hillarious but I couldn't even get through half of it.

Reminded me of my 6th grade son and his buddies all scheming to "get someone". "Dude, we could toilet paper their house, no let's light a bag of poop on their front porch." Go get em aggies.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 08:25 PM
Reminded me of my 6th grade son and his buddies all scheming to "get someone". "Dude, we could toilet paper their house, no let's light a bag of poop on their front porch."

There's no need to talk code about our mods. :D ;)

jdsooner
3/22/2009, 10:02 PM
It's no secret that OU has attracted the lowest common denominator of fans in our state. People like a winner and 70 years of cheating and corruption has produced that. Sooners are proud of their winning tradition and are quick to ignore how they got there.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, though. It is their destiny. They did choose criminals who cheated in the land run to represent their university as the mascot.

I guess it is OUr fault that Buffalo Wild Wings wouldn't show the OSU game on every television. I think I'll go out and rob a bank owned by an OSU grad. I can't help it; it's my destiny.

Collier11
3/23/2009, 09:42 AM
They arent very smart all the time

badger
3/23/2009, 09:57 AM
Seriously - if you're not a Sooner fan and you make it known when you visit an OKC bar, you're going to get treated in a non-hospitable way. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296466,00.html) This should not be hard to understand.

OUMallen
3/23/2009, 01:02 PM
A lot of our posters in THIS thread seem to have swallowed that story whole. I think you can' tbelieve everything that guy said.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 01:09 PM
A lot of our posters in THIS thread seem to have swallowed that story whole. I think you can' tbelieve everything that guy said.

I find the story very plausible.

Aggy walks in to a sports bar where the biggest screen in the joint is tuned to their game against Tennessee.

Aggy is upset because not every screen is tuned to their game.

Aggy then confronts owner of the restaurant over this, who happened to be having a nice meal with his friends and family.

Owner explains that there are fans of other teams there and he's trying to accomodate them as well.

Aggy gets belligerent and the owner kicks him out.

It's all very believable to me, I just don't know why they're upset about it. Aggy was acting like a dick and got bounced. It happens.

badger
3/23/2009, 01:13 PM

I personally don't care if it's true or not - it's too funny to care. Oh my gawwwd! They only had ONE television turned to the OSU game?! Let's boycott! Let's send angry messages to corporate! Let's bedowngrade his online business rating! Let's post his picture, phone number and e-mail address and give him more hell!

So anyways, who cares if it's true? Let's just giggle and this and at the fact that we have two tourney teams still fighting for championships while they don't... and thus, there will be NO poke games on ANY televisions at that BWW for the rest of the season :D

Wishboned
3/23/2009, 01:20 PM
I'm still wondering why they went to a sports bar to watch their game.

I think a comedy club would be a more fitting place to watch the aggies.

MrJimBeam
3/23/2009, 01:32 PM
Is there any group of people more persecuted than the Aggies, outside maybe the Jews?

NMSooner'80
3/23/2009, 04:06 PM
Don't forget how they post below the DOK's stories about how anti-OSU the newspaper's writers are during basketball season. This occurs, despite the fact that B.Tramel was pretty much Eddie Sutton's head cheerleader all those years, how same columnist wrote that Henry Iba was a greater college coach than Bud Wilkinson was in football "because of his coaching tree," etc.

I also know a guy who used to write for the newspapers in Amarillo and OKC (he worked at the Amarillo Globe-News as a prep writer in the early 80's, before moving to OKC). He once told me that they got bombarded with phone calls (keep in mind this is in the pre-internet days) in the mid-80's if the combined column-inches of OU football coverages was one inch more than what OSU got in the same issue of the Sunday Oklahoman. I believe it!

jdsooner
3/23/2009, 09:45 PM
In other words, Aggies are concerned about size. It almost sounds like penis envy.;)

badger
3/23/2009, 10:19 PM
do you think any of em went to bww tonight and demanded more televisions get turned to the wnit game? :rolleyes:

Taxman71
3/24/2009, 10:15 AM
Poke fans should be glad they only got kicked out of BWW. Anti-OU rants in Henry Hudson's will result in a torn sack....

Readyfor8
3/24/2009, 10:29 AM
If it was my establishment, I would have turned the game over to some thing else on the big screen, taken the sound off, and let the aggies cry over it some more.

Although I will say this, I camped out a spot at Cousins one day for a football game. Happened to be on the same night as USC, Ohio St. Two minutes before the game started, some hammerhead had to change the TV I was camping in front of to the USC game and I threw a fit. I had been there longer than any other person in the bar, I don't care which one you change, as long as it isn't the TV I have been camping in front of.

The waitress happened to take my side, but the some bar manager or something was the person at the table, and asked if she could just change it on commercial, and I said sure, as long as it isn't this TV. She still doesn't like me to this day, but I got my way.

Dio
3/24/2009, 01:05 PM
To be fair, I'm sure that BWW owner gets tired of getting paid in chickens or cowpatties or whatever they use for barterin up in the stool.

Partial Qualifier
3/24/2009, 03:40 PM
I had to be restrained from my friends, I wanted to beat him to a pulp

I bet your friends could restrain you with a rubber band and a jelly doughnut there, Cletus Jr.

Holy crap -- an 11-page thread about getting slighted at Buffalo Wild Wings?? It'd be funny, were it not for the fact those ****ing losers live in this state

picasso
3/24/2009, 03:49 PM
what a sad lot.

A-M
3/25/2009, 07:01 PM
I bet your friends could restrain you with a rubber band and a jelly doughnut there, Cletus Jr.

Holy crap -- an 11-page thread about getting slighted at Buffalo Wild Wings?? It'd be funny, were it not for the fact those ****ing losers live in this state

It's now up to 16 pages!

badger
3/25/2009, 07:58 PM
It's now up to 16 pages!

There are also three other threads - one from another guy with a similar tale (locked after a few pages), one of a guy defending BWW's owner and calling osu fans dumb (locked after one post) and a stickied thread from a mod asking people to stop posting BWW stories.

It's like OSU just lost or something oh wait they did :D

fadada1
3/25/2009, 09:49 PM
i'm more dumberer for reading that thread.

MichiganSooner
3/25/2009, 10:10 PM
I got one question: Did Cowboy Cubs Fan gradjeeate from OSU with his major in English?

That is some essay that guy put on their board.

badger
3/17/2010, 11:27 AM
I am resurrecting this thread because they're resurrecting the boycott.

Link (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=91112)

I seriously doubt this will be a problem this year, but that won't stop Aggroid. I mean, Kansas and KSU both are playing IN okc, so why would they be at a BWW instead?

Anyway, it's not as funny as the first time (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=66644&highlight=Buffalo+wild+wings+expressway&page=15), but still pretty typical aggy.

NormanPride
3/17/2010, 11:52 AM
Sigh...

goingoneight
3/17/2010, 12:04 PM
I'd be all mad at the world too if I had to wear orange.