PDA

View Full Version : Heard an interesting ACC rule on ESPN radio...

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 02:14 PM
Seth Greeberg's (the coach at Virginia Tech) brother is the coach of a school playing one of the other ACC teams in the tourney. Sorry, forgot his name and his school and who he was playing.

Anyhow, said brother was being interviewed on ESPN radio and mentioned that he was trying to get a scouting report from Seth but that ACC rules prohibited sharing scouting reports and/or game tapes on fellow ACC schools.

That struck me as a really good idea, and made me wonder if the Big 12 had a similar rule. Anyone know? Is this common practice and I've just never heard of it before?

bri
3/20/2009, 02:31 PM
The Big 12's version of that rule would probably be "Don't share scouting reports and/or game film of any member institutions, with the obvious exception of Oklahoma. F*ck those guys."

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 03:14 PM
It's a common rule among Texas high schools (prolly OK too). It's not a statewide rule but one more commonly adopted by the various districts, and then it's really more of a gentleman's agreement than it is a rule. It wouldn't surprise me if the Big-12 had something similar.