PDA

View Full Version : Secret Play from Spring Football

Blues1
3/20/2009, 02:01 PM
Secret Play from Spring Football

LINK ~~~~~~ :)

touchdown...wmv

My Bad --- Sorry Link did not work ....??? -I will try again Later...!!

Dan Thompson
3/20/2009, 03:28 PM
I heard about this one also.

The center snaps the ball and Sam goes back deep like it's a pass.

The blocks like a screen pass and the D line gets through our O line.

The center has kept the ball, between his legs and stands straight up and acts like he is going to pass, statue of liberty anyone, the WR come by and gets the ball and fakes a reverse to the other WR.

This results in all sorts of problems and only gains an average of two yards.

The play was dropped for this reason. It also took too long.

oudivesherpa
3/20/2009, 07:05 PM
How about the option/pass to the tight end. Florida used that used in the NC game. Granted we don't want Sam running the option that often, but it is a very effective play against a team with great team speed.

Quarterback has the option to run, pitch to the running back or a short shuttle pass to the tight end.

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 08:37 PM
I heard about this one also.

The center snaps the ball and Sam goes back deep like it's a pass.

The blocks like a screen pass and the D line gets through our O line.

The center has kept the ball, between his legs and stands straight up and acts like he is going to pass, statue of liberty anyone, the WR come by and gets the ball and fakes a reverse to the other WR.

This results in all sorts of problems and only gains an average of two yards.

The play was dropped for this reason. It also took too long.

Well, that and by rule it's an illegal procedure penalty.

MamaMia
3/21/2009, 11:20 AM
If its suppose to be a secret, how come everyone knows?

oupride
3/21/2009, 12:57 PM
How about the option/pass to the tight end. Florida used that used in the NC game. Granted we don't want Sam running the option that often, but it is a very effective play against a team with great team speed.

Quarterback has the option to run, pitch to the running back or a short shuttle pass to the tight end.
So, when was the last time the Sooners ran the half-back option? Granted, OU may not have had any RB that could throw with accuracy, but it seems like I remember it in Stoops era. Maybe it was a WR? Just wondering.

illinisooner
3/21/2009, 02:56 PM
Last time I remember any sort of non QB throw was Manny Johnson to Kelly in the Miami game in 07.

oupride
3/21/2009, 03:10 PM
That's it! I was there!

Ground_Attack
3/21/2009, 03:35 PM
The Annexation of Puerto Rico?

setem
3/21/2009, 08:38 PM
Chicken little flea flicker!

ouleaf
3/21/2009, 08:41 PM

Not sure if i like the idea of Gresham to receive the shuttle pass option. Maybe Madu or Clapp though.

SoonersEnFuego
3/23/2009, 02:48 PM
Well, that and by rule it's an illegal procedure penalty.
Not if Sam touches it first.

Sam has to be under center and when the ball comes up, it has to at least touch Sam's hand, but then the center just keeps the ball down there between his legs.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 03:21 PM
Not if Sam touches it first.

Sam has to be under center and when the ball comes up, it has to at least touch Sam's hand, but then the center just keeps the ball down there between his legs.

SECTION 23. Snapping the Ball
ARTICLE 1. a. Legally snapping the ball (a snap) is handing or passing
it backward from its position on the ground with a quick and continuous
motion of the hand or hands, the ball actually leaving the hand or hands in
this motion (Rule 4-1-4).

In the instance described above, the center has illegally simulated a snap without the snap actually occuring. The snap must occur in a "quick and continuous motion."

Shooting the ball back, touching the receiver's hands with it, then setting it down on the ground is not a legal snap, and is a dead-ball illegal procedure penalty.

Jacie
3/26/2009, 06:03 AM
Trick plays are entertaining (when they work) but I like to think the Sooners have reached a time when they are good enough not to need to resort to one. A certain bowl game has kinda soured me on them. I prefer to think of OU/Nebraska or a couple of games in the Stoops era when the team wasn't as dominant as the latest version and pulled one out of a hat to break to preserve a win.

boomermagic
3/27/2009, 08:53 AM
Trick plays are entertaining (when they work) but I like to think the Sooners have reached a time when they are good enough not to need to resort to one. A certain bowl game has kinda soured me on them. I prefer to think of OU/Nebraska or a couple of games in the Stoops era when the team wasn't as dominant as the latest version and pulled one out of a hat to break to preserve a win.

I think we do need to use anything and everything we have in a game like the last one we played..