PDA

View Full Version : OK, who wants a dog?

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:18 AM
Once again, some POS decided to dump a pup on my place. This guy is a little different though. He's a small (bigger than a chihuahua, and about the size of a poodle or something) mixed breed mutt who is red, with short kind of wirey hair on his face (like a schnauzer) and soft longer hair on his body.

He's cuter than hell, and he's the most calm, patient, well-behaved half-grown pup I've ever seen. He's staying in the garage (which has maybe 25 pairs of boots/shoes/hats/etc. and he hasn't destroyed anything. He goes out in the yard to dump his load and take a leak.

He's never made a sound. No whine, no bark, nothing. He's constantly got his tail wagging, but never jumps up on you or anything. He loves to be scratched, but isn't obnoxious about it.

Last night, he followed me and the other dogs out to feed the cattle. He didn't chase them, bark, or anything. He ducked in between the 4-wheeler and the fence when I opened the gate and all the cattle came charging into the pen. Very smart little guy.

I'm fairly sure he's of a non-shedding breed (well as non-shedding as one can be) and he's very healthy. He has not been neutered, and is probably now just old enough where one could neuter him.

I'll deliver him to anyone who wants him. I usually don't go out of my way like this, but this little guy deserves more than just being coyote bait, and I don't want to have to shoot him.

So, anybody in, or maybe knows somebody who's looking for a great little dog?

JohnnyMack
3/20/2009, 10:19 AM
So just keep him, you heartless prick.

olevetonahill
3/20/2009, 10:22 AM
Hell bro Im over loaded Myself or I would take him

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:39 AM
So just keep him, you heartless prick.

So, you'll meet me in Stroud and take him so you can finally do something nice for your kids? Cool. What time?

JohnnyMack
3/20/2009, 10:43 AM
My kids already gots two dogs. And two fish. You have all that wide open land for little Benji to run around on. Just keep him.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:49 AM
You have all that wide open land for little Benji to run around on. Just keep him.

Spoken like a truly clueless city boy. You see JM, there's more to dog ownership than having a ****pot of property for him to run around on. I've already got dogs, and clueless city boys keep dumping more of them on my place. If I kept them all just because I have land for them to run around on I'd be like one of them cat ladies (or olevet):P

You gotta feed them, give them attention, doctor them, train them, etc. I'm sure your wife knows all about being a responsible pet owner. Ask her. She'll tell you it's true.

Anyhow, either come get the ****ing dog or STFU.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2009, 10:51 AM
I'm a responsible mother****er!

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:54 AM
pffft. Wrong again. You voted for Obama.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah. There is that.

badger
3/20/2009, 11:06 AM
Goodness, gentlemen, you are fun to read :D

Dean, this dog is clearly sucking up to you and wants to be a farm dog. This doesn't mean you give into his sucking up, of course. I'm sure a call to the police will get him to the nearest pound.

It sucks that people do this. I hear reports from the zoo (who can't take care of dogs because they've got dog-eating exotic animals, duh), the SPCA (who post numerous signs out from saying that it's a felony to leave unwanted animals tied outside to their fences, etc. who get unwanted pets all the time.

Oh, and sorry, but our two adopted pups are a handful as-is, so I'm not volunteering to take the loveable mutt you have on your hands.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 11:16 AM
I'm sure a call to the police will get him to the nearest pound.

Now that part cracked me up. You see, I live about 8 miles from the closest "town." This "town" doesn't have a pound. The closest pound is across the river in Purcell, which happens to be in McClain County. When I've tried to take dogs over there they won't accept them since I live in Cleveland County. I've tried to take dogs to Norman, but they won't accept them because I don't live in Norman.

Now maybe one of those gay, liberal shelter type places like 2nd Chance might take him cause he's little, but I'd rather shoot him than give him to those freaks. They burned their bridge with me when they wouldn't accept a litter of lab pups because "they'll grow up to be big dogs - but if you had a litter of bishons or **** zoos we'd be happy to take them..." I'm sure he's not purebred enough for those ****ing dog nazis.

Anyhow, check around. He really is a cool little guy. And his coat matches your beautiful red hair damn near exactly.

Hot Rod
3/20/2009, 11:22 AM
"Based on a true story, a dog with no home, families that didn't want him, but the joy he brought to a certain household. Don't miss the heart-touching movie coming out this holiday season...The Red-Haired Mut"

badger
3/20/2009, 12:04 PM
Well Dean, based off of what you said, I can see why everyone is using your place as a dumping ground for dogs, if Purcell or Norman won't take them. Congratulations, you are the pound aka dog dumping ground for the area.

And for the record, my hair is blond. It's only red during the winter... stupid lack of sunlight :rolleyes:

If the dog dumping is really bothering you, you could probably do a few things to deter it - post a sign similar to the one other common dog dumping areas have, or install a security camera where you usually get dogs dumped... if you've already done both, then you're probably doomed to being the dog dumping ground forever and through eternity.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 12:08 PM
Dean...

There is a swap forum for **** like this.

Quit cluttering up the Oval you heartless prick! :D

badger
3/20/2009, 12:15 PM
I was curious about this issue, so I googled a few key words to find that this is a problem across the country, that as people are making budget decisions, the pets are usually among the first things to be let go... and sometimes not in a humane manner.

I saw a story on another rural farmer that has been getting a lot of unwanted pets, as well as no-kill shelters getting abandoned animals tied to their fences, or tearful people just taking their pets to the pound, knowing that they'll likely get euthanized.

Do you have animal control officers in your area that you can get to help you out?

Mjcpr
3/20/2009, 01:13 PM
Dean, have you put up that security camera at the dump site yet? It's not getting any earlier.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 02:22 PM
It's not like there's a "dump site." I have a total of 1 1/2 miles of road frontage in front and around back. If a dog shows up at the house, it could have been dumped anywhere. I have found more than one animal down by a creek crossing that's maybe a half-mile from the house. That's where they usually drop puppies and cats.

To put up a camera I'd have to run over 1/2 mile of electrical wiring. There's no such thing as "animal control" in the country. Those guys only work the city, and not in my city.

Also, let's say I get a picture or some video of some person dumping an animal in the middle of the night. Unless I know this person or their vehicle, having a picture doesn't do me any good.

What I need is for one of you nice city people to quit offering me solutions and come get this damn dog.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2009, 02:26 PM
Have you thought about claymores?

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 02:27 PM
Sounds like the dogs are sniffing you out.

Take a bath and see if that helps.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 02:31 PM
**** y'all. **** all y'all.

Mjcpr
3/20/2009, 02:32 PM
It's not like there's a "dump site." I have a total of 1 1/2 miles of road frontage in front and around back. If a dog shows up at the house, it could have been dumped anywhere. I have found more than one animal down by a creek crossing that's maybe a half-mile from the house. That's where they usually drop puppies and cats.

To put up a camera I'd have to run over 1/2 mile of electrical wiring. There's no such thing as "animal control" in the country. Those guys only work the city, and not in my city.

Also, let's say I get a picture or some video of some person dumping an animal in the middle of the night. Unless I know this person or their vehicle, having a picture doesn't do me any good.

What I need is for one of you nice city people to quit offering me solutions and come get this damn dog.

Couldn't you devise some type of system whereby the camera runs up and down the fenceline day and night video taping all of the goings on along the road(s)? Kind of like one of those rabbits that the dogs chase when they race. That's what I'm picturing.

I think you're just putting up road blocks for this great idea and being unreasonable, Mr. Negative. Haven't you ever heard of wireless?

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 02:37 PM
Blow me Pat. And have a nice day.

Howzit
3/20/2009, 02:41 PM
The owners of Golden Palace might be interested.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 02:42 PM
Let's name the little guy "Jimmy Buffet".

Mjcpr
3/20/2009, 02:43 PM
The owners of Golden Palace might be interested.

Do they do camera work?

Howzit
3/20/2009, 02:57 PM
Do they do camera work?

Apparently, this is from their website.

http://www.mytorontohomeimprovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/chinese-dog-paws.jpg

Howzit
3/20/2009, 02:58 PM
Not rilly!

ha ha ha!!!

fooled you all!!!

badger
3/20/2009, 03:02 PM

:D But you seem to enjoy shooting down each and every solution we provide SOOOO much :D

Maybe you should just go into scary Dean mode and put up a threatening sign near said creek - "PET ABANDONMENT IS A FELONY - SECURITY CAMERAS ARE PRESENT - PET ABANDONMENT WILL BE REPORTED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT"
Add a scarecrow giving the bird next it and you'll never have another pet dumped ever again :D

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 03:05 PM
My sign would be more like:

"Hey you inconsiderate, selfish, cocksucking prick. If I catch you dumping an animal on my place I will euthanize you and your pet post haste."

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 03:06 PM
Hey, that got by the filter somehow. Cool.

1890MilesToNorman
3/20/2009, 03:06 PM
Dean, I would be interested but as you can see I'm a long way from hillbillyville and I'm sure you don't want to drive way up here? A good dog deserves a good home and you guys stop trying to BBQ the little guy.

badger
3/20/2009, 03:18 PM
My sign would be more like:

"Hey you inconsiderate, selfish, cocksucking prick. If I catch you dumping an animal on my place I will euthanize you and your pet post haste."

Perfect! :D

Phil
3/20/2009, 03:19 PM
Deano, the wife and I might be interested. Don't let him go until I get back to you.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 03:20 PM
Cool.

You see people, this is how you step up.

badger
3/20/2009, 03:22 PM
Phil always steps up. Before Phil, we all didn't have a message board to write Internet smut on :P

MamaMia
3/20/2009, 03:39 PM
Dean, I find abandoned dogs as well; many do. I think of it as a test of my character. You offered to deliver this precious being to whomever and for that I commend you. There are shelters. Do the right thing and God bless. :)

Mjcpr
3/20/2009, 03:47 PM
Nothing yet...

http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/b/BearLeThere/228.jpg

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 03:50 PM
Dean, I find abandoned dogs as well; many do. I think of it as a test of my character. You offered to deliver this precious being to whomever and for that I commend you. There are shelters. Do the right thing and God bless. :)

Oh no...little Jimmy Buffet is doomed now. :pop:

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 03:50 PM
In all honesty, that kinda looks like a picture of your old lady's crotch there Pat.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 03:52 PM
Hey, that got by the filter somehow. Cool.

Jed must be sleeping.

47straight
3/20/2009, 04:12 PM
Got any pictures of the pooch?

Partial Qualifier
3/20/2009, 04:30 PM
Got any pictures of the pooch?

it's an awfully weird request dude, but here you go. :confused:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_03/BigBellyREX_468x310.jpg

Lott's Bandana
3/20/2009, 04:37 PM
Left hander put the azz on the frontside.

Mjcpr
3/20/2009, 04:37 PM
Got any pictures of the cooch?

Dean says there's one back on page 1 but I didn't think so.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2009, 05:17 PM
Dean says there's one back on page 1 but I didn't think so.

Can you take a picture with a scope?

NormanPride
3/20/2009, 06:03 PM
You people are weird. I'd love to have another dog, but we just got two, and haven't figured out totally how to handle them. Adding a third would just be mean. :(

SoonerKnight
3/20/2009, 07:19 PM
"Based on a true story, a dog with no home, families that didn't want him, but the joy he brought to a certain household. Don't miss the heart-touching movie coming out this holiday season...The Red-Haired Mut"

Yes, then Dean shot him!

olevetonahill
3/20/2009, 07:23 PM
Im with Dean , Other than the Obvious smartass posts . those that Offer "Suggestions" to stop Maggots from dumping dogs, It aint gonna work
I take care of what I can , Find Homes for others and still shoot 90% of em .
Like Ive said Id rather catch the MoFos that dump em ,shoot them, grind em up fer food fer the Dog till I can find it a home .
Dean Im a Tad More humane than you cause I gots more time to mess with the critters .

SoonerKnight
3/20/2009, 07:34 PM
Well, having been raised in the country as well as the city I can remember when my father was going to "take care of some kittens" and my mother being a city girl told him that he wasn't about to shoot those kittens. She found homes for each one of them except for one that she kept which was too stupid and died a few months later. It was squashed on a country road found it coming home from school one day. My cat however looked both ways before going across the street. :D

bluedogok
3/20/2009, 07:56 PM
Dean - If we were coming up there sooner we would probably consider it. We have been thinking about a new addition after losing our heeler last year. If you still have it around Arts Festival time (the next time we were going to come up there) we would probably pick him up. Hopefully Phil or someone else closer will step up.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah...

Dean...We would have take the little guy but a dog ate our Daughter's homework on the way to School the other day and I think she's gonna need counseling.

Sorry

ST

MamaMia
3/20/2009, 08:53 PM
Well, having been raised in the country as well as the city I can remember when my father was going to "take care of some kittens" and my mother being a city girl told him that he wasn't about to shoot those kittens. She found homes for each one of them except for one that she kept which was too stupid and died a few months later. It was squashed on a country road found it coming home from school one day. My cat however looked both ways before going across the street. :D How do you know someone didn't run over him, like on purpose? There are some real crazies out there. :(

SoonerKnight
3/20/2009, 09:48 PM
How do you know someone didn't run over him, like on purpose? There are some real crazies out there. :(

Nah this was like 25 years ago. The road in front of our house was a country road and we road a dirt bike to the neighbors house because it was mor fun then walking 2.5 miles!!! :D

That cat was stupid!

A Sooner in Texas
3/20/2009, 10:06 PM
He sounds like a really good dog...and you sound like you already might be a tad bit attached. Sorry you have to deal with all the animal dumping. Hopefully he'll get a good home, but just FYI, have you googled for any animal rescue groups in your area? Folks who work with them usually will come pick up an animal or at least meet in a convenient spot.
Our county animal shelter, which takes in around 1,500 animals a month, went from euthanising 80 percent of animals just a couple of years ago to about 12 percent now mainly because of all the animal rescue groups willing to foster/adopt.
Good luck!

olevetonahill
3/20/2009, 10:43 PM
He sounds like a really good dog...and you sound like you already might be a tad bit attached. Sorry you have to deal with all the animal dumping. Hopefully he'll get a good home, but just FYI, have you googled for any animal rescue groups in your area? Folks who work with them usually will come pick up an animal or at least meet in a convenient spot.
Our county animal shelter, which takes in around 1,500 animals a month, went from euthanising 80 percent of animals just a couple of years ago to about 12 percent now mainly because of all the animal rescue groups willing to foster/adopt.
Good luck!

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_Q96eJr1k

A Sooner in Texas
3/21/2009, 01:05 AM
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_Q96eJr1k

More like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dd9qjHUyHQ
;)

Lol, Vet...but now I've ruined my number. :D

Lott's Bandana
3/21/2009, 11:37 PM
Hey Dean, I met Rick Shaw yesterday. Gonna start helping him with the Sea Scouts out at Dirtybird.

Oh, he can't take the dog either.

Sooner Schemer
3/22/2009, 02:13 PM
I wish I could help, but I already have three; plus I'm in the Tulsa area.

I know that a lot of rescue groups can be overly selective - I've experienced that myself - but I'd much rather see him go to a "gay, liberal shelter type place" than to see him put down.

You can find a list of rescue groups in your area at Petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com).

Could you post a picture? A cute photo could go a long way in helping him find a home.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 02:41 PM
Hey Dean...

I checked again and found that I could actually take the dog but we don't like used ones. Maybe we'll go find us one of those akc things. The last one's hair fell out and we had to dump it off in the country. At least I didn't have to shoot it like I did the others.

Zbird
3/22/2009, 05:05 PM
Hey Dean, I met Rick Shaw yesterday. Gonna start helping him with the Sea Scouts out at Dirtybird.

I rode in a rickshaw once, but I don't want any dogs either.

C&CDean
3/23/2009, 01:06 PM

Don't do it. RS is a serious piece of work. He'll have you scudding his rudder on the poop deck if'n you don't watch yourself.

C&CDean
3/23/2009, 01:09 PM
There's a happy ending to this tale. Mrs. Dean and I met Mrs. Phil and Phil at the Atwoods in Norman on Saturday to give them the pooch. Thanks P & L.

On a sidenote, it almost wasn't a happy ending. When we pulled up, Mrs. Dean thought it would be smart to let the little guy down to see if he needed to take care of business. Little **** damn near ran out into traffic on 12th St. Phil's 4 kids sitting there in the car watching. That woulda been good...

StoopTroup
3/23/2009, 01:28 PM
Mrs. Dean and I met Mrs. Phil and Phil at the Atwoods in Norman .

Interesting how you put Mr's Phil first. Did she have a remote in her hand when you saw her? :D

Phil
3/23/2009, 02:04 PM
There's a happy ending to this tale. Mrs. Dean and I met Mrs. Phil and Phil at the Atwoods in Norman on Saturday to give them the pooch. Thanks P & L.

On a sidenote, it almost wasn't a happy ending. When we pulled up, Mrs. Dean thought it would be smart to let the little guy down to see if he needed to take care of business. Little **** damn near ran out into traffic on 12th St. Phil's 4 kids sitting there in the car watching. That woulda been good...

Yeah - that would have been bad. Deano, he's not quite as aware of cars as you thought, from my brief experience with him. He's very mellow, and the incumbent dog tolerates him, at least. He's got a ways to go, but not a bad start.

soonerbrat
3/23/2009, 02:13 PM
alrighty...was gonna say, I could maybe take him but not for a couple weeks..getting ready to move out to a horse farm.

C&CDean
3/23/2009, 04:09 PM
alrighty...was gonna say, I could maybe take him but not for a couple weeks..getting ready to move out to a horse farm.

No worries. I'll let you know when the next animal gets dumped. You did volunteer to take them/it/her/him didn't you?

JohnnyMack
3/23/2009, 04:21 PM
Dean, I'll take the dog.

What? He's gone already? OK, nevermind.

IB4OU2
3/23/2009, 04:24 PM
Danggit! Could he hunt?

olevetonahill
3/23/2009, 05:41 PM
Now Im all confused and **** :confused: Dean wussed out and Phil is gonna shoot the dog now .:confused:

Lott's Bandana
3/23/2009, 06:52 PM

On a sidenote, it almost wasn't a happy ending. When we pulled up, Mrs. Dean thought it would be smart to let the little guy down to see if he needed to take care of business. Little **** damn near ran out into traffic on 24th Ave SW. Phil's 4 kids sitting there in the car watching. That woulda been good...

Bumpkin. :P
~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and Rick does seem to be a bit on the serious side. I'll keep your sage words in mind.

OU_Sooners75
3/24/2009, 02:37 AM

No you wouldnt.

They have wireless cameras that can operate on batteries. :D

nvm

sooner_born_1960
3/24/2009, 07:04 AM
A 1/2 mle of batteries would be way too expensive.

Howzit
3/25/2009, 09:34 AM
In all honesty, that kinda looks like a picture of your old lady's crotch there Pat.

That's just not true, Dean. I can assure you that pitcher looks nothing like Pat's old lady's crotch.

C&CDean
3/25/2009, 10:34 AM
That's just not true, Dean. I can assure you that pitcher looks nothing like Pat's old lady's crotch.

You must have seen it before she trimmed it, had it surgically tightened up, and took an industrial strength doosh.

Mjcpr
3/25/2009, 10:38 AM
You must have seen it before she trimmed it, had it surgically tightened up, and took an industrial strength doosh.

Now, Deaner, I'm certain my old lady's crotch has never been within 2 miles of you.

C&CDean
3/25/2009, 10:45 AM
Now, Deaner, I'm certain my old lady's crotch has never been within 2 miles of you.

And for this, Dean is thankful.

stoopified
3/26/2009, 09:22 AM
Apparently I missed it,when did this become a beaver adoption thread? :)

C&CDean
3/26/2009, 11:02 AM
Dude, that ain't a beaver. That's a mastadon.

soonerbrat
3/31/2009, 01:51 PM
No worries. I'll let you know when the next animal gets dumped. You did volunteer to take them/it/her/him didn't you?

we're going on a case by case basis. i don't want some scrubby mean dog.

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2009, 02:04 PM
Brat don't want no scrub...

Lott's Bandana
3/31/2009, 03:21 PM
"Scrubby Mean Mastadon"

Sounds like a fab troll name 2 me.

dolemitesooner
3/31/2009, 03:31 PM
**** your couch dean.

I just wanted to say that.

******** *** *** 8**,*** *** hoes