PDA

View Full Version : BIG MAC

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 12:38 AM
Not the sammich....the prison here in Oklahoma.

Evidently the place needs a little work. They are saying 17% of the buildings need to be torn down and replaced. This started a conversation that none of us could answer.

A little backround. John Grisham did a novel (His only Non-Fiction Novel he's ever done BTW) called "The Innocent Man". It's about this guy from Oklahoma that was a home town hero in baseball and even played for the Yankees for a time. Dale Williamson was basically railroaded into serving quite a few years on Death Row in Big Mac. After he was released the treatment of prisoners was improved and the Death Row that Dale lived in was shut down and a new facility was built.

Here's the question for those of you who might have an answer....

Is Death Row at Big Mac underground now?

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/M/images/MC002.jpg

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2009, 12:49 AM
Can you make the prisoners do the rebuilding? If so, I'd go with that....VERY closely watched though...it'd suck if they built themselves a nice tunnel in the construction process.

bri
3/20/2009, 12:57 AM
It's almost like you saw the flaw in your plan halfway through typing that, but you're just too proud to hit "backspace". :D

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2009, 01:01 AM
It's almost like you saw the flaw in your plan halfway through typing that, but you're just too proud to hit "backspace". :D

Actually, that's exactly what happened.

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 01:11 AM
If the buildings are torn down can the prisoners be left in them while it's happening?

SicEmBaylor
3/20/2009, 01:51 AM
If the buildings are torn down can the prisoners be left in them while it's happening?

You thought this through better than I did.

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 01:58 AM
You thought this through better than I did.

That was right off the top of my head if ya can believe it. ;) :D

olevetonahill
3/20/2009, 08:49 AM
Greg I believe the Row has been undergound for quite some time now .
I know Back in the Day, Old Sparky was Located in the Basement Thats where it was back in 73 when I worked as a Guard there.
Ya can still see it In North Mac . Its in a little Museum, You used to have to schedule a tour of .

stoops the eternal pimp
3/20/2009, 08:54 AM
seeing that pic makes me proud to live here

soonerboomer93
3/20/2009, 09:28 AM
i'm pretty sure the Super Max in Florence, Colorado is either fully or partially underground.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:07 AM
Underground would be good. It just makes the trip down south to Satan's Lair a little shorter.

OhU1
3/20/2009, 10:50 AM
"H - Unit" is the death row building and I believe it is either underground or partially underground. The inmate's only exposure to sunlight is filtered through glass and a narrow slot through the ceiling of the exercise yard. The inmate gets only 1 hour a day outside their cell in the concrete box like yard.

Boo hoo! It's so cruel! Of course the ACLU and Amnesty International are appalled by Oklahoma's H-Unit. They describe it as dimly lit and like a tomb. Seems appropriate to me.

bri
3/20/2009, 10:57 AM
We're just gettin' 'em acclimated to their next set of accommodations. Pretty thoughtful, if you ask me.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 10:59 AM
We're just gettin' 'em acclimated to their next set of accommodations. Pretty thoughtful, if you ask me.

Look mother, our liberal son is starting to grow up. I'm so proud...

bri
3/20/2009, 11:06 AM
Oh, I've always been way pro-kill-the-killers. I'm a violent lib.

C&CDean
3/20/2009, 11:18 AM
It must be all those Quinton Tarantino flicks we let you watch growing up.

bri
3/20/2009, 11:23 AM
Well, that and our yearly cat hunts taught me that some things just need killin'.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Vet and OhU1.

http://mentalfloss.cachefly.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bigmac.jpg

OhU1
3/20/2009, 12:21 PM
Here's a link to an Anti-DP site that describes H unit with photos and descriptions. I think you are supposed to feel bad for the killers housed there. Somehow I was unmoved by the plight of these murderers.

www.ocadp.org/deathrow/h-unit/h-unit.html

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 12:30 PM
Good Stuff OhU1.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who ends up in H-Unit. It sounds a lot better than what most of them deserve.

bluedogok
3/20/2009, 08:11 PM
Here's a link to an Anti-DP site that describes H unit with photos and descriptions. I think you are supposed to feel bad for the killers housed there. Somehow I was unmoved by the plight of these murderers.

www.ocadp.org/deathrow/h-unit/h-unit.html
Poor babies :rolleyes:

I also doubt the mirror is made of glass, it would be too easy to make a weapon out of. It is probably polished stainless which is what 99.9% of correctional institution mirrors are.

StoopTroup
3/20/2009, 08:50 PM
It is probably polished stainless which is what 99.9% of correctional institution mirrors are.

How long where you in the joint? Did you ever drop the soap? :pop: :hot:

olevetonahill
3/20/2009, 09:14 PM

I always threw it down and Told the nOObs to pick it up :pop:

SoonerKnight
3/20/2009, 09:52 PM
i'm pretty sure the Super Max in Florence, Colorado is either fully or partially underground.

Fully underground and the shower comes to them they do not leave their cells but 1 hour a day in a room which has almost no light in it and it is only a little bit bigger then their cells.

SoonerKnight
3/20/2009, 09:58 PM
"In 1994, representatives of Amnesty International toured H-Unit and released a report on the conditions for its death row prisoners. It found "the conditions under which death row prisoners are currently confined in H-Unit amount to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment in violation of international standards." Conditions cited include: prolonged confinement to windowless cells, physical cell conditions, lack of natural sunlight and fresh air, isolation, and lack of out-of-cell activities (work, social, recreational, educational)."

They are on death row why educate them it is a waste of money for sure.

bluedogok
3/21/2009, 12:14 PM
Never have been arrested, let alone spent any time in the joint. I have done some correctional institution projects like Maricopa County Jail, and an OKC Jail remodel before they decided to take part in the county jail. There are specially made fixtures for correctional and high vandalism use.

Bobrick B-942 Vandal-Resistant Frameless Mirror (http://absupply.net/bobrick-b-942-vandal-resistant-frameless-mirror-911.aspx)