PDA

View Full Version : "Cotton Bowl Classic" ticket prices revealed

SeattleOUstudent
3/19/2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/oklahoma/stories/031809dnspotickets.420d40f.html

College football fans will soon discover that watching their favorite teams at the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium will come at a steep price.
Top ticket prices have been set at $300 for the Arkansas-Texas A&M game in October and $250 for the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. The debut college game Sept. 5 between Oklahoma and Brigham Young will cost $150 for the best seats.
Those prices apply to suites as well as the lower levels between the end zones on both sides of the field, known as club seating. The prices are set by the schools and Cotton Bowl organizers, not the Cowboys.
(http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/cowboysstadium/vitindex.html)

"At any stadium in the country, suites and club seats come at premium price," said Bill Byrne, Texas A&M's athletic director. "The design of Cowboys Stadium is unique as the best lower level seats are suites and club level seats."
Student tickets for the Oct. 3 Arkansas-A&M game are $50 for end zone seats, but other reserved seats range from $85 to $300. Season ticket prices for the Aggies' seven home games this season range from $250 for discounted, upper-level rows to $469 for suite/club seats. Individual game tickets start as low as $50. End zone club seats for the Arkansas-A&M game ($125), however, are cheaper than end zone club seats at Kyle Field ($140).
The Arkansas-A&M $300 club seat charge includes a required donation of $175 to A&M's 12th Man Foundation. Many schools require a donation on top of ticket prices.
An OU-Texas ticket for the Red River Rivalry at the Cotton Bowl in Fair Park last year cost $95. Texas and OU factor in donations to their respective athletic foundations. Texas' Longhorn Foundation members had to donate at least $150 last season to qualify for the tickets. Total cost: $245. OU makes tickets available on a points system through the Sooner Club that includes donations as a factor.
"They have a new stadium, and they think they're going to pay for it real fast because Cowboys' tickets are real expensive, too," said Scott Baima, a broker at Texas Tickets. "It seems high, but there are only so many good seats."
The Jan. 2, 2010, Cotton Bowl will be capped at about 68,000 tickets sold, said Cotton Bowl Classic president Rick Baker. From 1999 to 2008 – before the expansion of its namesake stadium in Fair Park – the bowl's average attendance was 71,632. A record 88,175 watched last January's game at $100 per ticket.
The Cotton Bowl stadium has no club seats. About 15,000 club seats and 7,000 suite tickets will be available for the 2010 Cotton Bowl Classic at $250 each. About 46,000 reserved seat tickets will be priced at $100, Baker said. Parking, set by the Cowboys, will cost $40, $15 more than last January's fee.
"From our perspective, 75 percent of the tickets are exactly what we charged last year," Baker said. "We feel that we've kept the ticket prices reasonable and what people have come to expect from our game. We set an all-time attendance record last year, so certainly the $100 a ticket wasn't scaring anyone away. We felt very comfortable charging a premium for the best seats in the stadium."
Cotton Bowl Classic officials have fielded few phone calls with fans upset at the higher ticket prices, Baker said, and the renewal rate for ticket holders has been about 80 percent. Baker called that "normal."
"Our agreement with the Cowboys will produce revenues and expenses that at the end of the day will be very similar to the arrangement we had with the City of Dallas for the Cotton Bowl stadium," Baker said. "We're trying to create value for our ticket holders, and we think that's the best setup for the stadium."
Baker added that Cotton Bowl organizers will monitor capacity year to year and may expand seating.
Ticket prices for OU-BYU range from $50 to $150. Parking will cost $38. Ticket prices will range from $49 to $99 for an OU home game in Norman this fall.
A 10 percent tax will be levied on tickets at all events at the stadium. The tax goes toward paying off stadium bonds.
Club seat tickets for Cowboys games are $340 each and reserved seats range from $59 to $125 apiece. The Cowboys season tickets also require one-time seat options from $2,000 to $150,000. A small number of seats have no seat options

oupride
3/19/2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the post.

yermom
3/20/2009, 07:04 PM
$38 to park is a raping

Hot Rod
3/20/2009, 08:58 PM
$38 to park is a raping

To counter, large soft drinks will be $1. :D

MamaMia
3/20/2009, 10:22 PM
Will there be booze?

JLEW1818
3/21/2009, 08:18 PM
there was at the texas bowl. sure there will be .

badger
3/23/2009, 08:23 AM
To counter, large soft drinks will be $1. :D

The soft drink part is $1. However, the collector commemorative cup that it comes in is $9... for a total of $10.

JLEW1818
3/23/2009, 09:59 AM
For the OU vs byu game tickets will be sold to OU season ticket holders. And if there are left overs, they will be sold to the public during May or June.

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 10:04 AM
I'll have a great seat................. right in front of my TV.

JLEW1818
3/23/2009, 12:11 PM
It can seat up 100,000 people. I don't see it selling out for OU BYU... do yall?

Maybe because it will be the first official game played....

badger
3/23/2009, 12:21 PM
If I was a Sooner transplant to Dallas and they were playing really close to home for once, I dunno, I think it might be a good game to check out.

I hope scalpers don't think they're going to get top dollar for those tickets though. Like someone said, it's 100k-pacity.

soonerfan28
3/23/2009, 01:06 PM
I bet it sells out just because it's the first game played (I think) in the new stadium.

yermom
3/23/2009, 01:10 PM
the first OU game of the season is always a rather tough ticket too

JLEW1818
3/23/2009, 02:01 PM
should be able to find some decent ones under $ 100 ?

TAFBSooner
5/8/2009, 08:36 PM
I ordered the $150 tickets, and just got an e-mail that due to high demand yada yada, I would be getting the $80 end zone seats.

Has anybody found some sort of bus to the stadium? Either a complete tour package, or just a ride from local hotels to the stadium?

Sooner24
5/8/2009, 10:53 PM
I am afraid that I will probably just watch this one at home and let someone else help pay off Jerry World.

SoonerShark
5/8/2009, 11:07 PM
Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath. John 18:11

It is time to put the things of this world away and quit paying multiple hundreds of dollars for events like this. Let's toss the money changers from the temple and let Jerry and Bob and Mack and whomever play in front of 20 people. Quit paying more than $40 for a ticket to anything. Fleetwood Mac in Tulsa was $150 or so plus handling charges. The Eagles were $185. Some of the U2 tickets in Norman are $250 plus costs of handling. Quit paying tributes to greed. Get out the B&D Powerdriver and screw 'em. The infinite greed is wearing thin. Say goodnight, Gracie.

SoonerShark
5/8/2009, 11:10 PM
Let Thimble Duck Jerry pay for his stadium with a paper route.

Extra Point
5/9/2009, 02:03 AM
It can seat up 100,000 people. I don't see it selling out for OU BYU... do yall?

Maybe because it will be the first official game played....

The only 100k setup for football is going to be the Super Bowl. IIRC, the college game setup is 80k.

JLEW1818
5/9/2009, 02:52 AM
The only 100k setup for football is going to be the Super Bowl. IIRC, the college game setup is 80k.

Thanks for the update.

Extra Point
5/9/2009, 05:13 AM
How does the OU/BYU payout work for both schools? Just curious since the tickets are much lower than the AR/aTm game.

FWIW, the payout for AR/aTm is a guaranteed $5MM to each school per year. Splitting a minimum $100MM over 10 years is nice, but neither fan base is very happy about paying $300 for a decent seat (end zone to end zone lower bowl sections). I thought the prices would be the same as the OU/BYU game (i.e. max $150). $85/$125/$300 is pretty steep when you can go watch Arkansas play @Florida, @Alabama, @LSU or @Ole Miss for no more than $55 face value this season.

auto
5/9/2009, 10:44 AM
I live in Dallas, and will not be driving to that hell hole Arlington. Giving Jerral one dime of my money is not going to happen. I will drive to Norman, KC, Fly to Seattle, San Antonio, Michigan, before I step foot in that stadium.

jbbe450
5/9/2009, 10:46 AM

It is time to put the things of this world away and quit paying multiple hundreds of dollars for events like this. Let's toss the money changers from the temple and let Jerry and Bob and *Mack* and whomever play in front of 20 people. Quit paying more than $40 for a ticket to anything. Fleetwood Mac in Tulsa was $150 or so plus handling charges. The Eagles were $185. Some of the U2 tickets in Norman are $250 plus costs of handling. Quit paying tributes to greed. Get out the B&D Powerdriver and screw 'em. The infinite greed is wearing thin. Say goodnight, Gracie.

I agree with this. I'm boycotting it because first, we give up a home game. Second, my season ticket prices didn't go down in price. Third, I'm not going to contribute to Dallas/F.W. economy ANOTHER time. And last but not least, it hurts Norman's merchants for an unnecessary ghost town Saturday.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/9/2009, 11:17 AM

It is time to put the things of this world away and quit paying multiple hundreds of dollars for events like this. Let's toss the money changers from the temple and let Jerry and Bob and *Mack* and whomever play in front of 20 people. Quit paying more than $40 for a ticket to anything. Fleetwood Mac in Tulsa was $150 or so plus handling charges. The Eagles were $185. Some of the U2 tickets in Norman are $250 plus costs of handling. Quit paying tributes to greed. Get out the B&D Powerdriver and screw 'em. The infinite greed is wearing thin. Say goodnight, Gracie.

There's this thing called capitalism. Heard of it? If you don't like it go live in a third world country and leave us to enjoy our luxuries.

JLEW1818
5/9/2009, 12:33 PM
Still get 6 homes games, just like last year.

Dallas
5/12/2009, 03:46 PM
Here is a youtube video of the new 50 yard jumbotron in HD at the new Cowboys Stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1smBwwIBY

Sooner24
5/13/2009, 05:16 PM
I agree with this. I'm boycotting it because first, we give up a home game. Second, my season ticket prices didn't go down in price. Third, I'm not going to contribute to Dallas/F.W. economy ANOTHER time. And last but not least, it hurts Norman's merchants for an unnecessary ghost town Saturday.

How do you figure we gave up a home game to play this game?

JLEW1818
5/13/2009, 05:23 PM
How do you figure we gave up a home game to play this game?

If we were to play BYU at home, we would have 7 home games. Typically now days, we will play 4 non conference games, 3 home, 1 away. Last year we played 4.5 Conference road games (ut in dallas). This year (2009) we only play 3.5 conference road games. Which include @Nebraska, @Kansas, @ Tech and a neutral game with Texas. So technically we could have scheduled an extra non conference home game instead of it being neutral. But I really like it how it is. The neutral game will help, strength of schedule wise.

So,

6 home games
4 Road games
2 Neutral games

me like

Sooner24
5/13/2009, 05:28 PM
If we were to play BYU at home, we would have 7 home games. Typically now days, we will play 4 non conference games, 3 home, 1 away. Last year we played 4.5 Conference road games (ut in dallas). This year (2009) we only play 3.5 conference road games. Which include @Nebraska, @Kansas, @ Tech and a neutral game with *Texas*. So technically we could have schedule an extra non conference home game instead of it being neutral. But I really like it how it is. The neutral game will help, strength of schedule wise.

Who's to say we would have played a game at home? If so it would have been some directional school that would have been a glorified exhibition game. That being said not playing the game against BYU in no way insured we would have a home game.

JLEW1818
5/13/2009, 05:31 PM
Who's to say we would have played a game at home? If so it would have been some directional school that would have been a glorified exhibition game. That being said not playing the game against BYU in no way insured we would have a home game.

I didn't want another home game. I like the Neutral game, or another road game. Sure it would be great to have 7 home games, but thats testing it. 6 is a good number. half our games. BYU will be fun, its labor day weekend too.