PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler

boomersooner28
3/19/2009, 10:54 AM
Is it just me, or does Cutler seem like a spoiled whiny little b*tch?

Thoughts?

badger
3/19/2009, 12:10 PM
I think it's funny because I don't think he's not even that good of a QB.

Pro Bowl (where he got prank tossed into a pool by REAL pro bowlers) aside, where he was just a reserve anyway, his three years in Denver resulting in no playoff appearances. You can have all the individual stats in the world, but if your team is not successful (Starting records: 2-3 in 2006, 7-9 in 2007, 8-8 in 2008), you are not a good leader, which a quarterback should be.

I know that we should all bow down before the greatness that is SEC football (gag), but his team's best record under him at Vandy was 5-6.

No wonder Denver was trying to trade his arse away. It's probably better for him to go elsewhere anyway. If his new team's unsuccessful at wherever he lands next, no excuses.

As for being a spoiled, whiny little b*tch, I might turn into one too if I was (a) from a rich private school on the coastal elitist east coast, (b) made millions of dollars to play a game, and (c) was always stuck on the losing side.

Seriously, let him walk. Trade him away. Get what you can for him.

King Crimson
3/20/2009, 01:50 PM
Bronco fans are hating on the guy 24/7 here in Denver.

badger
3/20/2009, 06:03 PM
Bronco fans are hating on the guy 24/7 here in Denver.

Much like us Packer fans have trouble letting go of Brett Favre, would it be fair to say that Denver is still waiting on their next John Elway?

Scott D
3/21/2009, 08:15 PM
seems like the AFC version of Aaron Rodgers to me..spot on assessment Baj ;)

8timechamps
3/26/2009, 05:09 PM
There is a lot going on behind the scenes that most don't know. For instance, McDaniel brought in Chris Simms and paid him more than the current, all pro QB. That would make me whine.

Anyway, Cuter is a very good QB, with the talent to be great. You don't make the pro-bowl if you're not very good.

Either way, McDaniel has made his job much harder. In this town, they'll be calling for his head if he starts out 0-2.

At first, I was thinking Jay needed to shut his yap and play football. Now, I think this is all McDaniel's problem and he brought this all on himself.

Scott D
3/27/2009, 01:16 PM
Just because I can...Kiper said that Cutler was a stretch as a pick as high as he went, and he slobbered all over Leinart.

Which one has been more successful? :)

8timechamps
3/27/2009, 09:48 PM
Just because I can...Kiper said that Cutler was a stretch as a pick as high as he went, and he slobbered all over Leinart.

Which one has been more successful? :)

Exactly. They only keep Kiper around for his hair.

Scott D
3/28/2009, 03:03 PM
That and ESPN tries to corner the market on Loud guys with clear biases that blow up in their faces for every sport.

Breadburner
4/1/2009, 09:08 PM
Rumored to be going to the Vikings.....

IBleedCrimson
4/2/2009, 04:52 PM
nope the bears

Salt City Sooner
4/2/2009, 04:54 PM
Cutler + a 3rd rounder to the Bears for Orton + 2 first rounders:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

boomersooner28
4/2/2009, 04:55 PM
Cutler in Chicago. 2 of my good friends are Bears fans and they are probably peeing on themselves right now. I really can't stand the Bears anyhow and now I REALLY don't like them because of Cutler. I think he's a punk.

badger
4/2/2009, 04:58 PM
I say punish him by sending him to the Lions.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2009, 09:39 PM
I really can't stand the Bears anyhow .

*middle finger* excuse me...i have some airlines tickets to buy. i must meet some *ahem* people in chicago for a business meeting. if news breaks out that something happened to one of the management team, disregard this message...

stoops the eternal pimp
4/2/2009, 09:41 PM
There is a lot going on behind the scenes that most don't know. For instance, McDaniel brought in Chris Simms and paid him more than the current, all pro QB. That would make me whine.

Anyway, Cuter is a very good QB, with the talent to be great. You don't make the pro-bowl if you're not very good.

Either way, McDaniel has made his job much harder. In this town, they'll be calling for his head if he starts out 0-2.

At first, I was thinking Jay needed to shut his yap and play football. Now, I think this is all McDaniel's problem and he brought this all on himself.

didnt vince young make a pro bowl?

tommieharris91
4/2/2009, 10:09 PM
Cutler in Chicago. 2 of my good friends are Bears fans and they are probably peeing on themselves right now. I really can't stand the Bears anyhow and now I REALLY don't like them because of Cutler. I think he's a punk.

There's a pee stain on my jeans now.

soonerinabilene
4/3/2009, 06:51 PM
If I was a 26 year old qb who was being groomed to be face of the franchise, and they fired my coach and then went behind my back trying to trade for another qb was a backup for the last 6 years of his life including college, I would be mad, too. I dont think he's whiny. I think he felt like he just couldnt trust his management anymore. I think the Bears came out pretty good on the deal.

Collier11
4/3/2009, 10:02 PM
seems like the AFC version of Aaron Rodgers to me..spot on assessment Baj ;)

Except that Rodgers isnt a little baby

Cutler made $6.4 mil last year and will make more this year, Simms made $1.05 mil last year and is not making more than cutler this year

Some would argue that TRRW made the last 3 of his 5 pro bowls without being very good. The pro bowl is much like the all star game in baseball, doesnt mean much. Look at the all-pro teams for the awards that matter

This was both of them but Cutler made it worse by far. Do you see Jason Campbell throwing a hissy fit? He was rumored to be traded for Cutler early on and he was the Redskins 1st rounder not long ago

If I was a 26 year old qb who was being groomed to be face of the franchise, and they fired my coach and then went behind my back trying to trade for another qb was a backup for the last 6 years of his life including college, I would be mad, too. I dont think he's whiny. I think he felt like he just couldnt trust his management anymore. I think the Bears came out pretty good on the deal.

It is a business unfortunately, you have to deal with it. If your boss was going behind the scenes trying to bring someone else on there isnt anything you could do about it, atleast he is lucky enough that he can throw a tantrum and it get him somewhere

Mjcpr
4/3/2009, 10:23 PM
As for being a spoiled, whiny little b*tch, I might turn into one too if I was (a) from a rich private school on the coastal elitist east coast, (b) made millions of dollars to play a game, and (c) was always stuck on the losing side.

Coastal elitist east coast?

:confused:

Scott D
4/4/2009, 08:30 AM

You know that Tennessee has one of the biggest coastlines in the country ;)

Scott D
4/4/2009, 08:43 AM
Except Collier, Rodgers did throw a few mini hissy fits about being "stuck" behind Favre, after his hissy fit about falling to 20th in the draft.

Collier11
4/4/2009, 11:57 AM
I thought Favre was the one who was kinda testy about it in the beginning, saying something to the affect of "I dont have to teach anyone anything"

Scott D
4/4/2009, 11:59 AM
I thought Favre was the one who was kinda testy about it in the beginning, saying something to the affect of "I dont have to teach anyone anything"

Both were kind of standoffish about it in the beginning. But, regardless, when I was making the comparison it was more to the reference that both QB's play(ed) for prestigious franchises were heralded as the QB of the future, and neither has accomplished much. :)

8timechamps
4/6/2009, 02:33 AM
I know what has been "reported" as contract income by Jay Cutler, and I also know there is a major contract/cap negotiation with Simms. I can assure you that Chrissy was slated to make more this season than Cutler.

If there is anyone out there (not picking on you Collier) that thinks Jay Cutler is not a top notch NFL QB (one of what, six or seven on the planet), then you have little clue how good he really is. Unfortunately, living here, we get over-exposed to how good (or bad) the Broncos QB is playing. He is a very gifted, very good NFLQB with a big time arm, good head for the game and mobility. If you watch one minute of Cutler playing QB, and then watched one minute of Vince Young playing QB, you'd laugh. VY had one decent year. Cutler continued to thrive on a team with no running backs, one solid WR and a 'has-been' O-line.

I know how Ferris Bueller this sounds, but my neighbor is the sister of Cutlers manager. I've heard some things that really made me take a look at what might be going on with the Broncos. And how they could be screwing up. Well, they did. Even Elway came out and said the Broncos made a bad move in trading Cutler.

The Broncos (and more specifically, Josh McDaniel) have turned the organization upside down...we'll see if it was the right thing to do.

As far as I'm concerned, the Bronco's screwed themselves on the trade. If you're a Bears fan, you should be jumping for joy.

NOTE I will be pulling for the Broncos to lose every game this season, so that we will have first pick next year...if the Broncos can somehow manage to get Sam next year, that would be pretty sweet.

Collier11
4/6/2009, 08:46 AM
If there is anyone out there that thinks Jay Cutler is not a top notch NFL QB (one of what, six or seven on the planet), then you have little clue how good he really is. .

Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Chad Pennington, Carson Palmer, Matt Hassleback, Philip Rivers, McNabb, Delhomme are all better or just as good as Cutler with Cassel and Rodgers being close based off of one year.

Remember, we arent looking at just stats. Im not saying Cutler isnt good or has the potential to be really good but in the NFL you arent considered a good qb unless you can lead your team to the playoffs.

I would place him firmly between 8-12 probably with the potential to move way up or down based off of the next cpl years with the Bears

8timechamps
4/6/2009, 09:03 AM
I look at it this way, Cutler had nothing to work with last season except one decent WR (Brandon Marshall...who had a great habit of putting the ball on the ground after a clutch grab). Arguably one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL (save Ryan Clady), and NO running game. We didn't start the same guy at RB more than 3 or 4 consecutive games.

Not to mention the horrid defense we put on the field last season. Which, without looking it up, probably finished close to the bottom, if not last, in most major defensive stats.

Cutler, even with all of that, kept the Broncos in the playoff hunt until the last game of the regular season.

I've watched every snap Cutler has taken in the NFL. He, like any young QB, has made some poor decisions and thrown into double coverage, or thrown a pick instead of taking a sack. However, Cutler has made more plays on his own, in the pocket or on the run, that single handedly won games, or at least kept us in them.

Right now, Cutler has the strongest arm in the NFL. He is also quite a bit more moble than most of the QBs you listed.

From what I know of Cutler and the QBs you've mentioned, I'd have no problem in saying that Cutler is better than Pennington, Hassleback, McNabb (now, not 3 years ago McNabb), Cassel and Rodgers.

Is he an "elite" qb in the NFL? Not yet. Until he can lead a team to the post season, I wouldn't put him in the same league as a Manning (either) or a Brady, but he has all of the tools to be there.

Keep in mind that the Bears traded 2 first round and 2 second round picks PLUS a (mediocre) QB to get him. John Elway himself said that it still wasn't enough.

I may be wrong, he may go south in Chicago. But, I have a feeling he'll be a pro-bowl QB in Chicago for years to come.

Maybe some of it is sour grapes on my part, but I cannot stand Josh McDaniel (Bill Belichick Jr....hoodie and all).

badger
4/10/2009, 11:16 AM

That phrase should have been your first cue that I was joking around... but in all seriousness, all quarterbacks are mediocre in comparison to King Brett, the Fourth. All hail, Favre the Magnificent. Cutler, the minion of Chicago, shall bow before all that is great in the Bay of Green... bay. He is unworthy of such magnificence that for years ruled the NFC North and with his crusade to the coastal elitism of the east coast, the conference has not had that same level of respect nationally.

ALL HAIL FAVRE!

(haha, now you can't tell at all if I'm joking or being serious, can you?)