PDA

View Full Version : BYU players talking about OU game..

boomermagic
3/18/2009, 10:56 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-8-83/BYU-players-already-talking-about-OU-opener.html

schlanker
3/18/2009, 11:16 AM
38 bucks to park. Jerry is one greedy bastard

Lott's Bandana
3/18/2009, 11:17 AM
Gee, you mean football players are at practice talking about their next game? Award-winning journalism that. :P

I got my ticket information in the mail. I'm actually surprised they don't cost more.

My hotel is right across the street. Save the $38 buckos for more beers.

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 12:46 PM
hope its a night game. I'm sure gameday will be there since its a new stadium.

soonerfan28
3/18/2009, 12:49 PM
They want to skip the spring game to work on the Sooners. It still won't be enough. They lose 4 starters on the o-line. Damn it'll be fun to watch McCoy, English, Taylor, Alexander and whoever else is in that rotation. They're gonna be in the backfield all day.

OUDoc
3/18/2009, 01:25 PM
I see the BYU fans have found the article.

Let's go Cougs!

Anyone else remember the 2006 opener? OU lost to TCU at home. Why is this relevant? The game before, OU got blasted in the NC game at the Orange Bowl... History repeat?

The entire defense may be back for OU, but they always suck. The offense returns Sam Bradford, but some of his linemen and receivers are long gone.

BYU UPSET ALERT!

BYU will beat OU 24-17 @ Jerrys World!!! SOONERS suck!!!

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 01:28 PM
They do get their QB, RB, WR, TE back... but still. We are going to beat them on the field, and i might beat a couple in the stands.

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2009, 01:40 PM
Their Cheerleaders are getting really excited about the game. (My apollogies to the Hublers);)

http://www.trashdispatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/polygamist-wives.jpg

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 01:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHa

Scott D
3/18/2009, 01:44 PM
I see the BYU fans have found the article.

Apparently they got blasted in the Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl, so both schools should be on equal footing. (Noting that a 10 point loss means you were blasted).

Not to mention their 32-7 loss to TCU last season ;)

KantoSooner
3/18/2009, 02:12 PM
Some teams you like to play.
Some teams you like to hate.
Some teams just need a Roy D. Mercer azz whuppin' on general principle. BYU is in the latter category.

OPSEC
3/18/2009, 02:37 PM
Some teams you like to play.
Some teams you like to hate.
Some teams just need a Roy D. Mercer azz whuppin' on general principle. BYU is in the latter category.

Especially.....if they keep talking like that!!

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 03:00 PM
Oklahoma -17

That is my spread prediction for the game, giving nothing major happens over the summer.

oupride
3/18/2009, 03:22 PM
Yes, I remeber the 2006 opener: OU 24 - UAB 17, and why is that revelant?

OUDoc
3/18/2009, 03:37 PM
38 bucks to park. Jerry is one greedy bastard

For $30 I could pay someone to drive my car in circles for 4 hours.

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 03:45 PM
Yes, I remeber the 2006 opener: OU 24 - UAB 17, and why is that revelant?

hahaha yep, i just now realized that.

bluedogok
3/18/2009, 07:45 PM
Apparently they got blasted in the Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl, so both schools should be on equal footing. (Noting that a 10 point loss means you were blasted).

Not to mention their 32-7 loss to TCU last season ;)
Remember, ANY OU loss is a blowout in the national mind.....

ouleaf
3/18/2009, 09:05 PM
#

DuaneXC (3/18/2009 at 1:29 PM)

Bob Stools is an arrogant f.ck. He houses this belief that the teams from the non-BCS leagues cannot compete with the teams from the BCS leagues despite the fact that they do regularly and win (see TCU twice in Norman). I don't think BYU is going to win but, his attitude will translate into minimal preparation for a so-called inferior opponent giving BYU a decent shot. BYU has won far bigger games than this in the past as well...

Too bad BYU's not playing Texas. There's a well coached football program with some history!

Wow....just wow. what an idiot.

We will win this game handily. The only scenario in which BYU might stick around for part of the game is if we make mistakes and beat ourselves.

Scott D
3/19/2009, 04:23 AM
Wow....just wow. what an idiot.

We will win this game handily. The only scenario in which BYU might stick around for part of the game is if we make mistakes and beat ourselves.

that's probably a texas fan in disguise that is pissed that we're christening JerryWorld and not his beloved whorns.

BoomerJack
3/19/2009, 11:06 AM
BYU fans. They will go to Dallas with a copy of the Ten Commandments in one hand and a $100 bill in the other and they won't break any of them.

illinisooner
3/19/2009, 11:24 AM
BYU fans won't be concerned about the high cost of parking, they'll just tie their bikes up to the nearest tree!

RedstickSooner
3/19/2009, 01:45 PM
BYU fans. They will go to Dallas with a copy of the Ten Commandments in one hand and a $100 bill in the other and they won't break any of them.

I thought they had 15, once you added in the ones from the golden discs?

NMSooner'80
3/19/2009, 02:02 PM

That's also true when they go to the Mountain West basketball tournament in Vegas.

One time I went to a game out here in Albuquerque when BYU played (and had Steve Young as its QB). Someone hoisted a sign that read, "Eat, Drink and Be Merry; for Tomorrow You May Find Yourself in Utah."

Widescreen
3/20/2009, 01:54 AM
DuaneXC (3/18/2009 at 1:29 PM)

Too bad BYU's not playing Texas. There's a well coached football program with some history!
LOL.

7 national championships > 4 national championships
6 Big 12 championships > 2 Big 12 Championship
5 Heisman winners > 2 Heisman winners

DMAFB_Sooner08
3/21/2009, 12:10 PM
LOL.

7 national championships > 4 national championships
6 Big 12 championships > 2 Big 12 Championship
5 Heisman winners > 2 Heisman winners

You cant throw up crazy numbers like this at these kinds of people...it just makes too much sense!

bonkuba
3/22/2009, 09:16 PM
Even though I will be there and spending the $$....I think it really SUCKS that we have to pay extra for this game....why can't it be at home? I could care less about Jerry's world to be honest.

I would love to say screw it....but I can't pass up an opp to see the Sooners. So now my 4 season tix are around $2k (with Sooner Club). Add another $500 for RV parking.....then add $50 to $80 a piece for this game that should be in Norman....not to mention the parking for Jerry's world.

Oh well it's only money right?? :D

I hope this game location doesn't become a habit (other than Big 12 game of course!!!).

fadada1
3/22/2009, 09:51 PM
You cant throw up crazy numbers like this at these kinds of people...it just makes too much sense!

bama - 549 national championships
byu - 549 wives

i got nuthin'

soonerhubs
3/23/2009, 04:00 PM
Before everyone turns this into a whole sale "let's make fun of Mormons" thread. Let us not forget a certain former Sooner 1st team All-Big 12 defensive end from 2006 who may be offended by pictures and/or jokes you post. I'm all for mocking BYU sports. By all means lets laugh about the fact that they give funny looks to people with beards on their campus, and lets talk about the fact that a large number of them live in a bubble. Part of the joy I'll get out of this game involves my Father-in-laws enmity towards The King and love of the Y. However, how about we keep the polygamist jokes for the South Oval, or at least something to mess around with on game week?
Here's an interesting fact: CJ's brother Matt plays linebacker for BYU. We may here Ah You's name, but I hope not too much.

picasso
3/24/2009, 01:01 PM
We may here Ah You's name, but I hope not too much.
I think we'll be hearing more O U's.

Scott D
3/24/2009, 03:32 PM
ima be mad if hubler won't let me make Willard jokes anywhere I want.

soonerhubs
3/24/2009, 05:14 PM
ima be mad if hubler won't let me make Willard jokes anywhere I want.

Good ole Willard Romney eh? :D

Folks... our Sooners better step it up so we can tie the series record, right?

Blitzkrieg
3/25/2009, 09:44 AM
BYU players talking about the game. Redshirt freshman Tight End Ephraim Johnson said "I told my wife of 6 years Elyisheba that I thought we would match up well with The English. Then my other wife Shelomiyth pointed out that they lost 4 O-line starters, much to my dismay. I told the jezebel if I catch her watching television ever again I'd kill her and bury her in a shallow grave.