PDA

View Full Version : Pres Obama picks Syracuse over the Sooners

jthomasou78
3/18/2009, 05:23 AM
And he dogs us while doing it. we are the only team that is named in the little clip

Its on ESPN.com

bringit
3/18/2009, 05:45 AM
I did too :/

Jacie
3/18/2009, 09:05 AM
If the Big O and everyone else thinks Syracuse is so good, I suggest some lite reading . . .

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AlbcmTe0csIgxkNes_rDN7LevbYF?slug=dw-tourneypicks031709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

BillyBall
3/18/2009, 09:58 AM
He didn't win a county in Oklahoma, he's bitter...

SoonersEnFuego
3/18/2009, 10:08 AM
"Oklahoma plays, like, 7 guys..."

Hmm,
1. Blake Griffin
2. Taylor Griffin
3. Willie Warren
4. Austin Johnson
5. Tony Crocker
6. Cade Davis
7. Juan Pattillo
8. Ryan Wright
9. Omar Leary

Close...

colleyvillesooner
3/18/2009, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure Katz fed him that nugget two seconds before the camera's rolled.

I wouldn't want him having enough time to know that. :D

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2009, 11:41 AM
Yet another thing he and I agree on.

JLEW1818
3/18/2009, 01:22 PM
shoot yall the ones who voted for him..

KC//CRIMSON
3/18/2009, 02:03 PM
Yet another thing he and I agree on.

Ditto.

Unless of course we get downed before then.

IronHorseSooner
3/18/2009, 05:49 PM
As the resident SU alum, the Prez has it backwards. As stated, OU plays 9. SU plays 7: Flynn, Devendorf, Rautins, Harris, Ongenaet, Jackson, and Onawaku. The reason given was just ignorant- that WE (OU) would wear down?!?!? SU just played 7 overtimes in two days, and their legs just about came off in the second half of the Louisville game. As well, SU has a history of long runs in the Big East Tourney and then bowing out early. Goodness, I hope the Prez does more research with the nation's economy.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2009, 11:52 PM
Another reason to not be liking Obama... IMO ;)

oumartin
3/18/2009, 11:56 PM
just shows he's almost as ignorant as his wife

LiveLaughLove
3/19/2009, 03:03 PM
It's not his fault. His teleprompter told him to say it!

The "Big O" couldnt even start in HS....in that bedrock of stellar basketball, Hawaii!

That all star lineup of Lenin, Castro, Chavez, Mao, and Minh are a tough nut to crack...but he's tryin'! :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/19/2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah...correction..his teleprompter did. He picked the insurgents in Iraq too. ;)

LiveLaughLove
3/20/2009, 12:41 AM
It appears the big o went 11-5 on his bracket. Blasted teleprompters, evidently they cant pick brackets either! :rolleyes:

SoonerBacker
3/20/2009, 12:55 AM
Another reason to not be liking Obama... IMO ;)

Ditto

TopDawg
3/20/2009, 08:46 AM
Oh yeah? Well Bush called in the hit on Blake down in Austin.

http://blogs.jta.org/images/archive/bush_longhorn.jpg

TopDawg
3/20/2009, 09:00 AM
As the resident SU alum, the Prez has it backwards. As stated, OU plays 9. SU plays 7: Flynn, Devendorf, Rautins, Harris, Ongenaet, Jackson, and Onawaku.

If "OU plays 9" then Syracuse also plays 9. Their ninth averages more minutes per game than our ninth.

Oklahoma Minutes Per Game:

1) B. Griffin - 33.0
2) W. Warren - 30.9
3) A. Johnson - 30.8
4) T. Griffin - 29.4
5) T. Crocker - 28.8
6) J. Pattillo - 16.1
7) C. Davis - 15.5
8) O. Leary - 10.2
9) R. Wright - 8.6

Syracuse Minutes Per Game:
1) J. Flynn - 37.2
2) E. Devendorf - 33.5
3) P. Harris - 30.9
4) A. Rautins - 28.5
5) A. Onuaku - 26.9
6) R. Jackson - 21.6
7) K. Ongenaet - 15.6
8) K. Joseph - 13.8
9) M. Jones - 9.9

Jello Biafra
3/20/2009, 09:43 AM
i dont give a fugg..he has two jobs to do right now and bracketology and fixing the BCS aren't either of them if you smellin what im cookin....

IronHorseSooner
3/20/2009, 10:00 AM
If "OU plays 9" then Syracuse also plays 9. Their ninth averages more minutes per game than our ninth.

Oklahoma Minutes Per Game:

1) B. Griffin - 33.0
2) W. Warren - 30.9
3) A. Johnson - 30.8
4) T. Griffin - 29.4
5) T. Crocker - 28.8
6) J. Pattillo - 16.1
7) C. Davis - 15.5
8) O. Leary - 10.2
9) R. Wright - 8.6

Syracuse Minutes Per Game:
1) J. Flynn - 37.2
2) E. Devendorf - 33.5
3) P. Harris - 30.9
4) A. Rautins - 28.5
5) A. Onuaku - 26.9
6) R. Jackson - 21.6
7) K. Ongenaet - 15.6
8) K. Joseph - 13.8
9) M. Jones - 9.9

Let me clarify that down the stretch, SU has played only about 7 guys. Joseph and Jones are both rarely used guys, and Jones is a walk-on. Joseph young and really inexperienced guy. It would be like putting Beau Gerber and Ray Willis into the rotation. Due to Blake's injury and AJ's back, we've had to go to 9 guys. Whereas Syracuse MIGHT play 9 guys, their rotation is 7 scholarship and experienced guys. I feel much more comfortable going with Wright and Omar, than going with what SU has after Ongenaet and Rautins. My in-laws, who have been SU season ticket holders for 25 years, and other local Syracuse folks agree with that assessment and were shocked that they were able to hold UCONN off for that long. If it's a battle of benches, OU wins.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 10:20 AM
I'm looking foward to all the posts of contrition that will come flooding in from all you naysayers, once the scoreboard clock hits 0 next week.

It's one thing to offer constructive critism, but some of you seem to WANT OU to get beat.

But, from the looks of things over at ESPN, Capel will have his pick of bulletin board material for the next few games; let's just hope some of you can get positive about our chances come Saturday, and especially next week.

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2009, 11:03 AM
And he dogs us while doing it. we are the only team that is named in the little clip

Its on ESPN.com

Considering Oklahoma was 100% red, he could have made it worse.

TopDawg
3/20/2009, 11:45 AM
Let me clarify that down the stretch, SU has played only about 7 guys.

Yeah, you're right. I get what you're saying. Our rotation has changed lately...those minutes per game for Omar are probably higher over the past month than they were before. And even though Jones averages more minutes than Wright, he's only played in 9 games. Down the stretch, 'Cuse has relied mostly on 7 guys, but if you're talking about players we RELY on, I don't think our list goes much farther than 7.

If you look at the close games (where there's no mop-up time and you want your best players on the court as much as possible), it seems like Syracuse has 7 players who get significant minutes and we have 8.

So Obama was off by 1 and you're right that we've probably got more experience from our bench. However, Syracuse has the advantage of being more balanced. We have 2 guys who average double digits in scoring (plus Taylor, who's at 9.9), but Syracuse has 5. In other words, if we're using our superior depth to replace Willie and Blake, we're probably worse off than if Syracuse is using their inferior depth to replace any 3 of their starters.

At any rate, it's still too early to be talking about that stuff though. Both teams have some business to take care of.

IronHorseSooner
3/20/2009, 02:42 PM
At any rate, it's still too early to be talking about that stuff though. Both teams have some business to take care of.

Very true. If and when it does happen, it will make a very interesting situation in my house. My wife doesn't follow anything with sports at all, unless it is SU basketball. That will give us about 4 days of another thing to disagree about. :D My father-in-law had the audacity to ask me who I would root for if they do play. I told him that even though I am an SU alum, and married into an SU family, that I will always be first and foremost a Sooner!

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 02:50 PM
Heh. HOW DARE HE PICK A TEAM THAT PLAYS A 2-3 ZONE OVER A TEAM WITH SPOTTY 3pt SHOOTING WHOSE LEADING SCORER IS A POST PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 03:08 PM
I'm looking foward to all the posts of contrition that will come flooding in from all you naysayers, once the scoreboard clock hits 0 next week.

It's one thing to offer constructive critism, but some of you seem to WANT OU to get beat.

But, from the looks of things over at ESPN, Capel will have his pick of bulletin board material for the next few games; let's just hope some of you can get positive about our chances come Saturday, and especially next week.

Because otherwise I'm sure it'll drag the team down. I hear they spend a lot of time on here reading what we post.

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 03:29 PM
They totally do, you know. For example, my real name is Ray Willis.

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 03:32 PM
Right....and I'm really....er....Blake Griffin, yeah that's the ticket, I'm Blake Griffin.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 03:41 PM
Heh. HOW DARE HE PICK A TEAM THAT PLAYS A 2-3 ZONE OVER A TEAM WITH SPOTTY 3pt SHOOTING WHOSE LEADING SCORER IS A POST PLAYER?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe because that "post player" is the (most likely) unanimous player of the year; most teams who employ the 2-3 couldn't stop Blake with an extra man.

And exactly how is having faith in OU's ability to beat Syracuse any different than believing in the football team's chances against Florida? I don't seem to recall so many naysayers when all the pundits were giving OU little to no chance in that game, yet here we are, in a similar situation (albeit a different sport), and a good amount of you can't seem to show any positivity towards what the OU men's BBall team has accomplished to this point.

No wonder Capel talks smack on the fanbase; if I had to put up with that kind of double-standard coming from fans who should at least pretend to be supportive of me and my team, then I would be a little miffed too.

And before anyone misrepresents my post, I understand the difference between cautious optimism and blind faith; OU has shown the ability to be a team that can compete with anyone in the country when they play well, and they have shown the ability to be a team that plays horrible as well. I simply choose to believe that, when push comes to shove, the team from 2 months ago will show up instead of the team of the last 3 weeks.

And if that happens, someone better warn Tyler Hansborough that the guy who's pajammas he wears is going to stomp his @$$ come elite 8 time.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 03:47 PM
Because otherwise I'm sure it'll drag the team down. I hear they spend a lot of time on here reading what we post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seemed to be a moratorium on any questioning the OU football team's ability to win the NC against Florida; regardless of how accurate a poster's comment regarding a weakness in OU's team seemed to be.

Is it really so much to ask that you try to be consistant with your optimism for OU in a different sport?

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe because that "post player" is the (most likely) unanimous player of the year; most teams who employ the 2-3 couldn't stop Blake with an extra man.

And exactly how is having faith in OU's ability to beat Syracuse any different than believing in the football team's chances against Florida? I don't seem to recall so many naysayers when all the pundits were giving OU little to no chance in that game, yet here we are, in a similar situation (albeit a different sport), and a good amount of you can't seem to show any positivity towards what the OU men's BBall team has accomplished to this point.

No wonder Capel talks smack on the fanbase; if I had to put up with that kind of double-standard coming from fans who should at least pretend to be supportive of me and my team, then I would be a little miffed too.

And before anyone misrepresents my post, I understand the difference between cautious optimism and blind faith; OU has shown the ability to be a team that can compete with anyone in the country when they play well, and they have shown the ability to be a team that plays horrible as well. I simply choose to believe that, when push comes to shove, the team from 2 months ago will show up instead of the team of the last 3 weeks.

And if that happens, someone better warn Tyler Hansborough that the guy who's pajammas he wears is going to stomp his @$$ come elite 8 time.

OK, you've chosen to believe the that team from 2 months ago will show up. I hope you're right. However, this team HAS shown the ability to play pretty badly at times, and calling out everyone who doesn't think they're going to magically get better all of a sudden as a bad fan frankly sucks.

Picking Syracuse over Oklahoma in a bracket doesn't mean you're a bad fan, it means that you think Syracuse is a bad matchup for Oklahoma. They are. I guess I could be johnny-blow-smoke and pick OU to win the national title in every bracket, but I prefer to base my picks on who I actually think is going to win a game, not on who I hope will win a game.

I'm not disputing that Blake Griffin is the likely Naismith winner. He's far and away the best player in college basketball. A team that plays the 2-3 WELL (and Syracuse does) is going to be very good at denying any post player the ball. Blake's an amazing player. He's not magical. He can't score if he doesn't get the ball.

Now, should OU win the game, trust me-I'm going to be really happy. I'm really happy ANY time OU wins a game. If OU loses the game, I'll be upset about it. Just because I picked Syracuse to win the game doesn't mean I WANT Syracuse to win.

Frankly, considering the President has no real reason to be an OU fan, I'm not sure why anyone in this thread would be upset at all about him making a fairly reasonable pick for us to be upset by Syracuse. It's not a completely outlandish pick at all, and if you don't get that-well, I'm sorry, but you actually DON'T understand the difference between blind homerism and cautious optimism.

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 03:55 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seemed to be a moratorium on any questioning the OU football team's ability to win the NC against Florida; regardless of how accurate a poster's comment regarding a weakness in OU's team seemed to be.

You are wrong.

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 04:01 PM

Is it really so much to ask that you try to be consistant with your optimism for OU in a different sport?

OK, you're wrong.

...and I'll be optimistic when I feel like it's called for, to do otherwise would be operating on blind faith.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 04:02 PM
You are wrong.

Then correct me. Exactly how am I wrong?

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 04:05 PM
Your post is factually incorrect. Plenty of people raised legitimate concerns about OU's defense and expressed doubts about our ability to beat Florida-jkm was beating this drum all year, in fact.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 04:07 PM
OK, you're wrong.

...and I'll be optimistic when I feel like it's called for, to do otherwise would be operating on blind faith.

Fine by me chief; just make sure you jump back on the bandwagon before it leaves for the final four.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 04:08 PM
Your post is factually incorrect. Plenty of people raised legitimate concerns about OU's defense and expressed doubts about our ability to beat Florida-jkm was beating this drum all year, in fact.

Absoultely they did. But no one ridiculed the thought of OU being able to win the game, as many are now with the BBall team.

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 04:10 PM
Fine by me chief; just make sure you jump back on the bandwagon before it leaves for the final four.

I don't ride the bandwagon, and using the term bandwagon against someone is about as weak as smack gets.

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 04:10 PM
Um, if you think I'm ridiculing the thought of OU winning vs. Syracuse, you're reading things completely wrong.

I'm ridiculing people who think that picking Syracuse is some kind of an insult or is a horrible pick.

I can't find a single post in this thread that even implies that picking OU over Syracuse is ridiculous.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 04:15 PM
Um, if you think I'm ridiculing the thought of OU winning vs. Syracuse, you're reading things completely wrong.

I'm ridiculing people who think that picking Syracuse is some kind of an insult or is a horrible pick.

Fair enough, but there does seem to be a bit of a trend developing amongst some of the posters here. If you are not one of them, I apoligize.

theresonly1OU
3/20/2009, 04:21 PM
I don't ride the bandwagon, and using the term bandwagon against someone is about as weak as smack gets.

You implied that you will not be postive about OU's chances at winning until they prove to you they deserve it. I simply stated that, hopefully when the OU bandwagon leaves for Detroit, OU will have proven to you that they deserve your respect and positivity.

How you got that I was talking smack is beyond me.

wishbonesooner
3/20/2009, 04:24 PM
Obama also picked Tom Daschel.

TopDawg
3/20/2009, 05:08 PM
My big fear is that the team from 2 months ago is, essentially, THE SAME team that showed up against KU and Missouri and OSU in the tourney...it's just that the teams we were playing 2 months ago sucked and the teams we've played lately don't. Morgan State would fall into that "suck" category. I don't think Syracuse does.

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2009, 05:36 PM
My big fear is that the team from 2 months ago is, essentially, THE SAME team that showed up against KU and Missouri and OSU in the tourney...it's just that the teams we were playing 2 months ago sucked and the teams we've played lately don't. Morgan State would fall into that "suck" category. I don't think Syracuse does.

How dare you not see this OU team in your crimson colored glasses!!

Curly Bill
3/20/2009, 05:41 PM
OU!...OU!...OU!...OU!

Call me a bandwagon fan will ya! :cool:

Eielson
3/20/2009, 06:53 PM
Just so you guys know, he originally had us losing to Clemson.

Eielson
3/20/2009, 06:57 PM

And OSU losing in the first round for you who think he hates Oklahoma.

OULenexaman
3/20/2009, 10:17 PM
Maybe Blake isn't black enough for him....

Frozen Sooner
3/20/2009, 10:21 PM

McCain had us defeating Clempson only to lose to CCNY in the Final Four.

OULenexaman
3/20/2009, 10:48 PM

and that would have been an impossible matchup.....if you think about it...because he had us set to lose to Syracuse...

KC//CRIMSON
3/20/2009, 11:10 PM
McCain had us defeating Clempson only to lose to CCNY in the Final Four.

Considering how that old fart couldn't even send an email, a NCAA bracket probably would have fried his brain.

Eielson
3/21/2009, 12:19 AM
and that would have been an impossible matchup.....if you think about it...because he had us set to lose to Syracuse...

I said originally.

crimson&cream
3/21/2009, 10:08 PM
Maybe Blake isn't black enough for him....
Now that was really stupid for Obama mother and grandmother were white, BTW his grandmother was born in small town not far from here, Peru Ks, It's 12 mile west of Caney,ks and 7 miles SE of Sedan,ks and north of Pawhuska,Ok,77 miles from Tulsa. Also, the white grandmother raised Obama, maybe you should do some research before you speak with fork tongue.

crimson&cream
3/21/2009, 10:12 PM
I have never seen such selective posting as on this thread. Not one poster mentioned that Obama also said "OU has the BB player of the year", guess that's not CRIMSON enough for you all.WOW

Curly Bill
3/21/2009, 10:22 PM
Do you like cheese with your whine?

tommieharris91
3/21/2009, 10:56 PM
OU!...OU!...OU!...OU!

Call me a bandwagon fan will ya! :cool:

Gooner bandwaggonur11111 :stunned:

tommieharris91
3/21/2009, 10:58 PM
I have never seen such selective posting as on this thread. Not one poster mentioned that Obama also said "OU has the BB player of the year", guess that's not CRIMSON enough for you all.WOW

That's because he didn't care that we did. He only focused on our short bench (which got very few minutes today).

oufan57
3/21/2009, 11:43 PM
I'm sure he feels that way, especially after he saw the election results from Oklahoma and realized that Oklahomans were the only state that every county did not buy into his Bull, with that said do you really think he would have anything positive to say about OU.... Sure makes me proud to be an Oklahoman....

Eielson
3/21/2009, 11:57 PM
Believe it or not, the reason that Blake is getting hammered is actually because Obama wants us to lose.

OUAlumni1990
3/22/2009, 12:17 AM
Well then, obama will just have to be wrong about something else. How many does that make now???

Curly Bill
3/22/2009, 12:19 AM
Well then, obama will just have to be wrong about something else. How many does that make now???

How many has there been? Count em up, and that's how many ya got. :D

Eielson
3/22/2009, 12:29 AM
Obama went 19-13 in his first round. That is awful. That would put him in a tie for 69th in our yahoo bracket. That would put 3 people (out of 72) behind him, and one of those was my mom. My mom picked North Dakota State to beat Minnesota in the Championship game.

And now that I look at it, the other two weren't even trying!

Frozen Sooner
3/22/2009, 12:30 AM
Obama went 19-13 in his first round. That is awful. That would put him in a tie for 69th in our yahoo bracket. That would put 3 people (out of 72) behind him, and one of those was my mom. My mom picked North Dakota State to beat Minnesota in the Championship game.

One of them is me, who forgot to save his picks and has a whopping 0. :D

On the other hand, he'd probably drop 11 in a row on me in one on one.

sooner59
3/22/2009, 12:38 AM
I'm glad he went 19-13....it means he isn't paying that much attention to basketball. As for Syracuse over OU, I would say that first they have to GET to the Sweet 16. Then they have to stay out of foul trouble, which is seemingly a task so far for teams against Blake. Plus Crocker was at least contributing tonight for all of the charges he drew. We are going to have to get better outside shooting by our guards though or like we have all been saying, that will be our downfall.

Eielson
3/22/2009, 12:44 AM
One of them is me, who forgot to save his picks and has a whopping 0. :D

On the other hand, he'd probably drop 11 in a row on me in one on one.

Well, I didn't count you since you didn't technically submit a bracket.

I'm not really sure where this thought of him being a stud at basketball came from. He didn't start on his high school basketball team. I don't even know if he got to play in close games.

"Oh he's awful," said MSNBC correspondent David Shuster. "All the public ever got to see were clips of the occasional play where Obama didn't look terrible. Now that the campaign is over, we in the press can finally come clean: Obama sucks at basketball."

Former Bull Chris Duhon played with Obama a few months back and agreed with Shuster.

"It's one thing to be bad, but it's another to be bad and talk like Barack," said Duhon, now with the Knicks. "He's always talking trash, hogging the ball and making his teammates call him 'Your Excellency.'

"I can't imagine how insufferable it would be to play with him now that he's the President."

There is a nasty rumor that has been circulating around Eugene, Oregon for some time now concerning the legitimacy of President Obama’s skills on the basketball court. Tom Lininger, a professor at the University of Oregon and stone cold defender of domestic violence victims, says that back when he and President-Elect Obama were in law school together at Harvard, Obama’s game was so nasty he had to cut him from his IM team.

Seriously...Obama was cut from a College Intramural basketball team.

What makes this story even sadder is that Barack didn’t go to law school until he was 27, which basically means he was at his prime playing age at that time.

And finally...

We should have realized that Obomber, his nickname on the court, was no good based on the limited video evidence from his high school days at Punahou, including only one bucket, which came on a breakaway lay-up when Obama’s squad was already up by 20. Oh yeah, and they were playing in Hawaii, which really isn’t known for producing good basketball players.

Curly Bill
3/22/2009, 12:47 AM
Look at the guy and you can tell he's no serious athlete, now or ever. He's a dork.

sooner59
3/22/2009, 01:23 AM
Look at the guy and you can tell he's no serious athlete, now or ever. He's a dork.

My gut tells me that this statement is true. And spek for the laugh it gave me.

Frozen Sooner
3/22/2009, 01:40 AM
Oh my goodness gracious I can't believe that I'm going to actually respond to that but...

He's been described as having a good "pick up" game by his brother in law, Oregon State's head coach.

He plays one-on-one constantly against Reggie Love, someone who also played at Duke (though obviously not on Duhon's level.)

Here's a direct quote from Chris Duhon:

"Yeah, I mean, not if we turned the notch up on him," Duhon said with a laugh. "He wouldn't be able to handle it. He looks like a player, he talks like a player. That's his biggest attribute, he knows what he's talking about. He's a great passer and he understands the game. For his age [47], he's not bad."

I mean, do you have a link to an actual news source claiming Duhon said the stuff above? It appears to have originated from "The Heckler," a website that's basically a sports satire site.

I'm not claiming the guy's a hoop legend. Trust me, skunking me in one-on-one isn't a major accomplishment.

meoveryouxinfinity
3/22/2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/shamikdas/pictures/Bush-football.jpg

hate on.

OUAlumni1990
3/22/2009, 11:09 AM
How many has there been? Count em up, and that's how many ya got. :D

I'm not sure I can count that high. :D

OUAlumni1990
3/22/2009, 11:11 AM

And now that I look at it, the other two weren't even trying!

LOL!!!

TopDawg
3/22/2009, 11:39 AM
Believe it or not, the reason that Blake is getting hammered is actually because Obama wants us to lose.

Nope. I already told you all the reason Blake is getting beat up. If you'll remember, the beatings started back in 2008, before Obama took over.

Oh yeah? Well Bush called in the hit on Blake down in Austin.

http://blogs.jta.org/images/archive/bush_longhorn.jpg

The reason Blake is getting beat up is because Bush is a longhorn...which is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than picking Syracuse over OU.

Eielson
3/22/2009, 06:07 PM
Oh my goodness gracious I can't believe that I'm going to actually respond to that but...

He's been described as having a good "pick up" game by his brother in law, Oregon State's head coach.

He plays one-on-one constantly against Reggie Love, someone who also played at Duke (though obviously not on Duhon's level.)

Here's a direct quote from Chris Duhon:

"Yeah, I mean, not if we turned the notch up on him," Duhon said with a laugh. "He wouldn't be able to handle it. He looks like a player, he talks like a player. That's his biggest attribute, he knows what he's talking about. He's a great passer and he understands the game. For his age [47], he's not bad."

I mean, do you have a link to an actual news source claiming Duhon said the stuff above? It appears to have originated from "The Heckler," a website that's basically a sports satire site.

I'm not claiming the guy's a hoop legend. Trust me, skunking me in one-on-one isn't a major accomplishment.

Yeah, I don't know that all those quotes came from reliable sources. I just found a few quotes from google and put them on there. I just know he didn't look too good on the videos I saw.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 06:38 PM
He didn't win a county in Oklahoma, he's bitter...

That and he's pissed at some of you in the Oval. lol

Curly Bill
3/22/2009, 06:40 PM
That and he's pissed at some of you in the Oval. lol

Good, I'll challenge the bastage to a game of hoop right here and now! :D

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 06:40 PM
Bush is a transplant whorn at that.

Frozen Sooner
3/22/2009, 06:50 PM
Wasn't Bush a cheerleader at Yale? ;)

LiveLaughLove
3/22/2009, 07:09 PM
He rode the pine in HS in Hawaii. Not exactly a hotbed of basketball.

He looks good now, because whos gonna mess with him? Hes the freaking president. Sure Mr. President drive the lane. Of Course, Mr. President I dont mind getting one jammed back in my face. Please feel free to do it again...and ask the secret service guys to kindly remove their hands from their pistol handles.

His brother in law is gonna say hes great, awesome, etc. because why not? Hes related AND hes the president.

Not that any of this matters. I do not care how good he is or is not at playing a game of basketball. Ive already seen all I need to know in the political arena to have an opinion of him where it matters.

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2009, 07:32 PM
He rode the pine in HS in Hawaii. Not exactly a hotbed of basketball.

He looks good now, because whos gonna mess with him? Hes the freaking president. Sure Mr. President drive the lane. Of Course, Mr. President I dont mind getting one jammed back in my face. Please feel free to do it again...and ask the secret service guys to kindly remove their hands from their pistol handles.

His brother in law is gonna say hes great, awesome, etc. because why not? Hes related AND hes the president.

Not that any of this matters. I do not care how good he is or is not at playing a game of basketball. Ive already seen all I need to know in the political arena to have an opinion of him where it matters.

Put the spray paint can down and slowly walk away.....

crimson&cream
3/22/2009, 11:33 PM
That's because he didn't care that we did. He only focused on our short bench (which got very few minutes today).

Obama mentioned our short bench and player of the yr all in the same sentence, so how is that focusing more on one point than the other ?.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 11:35 PM
He Monster jammed McCain. I guess he's can handle himself OK.

crimson&cream
3/22/2009, 11:37 PM
Please share when that was that Obama personally told you he "ACTUALLY" wants OU to lose. ROFLMAO

crimson&cream
3/22/2009, 11:50 PM
Refreshingly we have a Pres that follows sports, and isn't completely ignorant about it, yet many on here want to chastise,belittle, and make fun of him and his picks, and ESPN having him do it on TV because he rode the bench in HS.....so what....I'd loved to have seen Bush do the same without some backroom help, besides I'm betting many on here making fun of him never started for their HS team either.

StoopTroup
3/22/2009, 11:56 PM
I'd put Bushy on my Team. Cheney...I might have him draw up a few plays for George. He's good at that. I'd pass on Colin Powel though. I'll have no quitters on my Team!

crimson&cream
3/23/2009, 07:37 AM
I'd put Bushy on my Team. Cheney...I might have him draw up a few plays for George. He's good at that. I'd pass on Colin Powel though. I'll have no quitters on my Team!

BY the time you got halftime you'd be in debt to the other team a 1,000 points.About the way they left our economy.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 09:37 AM

All you need is Cheney. You bring the ball up court and let Cheney shoot everyone in the face.

LiveLaughLove
3/23/2009, 10:06 AM
Refreshingly we have a Pres that follows sports, and isn't completely ignorant about it

Yeah, you've got it all figured out. The guy that was a part owner of a major league baseball team doesn't know near as much about sports as the pick up basketballer. I'm sure his part of the ownership was just sitting in the sky box and looking cool. While the pick up bballer was studying basketball tactics and schemes between games. Its good to live in the land of oz and unicorns isnt it? :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, you've got it all figured out. The guy that was a part owner of a major league baseball team doesn't know near as much about sports as the pick up basketballer. I'm sure his part of the ownership was just sitting in the sky box and looking cool. While the pick up bballer was studying basketball tactics and schemes between games. Its good to live in the land of oz and unicorns isnt it? :rolleyes:

When we're talking about baseball, we'll let you know.....

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 10:20 AM
Refreshingly we have a Pres that follows sports, and isn't completely ignorant about it, yet many on here want to chastise,belittle, and make fun of him and his picks, and ESPN having him do it on TV because he rode the bench in HS.....so what....I'd loved to have seen Bush do the same without some backroom help, besides I'm betting many on here making fun of him never started for their HS team either.

Because that's exactly what we need, a president who goes on ESPN and picks basketball games.

Great.

And it's no wonder he rode the pine in HS; he didn't have a teleprompter yet.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 10:38 AM
Because that's exactly what we need, a president who goes on ESPN and picks basketball games.

Great.

And it's no wonder he rode the pine in HS; he didn't have a teleprompter yet.

grapes are sour.....

LiveLaughLove
3/23/2009, 10:51 AM
When we're talking about baseball, we'll let you know.....

What part of "pres that follows sports" was unclear to you. Im typing slowly so you can follow along at home boys and girls.

Sports is an all encompassing term that includes baseball and is not limited to basketball.

Your volley. (another sports term not limited to basketball) :pop:

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 11:01 AM
What part of "pres that follows sports" was unclear to you. Im typing slowly so you can follow along at home boys and girls.

Sports is an all encompassing term that includes baseball and is not limited to basketball.

Your volley. (another sports term not limited to basketball) :pop:

Last time I checked this thread was about Obama and the NCAA tourney, slapnuts.

That is until you and your blind ignorant rage about Obama reared it's ugly head. Good job by the way.

If you don't like your president, fine. If you don't like OU fans that are realist when it comes to our tourney chances, fine.

Just don't be a big dick about it and expect people not to say anything.

Did I type it slow enough for you?

OUmillenium
3/23/2009, 11:16 AM
NObama

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 11:20 AM
NObama

Somewhere John McCain is wiping a proud tear from his eyes......

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 11:53 AM
grapes are sour.....

Pointing out that, in one of the most economically stressful times in our history, the annointed one who was supposed to fix everything has decided that picking (horribly) teams to win a basketball tournament is more important than, I don't know, maybe finding a cabinet nominee who isn't a tax cheat, finding ways around tripling our national debt, or being smart enough to not embarass every major US ally might be better use of his time.

Maybe Jay Leno will ask him about it; I hear he's doing the late-night circuit to promote his presidency.

And Crimson, I would say it's more buyer's remorse than sour grapes, for the record.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 11:55 AM
Somewhere John McCain is wiping a proud tear from his eyes......

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/ostrich_head_in_ground_full.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 12:05 PM
Pointing out that, in one of the most economically stressful times in our history, the annointed one who was supposed to fix everything has decided that picking (horribly) teams to win a basketball tournament is more important than, I don't know, maybe finding a cabinet nominee who isn't a tax cheat, finding ways around tripling our national debt, or being smart enough to not embarass every major US ally might be better use of his time.

Maybe Jay Leno will ask him about it; I hear he's doing the late-night circuit to promote his presidency.

And Crimson, I would say it's more buyer's remorse than sour grapes, for the record.

A. He picked UNC to win the tourney. Last time I checked they're still in.
B. How dare he try and have some fun and be personable in these stressful times!
C. Kathleen Sebelius
D. He was on Leno Last week, keep up.
E. The guy has been in office for just over sixty days, inherited a *hitload of problems and you expect them to be fixed yesterday?
F. Jump to conclusion mat.

SoonerProphet
3/23/2009, 12:39 PM
The Texas Rangers sucked when Dubya "ran" them...hell the suck now.

BudSooner
3/23/2009, 12:42 PM
All you need is Cheney/Clinton. You bring the ball up court and let Cheney or Bill shoot everyone in the face.
:D

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 12:44 PM
A. He picked UNC to win the tourney. Last time I checked they're still in.
B. How dare he try and have some fun and be personable in these stressful times!
C. Kathleen Sebelius
D. He was on Leno Last week, keep up.
E. The guy has been in office for just over sixty days, inherited a *hitload of problems and you expect them to be fixed yesterday?
F. Jump to conclusion mat.

Hmmm...

A) his bracket is currently at 4% of all brackets on ESPN.com. The fact his UNC pick ( a chalk pick) is still alive in the sweet 16 is not enough to overcome that.

B) I have no problem with fun, if he were capable of getting through a week without embarassing an ally, or making fun of handicapped people.

C) So he's 1 for 6 on picking a cabinet member without a tax problem. Great. Guess you got me there.

D) Got the dates mixed up. Sorry.

E) Point taken; maybe he could, I don't know, maybe not make things worse by enacting policies that will TRIPLE our national debt? That would be nice.

F) We'd be better off with a pet rock as POTUS.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 12:49 PM
F) We'd be better off with a pet rock as POTUS.

You could always move to Canada.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 12:59 PM
You could always move to Canada.

No, unlike Alec Baldwin and all the others on the left that threatened that back in '04, I'm not an America-hating coward.

Besides, if nothing else, the US has always proven that it's always darkest (Carter) before the dawn (Reagan). I can rest assured that we'll have someone along to fix all the damage Obumble is inflicting on our nation.

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 01:05 PM
Awwww dammit! Since I've only clicked on this thread through my User CP, I didn't realize it had been moved to the South Oval. No wonder it's devolved into such craptastic posting.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 01:10 PM
Actually, I moved it specifically because it had devolved into the crapfest. It's a politics thread now.

soonerscuba
3/23/2009, 01:15 PM
Actually, I moved it specifically because it had devolved into the crapfest. It's a politics thread now.You the one locking all the dreck right now? If so, kudos.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 01:15 PM
Nope, not me. I think it's jaux.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 01:20 PM
Actually, I moved it specifically because it had devolved into the crapfest. It's a politics thread now.

You can blame the Reich-Wing for that one.

I mean, god forbid if our president was cool enough and trying to be personable by doing his brackets on television or anything.

StoopTroup
3/23/2009, 01:22 PM

Your kind of off base...

When President Bush sat on his *** in a classroom while terrorists were running planes into buildings on the East Coast...he decided to finish his little trip and not scare the kiddies.

Although I could see his point...it wasn't the right thing to do as the Leader of the Free World IMO.

Now...Obama is facing nothing near as demanding and he goes out to California and makes a side trip to be on the Leno Show before Jay leaves the Show forever and some folks think he should have been back on Air Force One doing something? As a Leader you delegate some things. Something like an attack on your Country while on the show...I'm betting President Obama would have immediately left instead of not wanting to scare us.

Watching President Bush sit there is what scared everyone.

What kills me is this also...folks like you sit there and bash him for not doing something while Republicans are saying he's going to fast.

Talk about setting a guy up to fail. Which is exactly what many of you want anyway. Be careful...you might just get what you want.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 01:31 PM
Be careful...you might just get what you want.

Of course some of them want him to fail. Because being right is what's really important.

StoopTroup
3/23/2009, 01:36 PM
Of course some of them want him to fail. Because being right is what's really important.

Just reading and listening to all of this dribble they have spewed since McCain blew his ticket up with an unknown...I think your right.

Sarah Palin might be a great Gov for Alaska but using her to try and get Hillary votes from the Dems was a huge mistake. It sank his run. It was nearly as bad a mistake as this IMO....

http://timesonline.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/20/dukakis_tank_7_2.jpg

Partial Qualifier
3/23/2009, 02:00 PM
Watching President Bush sit there is what scared everyone.

Yeah - really?? I guess I assumed the fear was caused by terrorists flying planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!

Don't kid yourself; aside from it's anectdotal value, nobody gave a damn about Bush's reaction to the news.

Sarah Palin might be a great Gov for Alaska but using her to try and get Hillary votes from the Dems was a huge mistake. It sank his run.

Like McCain had a real chance to win this election in the first place? Oh. And seriously, they thought they could win Hillary Clinton supporters with.. the Anti-Hillary??

I SEE. :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 02:08 PM
Like McCain had a real chance to win this election in the first place?

I'm not so sure about that.....

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah - really?? I guess I assumed the fear was caused by terrorists flying planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!

Don't kid yourself; aside from it's anectdotal value, nobody gave a damn about Bush's reaction to the news.

Like McCain had a real chance to win this election in the first place? Oh. And seriously, they thought they could win Hillary Clinton supporters with.. the Anti-Hillary??

I SEE. :rolleyes:

No you idiot; your logic is flawed.

Don't you know that 3,000+ people murdered in buildings (many of which were filmed jumping to their deaths LIVE) < the president's reaction to the news when reading to a classroom full of children? /sarcasm

Seriously though, let's be honest. If Bush had jumped to his feet and started yelling "Those towelhead bast ards did WHAT? I'll kill those mother****ers!!" we would be hearing about how we had a president who couldn't control himself in front of children.

But since he politely finished the engagement and handled his business aftwards, he is a coward who didn't care.

Therein lies the problem with most on the left. They move the goalposts before the snapper hikes the ball, then wonder why the kicker misses the field goal.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 08:49 PM

Actually, contrary to your statement, I for one hope Obama's policies are a resounding success, Crimson. Unlike the left, I wouldn't mortgage the US's national security to undermine the current administration (like the NYT did by publishing classified intelligence).

Also, Obama's policies have been tried before; it didn't work for his mentor Carl Marx and it won't work for him. But here's to hoping that the slow destruction of capitalism works; at least long enough to get through the next four years anyway.

Frozen Sooner
3/23/2009, 08:51 PM
Tone down the name-calling.

First and only.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 09:11 PM
Actually, contrary to your statement, I for one hope Obama's policies are a resounding success, Crimson.

But here's to hoping that the slow destruction of capitalism works; at least long enough to get through the next four years anyway.

Say hello to Mr. Walking Contradiction, folks.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 10:03 PM
Tone down the name-calling.

First and only.

the idiot comment was satire, I was actually agreeing with the commenter.

Sorry for the confusion.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/23/2009, 10:05 PM
Pretty sure Katz fed him that nugget two seconds before the camera's rolled.

I wouldn't want him having enough time to know that. :D

No, I think he researches these things on his blackberry when he's sneaking a smoke in the bathroom stall.

;)

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 10:12 PM
Say hello to Mr. Walking Contradiction, folks.

How did I contradict myself, Crimson? I said I hope Obama's economic policy of disemboweling capitalism as we know it works long enough for the United States to get through the next four years.

TopDawg
3/23/2009, 10:20 PM
Therein lies the problem with most on the left. They move the goalposts before the snapper hikes the ball, then wonder why the kicker misses the field goal.

Therein lies the problem with most on the right. They do the same thing to the left, but pretend they don't.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 10:34 PM
How did I contradict myself, Crimson? I said I hope Obama's economic policy of disemboweling capitalism as we know it works long enough for the United States to get through the next four years.

Like I said, being right is what's really important.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 11:03 PM
Like I said, being right is what's really important.

Apparently the Leftist New York Times thought so, when they leaked classified intelligence about terrorist monitoring techniques in an effort to "be right".

Or are you talking about all the embedded leftist journalists, who saw no problem with publishing classified troop movements, because the war in Iraq wasn't "right".

Or when John Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president in 2004 accused American troops of "breaking into houses and raping and killing women and children" in an effort to make things "right". (All his allegations were proven false, btw).

Maybe you could elaborate on your "right" comment, Crimson;from where I'm sitting it is the left that places their personal feelings of a situation above their fellow Americans safety, freedom, and economic viability.

leavingthezoo
3/23/2009, 11:13 PM
i really hate what has happened to this place.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 11:24 PM
Apparently the Leftist New York Times thought so, when they leaked classified intelligence about terrorist monitoring techniques in an effort to "be right".

Or are you talking about all the embedded leftist journalists, who saw no problem with publishing classified troop movements, because the war in Iraq wasn't "right".

Or when John Kerry, the Democratic nominee for president in 2004 accused American troops of "breaking into houses and raping and killing women and children" in an effort to make things "right". (All his allegations were proven false, btw).

Maybe you could elaborate on your "right" comment, Crimson;from where I'm sitting it is the left that places their personal feelings of a situation above their fellow Americans safety, freedom, and economic viability.

Whatever. Trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall, a very dumb wall.

What does any of your above post have to do with the current administration?

Again, you have no desire to support your president or the immediate future of this country. Your rage won't allow it.

Again, all you want is failure so you can be right.

soonerscuba
3/23/2009, 11:43 PM
i really hate what has happened to this place.It used to be that maybe one and ten political threads would be civil and you could learn you something. I haven't seen one of those in a very long time.

theresonly1OU
3/23/2009, 11:51 PM
Whatever. Trying to talk to you is like talking to a wall, a very dumb wall.

What does any of your above post have to do with the current administration?

Again, you have no desire to support your president or the immediate future of this country. Your rage won't allow it.

Again, all you want is failure so you can be right.

My comment has as much to do with the current administration as your repeated "it's all about being right" does, yet I'm the one who is off topic?

Sure thing.

And try to keep the insults to a minimum; lest people start thinking you're ill-equipped to argue on your own merits, Crimson.

KC//CRIMSON
3/23/2009, 11:59 PM
My comment has as much to do with the current administration as your repeated "it's all about being right" does, yet I'm the one who is off topic?

Sure thing.

And try to keep the insults to a minimum; lest people start thinking you're ill-equipped to argue on your own merits, Crimson.

Sure thing, and you're a beacon of good manners.

Frozen Sooner
3/24/2009, 12:00 AM
OK, this thing has really run its course.