PDA

View Full Version : Where do each of you have OU tapping out?

soonervegas
3/17/2009, 12:38 PM
I have them getting to the Sweet 16 and losing to Syracuse.

picasso
3/17/2009, 12:45 PM
early. you need great guard play to go far. ours aren't smart with the ball or without it.

primetime43
3/17/2009, 01:20 PM
I have them losing to Pitt in the Semi Final. I can dream right :)

I truly believe if we can get by 'Cuse we can beat UNC.

Curly Bill
3/17/2009, 02:49 PM

What I see happening, though I wouldn't be shocked by a 2nd round upset.

SoonerStormchaser
3/17/2009, 03:02 PM
2nd round against Clemson.

This team has gone to crap ever since that Texass thug elbowed BG. Of course, it it was against a Booby Knight coached team, he'd have gotten a two game suspension.

Curly Bill
3/17/2009, 03:06 PM
2nd round against Clemson.

This team has gone to crap ever since that Texass thug elbowed BG. Of course, it it was against a Booby Knight coached team, he'd have gotten a two game suspension.

On 2nd thought, and after looking at the bracket to see it will likely be Clemson in the 2nd round, I'm inclined to agree with a 2nd round exit.

Pricetag
3/17/2009, 03:40 PM
Before Sunday, I was thinking second round, but since almost everyone seems to think either Clemson or Michigan could take us, I'm going to put us into the Sweet 16 against Syracuse. That 3-2 zone is going to kill us, though, with the way our guards are playing. It made us look silly when we had Hollis and Quannas in 2003.

It will be interesting to see if the refs we get in the tourney will allow opposing defenders to kill Blake like Big 12 refs have.

RonMexico7
3/17/2009, 04:13 PM
3-2 zone is going to kill us, though, with the way our guards are playing. It made us look silly when we had Hollis and Quannas in 2003.

Oh please....carmelo anthony and hakim warrick had a little bit to do with the success of that zone.

We'll make the elite 8.

SoonerTroll
3/17/2009, 04:25 PM
Detroit Rock City, cutting down the nets ;)

oumartin
3/17/2009, 04:27 PM
if they play clemson its lights out.
otherwise they could run to the final four.

ouleaf
3/17/2009, 04:29 PM
It all hinges on our Guards ability to hit open shots and Blakes ability to draw fouls early and often without getting into foul trouble himself. If those things happen, we could advance as far as the Elite 8. If that doesn't happen then we will probably be looking at a 2nd round exit. That seems like a bit too many ifs that need to go our way, so I'm leaning more towards the early exit unfortunately.

OUSKINS
3/17/2009, 04:45 PM
Incredible how the confidence level of the fans is at rock bottom right now. Not sure I've ever seen a team seeded as high as OU have their fans so pessimistic about their chances. Honestly, I'd say the vast majority of fans who follow the team pretty much EXPECT a loss to Clemson should we meet. It's almost as if OU winning would be an upset.

The sad thing is, I think this level of confidence is warranted-- to much evidence down the stretch to think we're just suddenly going to be able to switch gears.

oumartin
3/17/2009, 05:05 PM
Clemson will beat them with pressure defense. They best be spending this week working on it.

picasso
3/17/2009, 05:11 PM
Incredible how the confidence level of the fans is at rock bottom right now. Not sure I've ever seen a team seeded as high as OU have their fans so pessimistic about their chances. Honestly, I'd say the vast majority of fans who follow the team pretty much EXPECT a loss to Clemson should we meet. It's almost as if OU winning would be an upset.

The sad thing is, I think this level of confidence is warranted-- to much evidence down the stretch to think we're just suddenly going to be able to switch gears.

mine was never that high. that's why I can't watch them this season or the past few. can we play some fundamental dribbling and passing basketball? sheesh.

royalfan5
3/17/2009, 05:11 PM
I have OU getting knocked out by Michigan, mostly because I always bet on teams that employ a 1-3-1 and wonky offense to make a run. It was between ASU and Michigan for that this year, and I'm playing a hunch with Beilein.

8timechamps
3/17/2009, 05:24 PM
I think the early departure from the conference tournament will pay dividends for us. We have the talent to make a run to at least the Elite Eight.

Syracuse is very good, and my concern has nothing to do with their defense. My concern is how we (or will we) handle their gaurds. If the Orange gaurds are hot from the paremeter, it'll be a long night for us. Otherwise, I think we make it to UNC.

As much as I hate UNC, I think they would be too deep for us. But, I'd love so much to see us end their season.

oumartin
3/17/2009, 06:36 PM
How about Blake hitting a last second jumper against UNC to send them home!

Seems like we owe them one

LiveLaughLove
3/17/2009, 07:14 PM
1 and done if the second game is against Clemson.
2 and done if the second game is Michigan.

Would love to see us play UNC for a chance at the Final Four, but I just can't get us past the press of Clemson or the guards of Syracuse.

OU_Sooners75
3/18/2009, 02:06 AM
I have them losing to Louisville.

In case you don't know, that would be losing in the finals.

OU_Sooners75
3/18/2009, 02:08 AM
LMFAO...I cannot believe some of you actually think Clemson has what it takes to beat us.

I think our team will be ready to play in this tourney.

We damn sure have the team to make a deep run. Just need to be smart with the ball and allow Blake to touch the ball every time down the court.

ousooners182
3/18/2009, 04:24 AM
Elite Eight.

damn nc..

but if we make it to the elite eight i will be a very happy camper

bringit
3/18/2009, 05:49 AM

same here

cjames317
3/18/2009, 09:26 AM
I have them losing to Louisville.

In case you don't know, that would be losing in the finals.

Amen brother.

Curly Bill
3/18/2009, 04:23 PM
LMFAO...I cannot believe some of you actually think Clemson has what it takes to beat us.

I think our team will be ready to play in this tourney.

We damn sure have the team to make a deep run. Just need to be smart with the ball and allow Blake to touch the ball every time down the court.

Should I point out that we seem unable or unwilling to do this?

King Crimson
3/18/2009, 04:45 PM
more than the O going through Blake every time....i'd clear out for Willie as often as possible. i think our slump (minus the concussion) has come when we've settled into a half-court game and we certainly don't push the ball and attack the rim on the break like we did a month ago.

8timechamps
3/18/2009, 05:32 PM
more than the O going through Blake every time....i'd clear out for Willie as often as possible. i think our slump (minus the concussion) has come when we've settled into a half-court game and we certainly don't push the ball and attack the rim on the break like we did a month ago.

I noticed this big time when we played O-State in the tournament. We seem do be a much better team in transition then I realized. If we don't use Blake to at least draw in covereage, then we might as well not put him on the floor.

oumartin
3/18/2009, 08:51 PM
I know when OU played better!

SoonersEnFuego
3/19/2009, 08:53 AM
Winning it all.

MojoRisen
3/19/2009, 09:14 AM
I figured sweet 16 - I hate having to play Clemson in the second round - at one point they were rated as high as 2 or 3 I believe. However they must be slumping as well to drop to such a low seed.

Cuse will be tough, but that is the kind of game that Blake and Taylor could dominate.

I hope for the best - and there is no way in hell the NCAA tourney officials are going to allow - hack a shack tactics... Blake should get off.

soonerfan28
3/19/2009, 09:15 AM
I say we go out in the Elite Eight, but if we make it that far then that means we had good guard play and I could see us making the NC game. I think Capel may have them playing like they were in January.

badger
3/19/2009, 09:19 AM
As the sign says, "We beat Mempis, not our women."

Yup, I have them beating "Mempis" in the championship game.

And yes, I know that is an incredible long shot, my bracket failings are often that I will choose teams because I like their colors, or my brother lived there, or my sister-in-law is from there, or my parents went there, or it's in my other home state, or I just don't like the team.

I fully expect my bracket to rank quite low. But, it's all in fun :)

the_ouskull
3/19/2009, 09:25 AM

Oklahoma State "had what it takes to beat us." Why not Clemson?

As for the question, I entered two brackets in the SF.com challenge... a "head" bracket, and a "heart" bracket. In the former, we're a 1-and-done. In the latter, we're a 2-and-done. I hope and pray that I'm a moron.

the_ouskull

the_ouskull
3/19/2009, 09:28 AM

No. If you do, people will call you names like "Bad Fan," or "Mister Jerkface."

Just take solace in the fact that it makes you no less correct, no matter what the, "I love basketball when football's not on" crowd thinks...

the_ouskull

soonerfan28
3/19/2009, 09:35 AM
You would think by now that that would be common sense, but the way we handled the ball against Missouri a few weeks ago it looks like some players just don't care. I know there has to be a stat out there that shows we have a better % when Blake touches the ball on a possession.