PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa Womens Tourney

Collier11
3/16/2009, 10:06 PM
Didnt see this posted anywhere else,

OU gets #1 seed and avoids Uconn til the Finals. I dont know much about the womens teams but our path to the Final 4 looks ok.

Prairie View A&M

Iowa or Georgia Tech

Xavier or Pitt most likely

We have Purdue, UNC, Auburn and Rutgers on the bottom half as the higher seeds

colleyvillesooner
3/16/2009, 10:23 PM
kinds ****ty how they pod teams for attendance, but it makes 1 seed OU play 8 seed Iowa on their home court.

They said there are 5 matchups like that this year, higher seeds playing lower seeds on their homecourt. I hate that.

Lott's Bandana
3/16/2009, 10:51 PM
If I was UConn, I'd be thanking the committee. They seem to have drawn a relatively easy bracket. Sure A&M beat us twice, but they know us as well as anyone, except maybe the Baptist Skeletors.

Should have had Stanford as UConn's #2.

And yes, playing Iowa on their homecourt to get to OKC is a pretty big and glaring speed-bump.

I gots a bad feeling about how this is playing out.

OU_Sooners75
3/16/2009, 11:38 PM
If I was UConn, I'd be thanking the committee. They seem to have drawn a relatively easy bracket. Sure A&M beat us twice, but they know us as well as anyone, except maybe the Baptist Skeletors.

Should have had Stanford as UConn's #2.

And yes, playing Iowa on their homecourt to get to OKC is a pretty big and glaring speed-bump.

I gots a bad feeling about how this is playing out.

Honestly, you are worried about Iowa?

lets put it this way.

Even though it may be on Iowa's home court...there will be a very good mix of the 8 teams fans that play there.

We will be fine....and Iowa is not that good of a team. If we struggle with Iowa....we might as well get ready to punch an early exit ticket and not worry about going to the final four.

Curly Bill
3/17/2009, 12:41 AM
I'm less worried about Iowa, or anyone else, then I am our ability to commit a couple of dozen turnovers in a game and to be totally stagnant on offense.

Lott's Bandana
3/17/2009, 01:01 AM
I'm less worried about Iowa, or anyone else, then I am our ability to commit a couple of dozen turnovers in a game and to be totally stagnant on offense.

What he said.

Iowa is a metaphor.

badger
3/17/2009, 07:12 AM
Baptist Skeletors.

Hmm...
http://i43.tinypic.com/4gl02a.jpg

Iowa is a metaphor.
Is it a metaphor for scholarship money? Or perhaps, add a "state" to it and suddenly Coach Coale cannot win like years past? Or perhaps, it's all about the early presidential caucus. They picked Obama, you know :D

kinds ****ty how they pod teams for attendance, but it makes 1 seed OU play 8 seed Iowa on their home court.

yes, agree. of course, we benefitted from this sh!tty matching for years before they switched it to "neutral" sites for the first two rounds. As we can see, it is working out quite well :rolleyes: In any event, go wimmen!

Lott's Bandana
3/17/2009, 09:10 AM
Hmm...
http://i43.tinypic.com/4gl02a.jpg

Is it a metaphor for scholarship money? Or perhaps, add a "state" to it and suddenly Coach Coale cannot win like years past? Or perhaps, it's all about the early presidential caucus. They picked Obama, you know :D

yes, agree. of course, we benefitted from this sh!tty matching for years before they switched it to "neutral" sites for the first two rounds. As we can see, it is working out quite well :rolleyes: In any event, go wimmen!

It appears Kim's wardrobe has improved considerably.

richsooner
3/17/2009, 09:11 AM
Perhaps these things you mention(I agree, they are huge), are the reason we should be very concerned about having to face any decent team on their home court, the sooner women won't make it out of Iowa without a loss...........

badger
3/17/2009, 09:17 AM
It appears Kim's wardrobe has improved considerably.

I was giggling earlier looking through potential skeletor shots, noticing that there are definitely some similar characteristics between Mulkey and Skel Skel:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a5xkdu.jpg

NMSooner'80
3/19/2009, 10:18 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/25200198-cfc8-4cd6-9a93-05d25fdbc189.jpg

Be afraid! Be VERY afraid!

badger
3/19/2009, 10:30 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ynjm2h.jpg

NMSooner'80
3/19/2009, 10:46 AM
That's even better of a comparison! ;)

FWIW - it still amazes me that I read a thread once where someone said that Mulkey was more attractive that Sherri. Blindness is a bad thing!

badger
3/19/2009, 11:04 AM
That's even better of a comparison! ;)

FWIW - it still amazes me that I read a thread once where someone said that Mulkey was more attractive that Sherri. Blindness is a bad thing!

Oh, that's SicEm. He's the resident Baylor fan. He first appeared here a few years ago as a joke (trash talking before our annual football game) and has stayed for the South Oval political discussions.

You will not hear that Skeletor is superior to Coale from anyone other than Baylor fans... or people that remember the 2005 season :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
3/19/2009, 11:17 AM
What happened to the Robinson part of her name...did it disappear like the Schumann from Stacey Dales?

soonerfan28
3/19/2009, 11:18 AM
We have to play Iowa on there home court because if it was at a "neutral site" then they would have like 500 people in attendance. The pod system works in womens b-ball.

NMSooner'80
3/19/2009, 11:21 AM
What happened to the Robinson part of her name...did it disappear like the Schumann from Stacey Dales?

It was Robertson, but yes, it disappeared in a similar fashion as when Dales-Schumann became "just Dales." Her husband divorced her 3-4 years ago.

badger
3/19/2009, 11:24 AM
^^^ what he said ^^^

It was a bitter split, from what I've read.