PDA

View Full Version : Texas drivers are catching Okie drivers on their level of stupidity...

SoonerStormchaser
3/16/2009, 06:36 PM
...and one of them nailed my parents on Saturday night.

They were coming out of a restaurant parking lot after a dinner celebrating my dad's promotion to Colonel and assuming the command of a wing in the Texas State Guard the next day. The next thing they know, their Lexus RX360 is doing circles on the road and coming to a stop on a highway berm.
The dumb**** that hit them was drunk, not wearing a seat belt, and didn't have his headlights on (he had an Audi convertible). Dad now has a permarod in his right leg due to his tibia and fibula each being broken in two places, Mom has a broken right ankle...and that mother****er that hit them is in jail after being patched up at the same hospital. Dad's change of command/promotion ceremony was conducted yesterday in his hospital room in Austin.

Today, on the drive back home, we came across a dozen wrecks on I-35 alone...and two ******s who changed lanes and almost smacked us without even a ****ing glance.

The past month and a half has ****ing sucked *** for me...but I know the good Lord has definitely looked out for me and my family (teh hawt wife included).

soonerboomer93
3/16/2009, 07:23 PM
so you're saying your dad wasn't paying attention and got hit?

but seriously, texas drivings are worse then okie drivers. I constantly have to pass people on the right on my weekly drive between houston and corpus. I normally am doing so within about 5 mph of the posted limits.

yermom
3/16/2009, 07:39 PM
Texas drivers are nuts

Arizona is still tops in my book for psychos though

Frozen Sooner
3/16/2009, 07:51 PM
Glad that your mom and dad will be OK, if not completely OEM.

Curly Bill
3/16/2009, 08:46 PM
so you're saying your dad wasn't paying attention and got hit?

but seriously, texas drivings are worse then okie drivers. I constantly have to pass people on the right on my weekly drive between houston and corpus. I normally am doing so within about 5 mph of the posted limits.

I'm gonna disagree, both are pretty bad in my book, but having lived in both states for extended periods of time, I'm gonna say that Okie drivers are the worst. I think in general they tend to be older, in less of a hurry, and just basically in the damn way not paying any attention to what they're doing.

KC//CRIMSON
3/16/2009, 08:51 PM
Arizona is still tops in my book for psychos though

you've never driven in Europe......

yermom
3/16/2009, 09:05 PM
maybe for my next book :D

OklaPony
3/16/2009, 10:18 PM
you've never driven in Europe......
...or South Carolina, apparently.

NCSooner18
3/17/2009, 12:33 AM
...or North Carolina.

StoopTroup
3/17/2009, 01:14 AM
Why wasn't a Colonel driving a Hummer? ;)

Glad their OK SSC.

It sucks getting hit hard like that...you never get over it. My Buddy I brought to the tailgates with me a few times this year...his red Dodge 2500 is gone now. He got hit in January after the MNC. The guy who hit him was a fault...got a ticket and we just found out...his insurance verification card he handed the officer...it expired in September so he knew he wasn't insured when he gave the slip to the Cops.

STATE FARM is who my Buddy is insured with. He has Uninsured Motorists coverage and they are screwing him over now. They say some of the damage wasn't caused by the wreck. :mad: I know for a fact it was caused by the wreck. I drove in that truck with him and even at one of the tailgates this year...he got pissed someone was leaning on it. They had suntan lotion on and left a big greasy spot on the side of it. He always took good care of the truck.

Anyway...Hope everything turns out OK SSC.

ST

JLEW1818
3/17/2009, 01:35 AM
maybe for my next book :D

OU UT EURO 2012!! why not? I'll go.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/17/2009, 02:22 AM
...and one of them nailed my parents on Saturday night.

They were coming out of a restaurant parking lot after a dinner celebrating my dad's promotion to Colonel and assuming the command of a wing in the Texas State Guard the next day.

Congrats on your Dad's promotion. Does this have anything to do about the Houston TV station expose' on the Texas Guard General's wrong doing and double dipping and the Ellington commander sexual harrasment allegations substantiated by the DoD?

badger
3/17/2009, 08:10 AM
In Jamaica, not only are the roads sh!t (those roads make Okahoma's look like paved gold), their drivers are crazy, mon. When NP and I had our honeymoon there, it was like 5-wide cars at one point, then they all merge down to two lanes within 100 feet. How? Well, a lot of honking, a lot of not waiting your turn and a lot of ambition.

Oh, and an empty and sound stomach. I felt awful by the time we got to the resort (about an hour's drive from the airport).

In any event, glad that your dad is alive and will be well soon.

Crucifax Autumn
3/17/2009, 10:21 AM
I've been a lot of places and not one of those places prompted me to say, "wow...people here are safe, respectful, good drivers".

OUDoc
3/17/2009, 10:58 AM
Sorry about your family, Stormchaser. Glad they're okay.

Thanks for insulting a whole state full of drivers.

SoonerStormchaser
3/17/2009, 11:11 AM
Congrats on your Dad's promotion. Does this have anything to do about the Houston TV station expose' on the Texas Guard General's wrong doing and double dipping and the Ellington commander sexual harrasment allegations substantiated by the DoD?

I think that was the Army side of the TXSG...not the Air Force side.

Pricetag
3/17/2009, 12:44 PM
In Jamaica, not only are the roads sh!t (those roads make Okahoma's look like paved gold), their drivers are crazy, mon.
I'll never forget all the "Undertakers love over passers" signs on the highway from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios.

OUDoc
3/17/2009, 12:53 PM
I'll never forget all the "Undertakers love over passers" signs on the highway from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios.

I'll be there Wednesday. You want me to tell them you said "hey"?

badger
3/17/2009, 12:58 PM
I'll be there Wednesday. You want me to tell them you said "hey"?

A kindly sooner-to-sooner word of advice: Bring Dramamine. Before you even THINK of getting in a cab or driving on those roads, take Dramamine.

OUDoc
3/17/2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not going to Ocho Rios, just to Montego Bay. I've also heard I need to take my best "Just Say No To Drugs" face, unless, of course, I want drugs. :)

Appreciate the advice, badger.

OUAlumni1990
3/17/2009, 01:38 PM
If you REALLY want to see bad driving, come to Houston.

Frozen Sooner
3/17/2009, 01:39 PM
Apparently, nobody anywhere can drive. Except for the people who post here.

Not me though. I pretty obviously suck at it.

OUAlumni1990
3/17/2009, 01:42 PM
The only time I don't drive well is on Friday and Saturday nights for some reason.

OUDoc
3/17/2009, 02:08 PM
Apparently, nobody anywhere can drive. Except for the people who post here.

No, you guys suck too. Obviously I'm the only skilled driver. :)

Okla-homey
3/17/2009, 07:07 PM
I think that was the Army side of the TXSG...not the Air Force side.

Glad their gonna be okay. But, I gotta ask, what kind of wing does the TANG have that a non-rated officer can command?

SoonerStormchaser
3/17/2009, 07:12 PM
I dunno...
That's above my paygrade sir.

Okla-homey
3/17/2009, 07:27 PM
I dunno...
That's above my paygrade sir.

wait a minute. You wrote "Texas State Guard" at the head of the thread. Is that the Texas Air National Guard or some kind of militia/pretend outfit?

SoonerStormchaser
3/17/2009, 08:15 PM
It's the Texas State Guard...it should be the National Guard...but because Texas thinks they're so badass, they went ahead and created a STATE Guard. I guess the head of the whole thing is the adjutant general of the state of Texas.

Okla-homey
3/18/2009, 05:23 AM
It's the Texas State Guard...it should be the National Guard...but because Texas thinks they're so badass, they went ahead and created a STATE Guard. I guess the head of the whole thing is the adjutant general of the state of Texas.

I checked the Texas State Guard online. It's some kind of militia somewhat like the Civil Air Patrol or Explorer scouts. The website states they lack a combat mission, but serve as some kind of "pool of available manpower" for national guard recruiting.

SoonerStormchaser
3/18/2009, 09:05 AM
I guess. I really haven't done much research into it.

Viking Kitten
3/18/2009, 09:17 AM
Was it George Carlin who said, "Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot. Anyone driving faster than you is crazy." There you have it. Oklahoma drivers are morons. Texas drivers are psychopaths.

OUAlumni1990
3/18/2009, 04:00 PM
Was it George Carlin who said, "Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot. Anyone driving faster than you is crazy." There you have it. Oklahoma drivers are morons. Texas drivers are psychopaths.

I dunno, there are plenty here in H town that drive pretty slow. I get the idea 95% of them took drivers ed on a donkey just south of the border (if you know what I mean).;)

SoonerStormchaser
3/18/2009, 04:48 PM
Well, Dad's finally home and resting...and, searching the records, we narrowed it down to two people who could've done it (at least they're the only two with one count of DWI and two counts of vehicular assault thrown at them).
Hey Homey...what's the max penalty that can be thrown this guy's way?

Okla-homey
3/18/2009, 05:28 PM
Well, Dad's finally home and resting...and, searching the records, we narrowed it down to two people who could've done it (at least they're the only two with one count of DWI and two counts of vehicular assault thrown at them).
Hey Homey...what's the max penalty that can be thrown this guy's way?

Prosecutorial decisions are almost completely at the discretion of the DA. That said, if no one died, I doubt anyone's going to jail.

SoonerStormchaser
3/18/2009, 06:22 PM
Ok...well, based on Texas (or Oklahoma) statute, what is the max penalty?

Okla-homey
3/18/2009, 07:18 PM
Ok...well, based on Texas (or Oklahoma) statute, what is the max penalty?

It depends. On what's charged, how many counts, priors, etc.

However, don't despair, if this happened in texass, they may execute 'em. I hear tell them texicans execute people for bouncing checks and spittin' on the sidewalk.

SoonerStormchaser
3/18/2009, 07:49 PM
kEWL!

OUTromBoNado
3/18/2009, 10:51 PM
Some d!ck passed me on the left hand shoulder on I-40 tonight at about 90mph going across the I-27 interchange in Amarillo tonight. Scared the sh!t out of me because I never saw him until he made the lane change next to my bumper. He was weaving in and out of all 3 lanes. About a mile down the road, he final turned on his emergency blinkers...but kept up the speeding and weaving.

OUAlumni1990
3/18/2009, 11:19 PM
Some d!ck passed me on the left hand shoulder on I-40 tonight at about 90mph going across the I-27 interchange in Amarillo tonight. Scared the sh!t out of me because I never saw him until he made the lane change next to my bumper. He was weaving in and out of all 3 lanes. About a mile down the road, he final turned on his emergency blinkers...but kept up the speeding and weaving.

You never know, he might just need to pee real bad :)

Curly Bill
3/18/2009, 11:36 PM

Damn, makes me wish I was back in the Panhandle. :)

I can picture that spot well, and yeah I use to motor through there pretty fast....but not 90mph fast.