PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Morgan St. Thur. 8:40 pm CST

colleyvillesooner
3/15/2009, 09:41 PM
http://soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031509aad.html

Sooners No. 2 Seed in Kansas City

OU opens NCAA Tournament play Thursday night against Morgan State.

NORMAN, Okla. -- Jeff Capel's University of Oklahoma men's basketball team (27-5) is slated as a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament and will take on No. 15 seed Morgan State (23-11) on Thursday in Kansas City, Mo., as part of the South Regional. The Sooners and Bears will tip at approximately 8:40 p.m. CT.

If OU wins its first-round game, it will play Saturday against the winner of Thursday's 6:10 p.m. contest between No. 7 seed Clemson (23-8) and No. 10 seed Michigan (20-13). Games will be played at Sprint Center.

The Sooners, who finished in second place in the Big 12 Conference with a 13-3 mark, are making their 26th NCAA Tournament appearance and 13th in the last 15 years.

"Hopefully it keeps us a little more fresh," said Capel of not having to travel far to nearby Kansas City. "But our guys should be real excited, excited to have an opportunity to still play. A lot of people would love to be in our spot right now. We should be excited and hopefully we play that way."

JLEW1818
3/15/2009, 11:08 PM
Go wolverines !

Salt City Sooner
3/15/2009, 11:57 PM
Go wolverines !
They're my preference too, but not by much. I know it's been a little while, but I remember the last time we faced a Beilein team & it didn't exactly end up as a fond memory.

OUbasketball4life
3/16/2009, 02:46 AM
I'm hoping Michigan wins but I'm just hoping we can get back to seeing the team that won 13 straight. I'm not going to be able to make it to the Morgan St. Game but I will be there Saturday. OU vs. Michigan Saturday is what I'm hoping for but gotta get past Morgan St. 1st.

OUSKINS
3/16/2009, 06:08 AM
Can anyone find the definitive answer on when we would play Saturday? I've been searching all over and I've find bits and pieces of info, but nothing I'd call concrete. I can't even find for sure the times for the games in KC on Saturday. Thanks!

JLEW1818
3/16/2009, 06:42 AM
Can anyone find the definitive answer on when we would play Saturday? I've been searching all over and I've find bits and pieces of info, but nothing I'd call concrete. I can't even find for sure the times for the games in KC on Saturday. Thanks!

http://www.sprintcenter.com/default.asp?sprintcenter=87&objId=404

This is what I found, from it seems the first game will start at. The west bracket also has a 4 team tourney going on the same days in Kansas City, (cal, Maryland,Memphis,CSN).
The first game is at 6:10 P.M. on Saturday, which i think will be the Memphis vs ??? .

The second game starts 30 minutes after the first game. So I’m guessing we will play at 8:40 on Saturday if we win or, 6:10 P.M.,. either or

badger
3/16/2009, 07:25 AM
our guys should be real excited, excited to have an opportunity to still play. A lot of people would love to be in our spot right now. We should be excited and hopefully we play that way."

Is it just me, or is Capel saying the word "excited" with "should be" a little too much, like our guys aren't excited at all to be a 2-seed and playing close to home against uber crap teams that barely made it in?

:( I hope this is not the case.

OUSKINS
3/16/2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.sprintcenter.com/default.asp?sprintcenter=87&objId=404

This is what I found, from it seems the first game will start at. The west bracket also has a 4 team tourney going on the same days in Kansas City, (cal, Maryland,Memphis,CSN).
The first game is at 6:10 P.M. on Saturday, which i think will be the Memphis vs ??? .

The second game starts 30 minutes after the first game. So I’m guessing we will play at 8:40 on Saturday if we win or, 6:10 P.M.,. either or

Thanks for posting...I saw that as well, but other sites I've seen are indicating the games might be played earlier. If anyone finds any additional info on this, please post it here!

OUSKINS
3/16/2009, 10:03 AM
I just called the Sprint Center (yeah, I'm pathetic) and they told me the games will be played at 2:20 and 4:50 central time. My guess is that we'll be in the later slot because we are in the later slot Thursday, but I'm not sure.

I am babysitting my daughter around 2:00 on Saturday while my wife is at a shower-- so I hope we play at 4:50-- I can watch either way, but I much prefer "hands free" viewing :)

8timechamps
3/16/2009, 10:11 AM
I just called the Sprint Center (yeah, I'm pathetic) and they told me the games will be played at 2:20 and 4:50 central time. My guess is that we'll be in the later slot because we are in the later slot Thursday, but I'm not sure.

I am babysitting my daughter around 2:00 on Saturday while my wife is at a shower-- so I hope we play at 4:50-- I can watch either way, but I much prefer "hands free" viewing :)

I'm glad you're "pathetic"...now, I can quit looking. :D

8timechamps
3/16/2009, 10:13 AM
Whoa, just pulled this off of www.SoonerSports.com

NORMAN, Okla. -- Jeff Capel's University of Oklahoma men's basketball team (27-5) is slated as a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament and will take on No. 15 seed Morgan State (23-11) on Thursday in Kansas City, Mo., as part of the South Regional. The Sooners and Bears will tip off at approximately 8:40 p.m. CT (30 minutes after the conclusion of the 6:10 p.m. Clemson/Michigan game).

8timechamps
3/16/2009, 10:18 AM
I am obviously a moron.

colly posted the same thing in the OP.

I need more coffee....or cocaine.

badger
3/16/2009, 10:28 AM
Oy, following the game of your potential future opponent. I do envy Michigan/Clemson, as the winner can watch how both of our teams play after theirs is over to scout for Saturday's game.

Does anyone have any insider information on Morgan State?

EDIT: Ok, here's all I care to know about them:

"I know their coach pretty well," Capel said of Todd Bozeman, who took California to three NCAA Tournaments in the mid-90s before the NCAA banned him from coaching for eight years after he admitted paying a recruit's family $30,000. "They're in the MEAC. But no, I haven't seen them."

A rule breaker trying to re-establish his career, apparently. I hope we beat them by 30.