PDA

View Full Version : We Wasted OKC

jdsooner
3/14/2009, 06:52 PM
So, we get a home court [ advantage in OKC and neither the men or women can take advantage of it. What a waste! This week has been very disappointing. I am going to predict that we drop to a number 3 seed.

Boomer.....
3/16/2009, 08:02 AM
Wrong. Still a 2 seed in a nearby region.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/16/2009, 11:22 AM
Wrong. Still a 2 seed in a nearby region.

Only 1/2 wrong. I think part of the point was that playing in OKC we should have been able to work that advantage much like KU and sometimes MU have been able to do when the tourney was in KC. Had we played MU or KU it would have been a pro-OU.

Granted we played the one team that negated a huge home crowd advantage but I would have thought that either the men or women would have won the tourney.

I believe the next two years are in KC again. So should we get to the finals and play KU we should expect a 75-25 crowd like in past seasons.

Remembering Tom Stidham
3/16/2009, 11:50 AM
Our women may still get a No. 1 seed.

OU_Sooners75
3/16/2009, 01:52 PM
How did that prediction turn out for ya?

Boomer.....
3/16/2009, 08:17 PM
Our women may still get a No. 1 seed.

OU wimmins got the 1 seed.

jdsooner
3/16/2009, 09:11 PM
I guess I missed it. It would seem that more weight was placed on the entire season than the last two or three weeks. It also helped that many teams stumbled at the end. OU still has a chance to get it together and go far in the tournament. The next couple of games are critical to regaining momentum in my flawed opinion.