PDA

View Full Version : Shooters: I'll say one thing for the Prez...

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 05:11 PM
his election has triggered (no pun intended) a huge uptick in gun and ammo sales. You simply can't buy personal defense ammo in any quantities here in T-town. In fact, "Dongs" is only allowing .380 purchasers to buy one box per day. .45 ACP is getting scarce too. Thus, there is great irony in the fact that when anti-gun rights pols (or pols perceived or "spun" as anti-gun) are elected, the firearms industry does substantially better than than they do under pro-gun rights pols.

Moreover, Oklahoma authorities report Concealed Carry Permit apps have quadrupled!

That said, and not at all related to our new Chief Executive, today I bought me that tack-driver I've been coveting. I picked up a three-year old NIB Browning A-bolt in .30-06 for 425.00! Now, I reckon I'll spend about that amount in optics/rings too, but I'll be a deer-killing sonofabiotch next fall.:D

That is all.

P.S. I'm not sure there is a nicer feeling than bringing home a new gun. Except maybe for knowing said purchase was endorsed by the House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman, Mrs. Homey, and therefore not requiring covert activities to hide said gun in one's own home.;)

bri
3/14/2009, 05:23 PM
It's almost as if the industry uses exaggerated fear tactics to engineer the desired result.

Listening to the Dong's radio commercials was one of my favorite things about Tulsa until every other thing they said was "HURRY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!"

Jerk
3/14/2009, 05:26 PM
I can't find primers, anywhere.

No one is shooting...they're just hoarding up what they can.

Basterds!

Jerk
3/14/2009, 05:35 PM
Oh...Hey Homey you might check cabelas.com - they've been doing a good job of keeping ammo in stock.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20837&id=0003705210830a&navCount=3&podId=0003705&parentId=cat20837&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

LilSooner
3/14/2009, 06:17 PM
My step dad does all of is one of the engravers for Browning. Anytime that they want a custom gun done they call him. He does some ridiculous stuff.

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 06:25 PM
My step dad does all of is one of the engravers for Browning. Anytime that they want a custom gun done they call him. He does some ridiculous stuff.

does he ever do stuff on the side. You know, for friends and sech?;)

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 06:31 PM
I can't find primers, anywhere.

No one is shooting...they're just hoarding up what they can.

Basterds!

I think what's got everyone panicked is our new AG Eric Holder, who filed an amicus brief in the DC gun case the Brady Bunch lost. Holder purportedly favors this silly serial-numbering scheme for all centerfire ammunition which would drive the price up enormously.

BudSooner
3/14/2009, 09:08 PM
his election has triggered (no pun intended) a huge uptick in gun and ammo sales. You simply can't buy personal defense ammo in any quantities here in T-town. In fact, "Dongs" is only allowing .380 purchasers to buy one box per day. .45 ACP is getting scarce too. Thus, there is great irony in the fact that when anti-gun rights pols (or pols perceived or "spun" as anti-gun) are elected, the firearms industry does substantially better than than they do under pro-gun rights pols.

Moreover, Oklahoma authorities report Concealed Carry Permit apps have quadrupled!

That said, and not at all related to our new Chief Executive, today I bought me that tack-driver I've been coveting. I picked up a three-year old NIB Browning A-bolt in .30-06 for 425.00! Now, I reckon I'll spend about that amount in optics/rings too, but I'll be a deer-killing sonofabiotch next fall.:D

That is all.

P.S. I'm not sure there is a nicer feeling than bringing home a new gun. Except maybe for knowing said purchase was endorsed by the House Appropriations Committee Chairwoman, Mrs. Homey, and therefore not requiring covert activities to hide said gun in one's own home.;)

I haven't set foot in Dongs since the dickhead in the following discussion pulled a bait and switch on me.
A couple of years ago one of his salesmen and I got into a discussion over handguns, I said I was looking for a Smith&Wesson .44 mag.
He tells me he's got one that I would like, satin finish with the rubber grip in a 6" barrell for only $500....my uncle and I walked in to see the guy as I was going to put money down on it and pay it off in a couple weeks..it was the only one he had and I preferred that grip on it.

Mind you, he said $500 days before.....now he says "Nope, I never quoted that price to you"
Thats ok, I would not purchase from you, Dongs kids, or anyone associated with the business, the old man was good as his word...if he said it he meant it. Take it to the bank.
My grandad/dad/uncles have done business with him for over 30yrs.

I wouldn't **** on that place if it was on fire now.

I'm still looking for another .44 mag now.

Jerk
3/14/2009, 09:20 PM
I haven't set foot in Dongs since the dickhead in the following discussion pulled a bait and switch on me.
A couple of years ago one of his salesmen and I got into a discussion over handguns, I said I was looking for a Smith&Wesson .44 mag.
He tells me he's got one that I would like, satin finish with the rubber grip in a 6" barrell for only $500....my uncle and I walked in to see the guy as I was going to put money down on it and pay it off in a couple weeks..it was the only one he had and I preferred that grip on it.

Mind you, he said $500 days before.....now he says "Nope, I never quoted that price to you"
Thats ok, I would not purchase from you, Dongs kids, or anyone associated with the business, the old man was good as his word...if he said it he meant it. Take it to the bank.
My grandad/dad/uncles have done business with him for over 30yrs.

I wouldn't **** on that place if it was on fire now.

I'm still looking for another .44 mag now.

Sounds like a gun show vendor.

I quit going to gun shows years ago. They're a bunch of used-car sales pricks. (most, not all, I'm sure there are a few good ones)

Speaking of gun shows, remember the "golden-crap rule" that vendors follow. Simply put, it means "what I have is gold, what you have is crap."

Harry Beanbag
3/14/2009, 11:49 PM
There's a store called Dong's?

bri
3/14/2009, 11:56 PM
Yep, it's a Tulsa landmark. It's on Admiral and backs up onto 244 so you can see it from the highway. Every time I drive past, I yell "DONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGS!!!" like in the radio ads. It's cathartic. :D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/3017082405_e0c0475a98.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3166/3017915340_1fd6f49c10.jpg

yermom
3/14/2009, 11:58 PM
yeah, those guys can kinda be jerks at times. i've had good and bad experiences there, i guess

bri
3/15/2009, 12:02 AM
So, it's like just about every other retail establishment ever, only with more zebra stripes? :D

StoopTroup
3/15/2009, 12:06 AM
The Real Dong is dead now. I used to see him at the gun shows back in the day. He was always loaded for bear. Anyone that would have ever screwed with him...well they would have had their hands full...lol.

I liked him. He was good for Tulsa. The way the place is now....you better know your **** if your going to buy from them. They won't do you any favors. Which is sad. You used to be able to get some fair advice there. Now...if you can even get them to talk to you without waving money in their face...I wouldn't use the advice without checking around.

yermom
3/15/2009, 12:08 AM
So, it's like just about every other retail establishment ever, only with more zebra stripes? :D

it's not like it's some retail chain with a lot of turnover

i don't think i've heard the radio ads. i do hear the Starship ones a lot when i'm up there

bri
3/15/2009, 12:11 AM
I think they're only on 103.3. I hate the Starship ones now, 'cause all they do is bitch about TU. Suck a dick, hippies.

yermom
3/15/2009, 12:17 AM
:mad:

bri
3/15/2009, 12:28 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/540783920_58d92eb184_o.jpg

:D

StoopTroup
3/15/2009, 05:37 AM
THE MONSTER IS EATING 11th STREET!

SanJoaquinSooner
3/15/2009, 10:50 AM
kinda like all the california gay couples rushing out to get married before Prop 8 went into effect.

bri
3/15/2009, 12:27 PM
THE MONSTER IS EATING 11th STREET!

STUPID, PRESTIGIOUS, DEGREE-GRANTING MONSTER!! IT'S NOT FAIR, MAN!! *takes hit off bong* WE'RE AN INSTITUTION!!

:D

KC//CRIMSON
3/15/2009, 12:53 PM
I loved those little houses.:(

LilSooner
3/15/2009, 01:38 PM
does he ever do stuff on the side. You know, for friends and sech?;)

PM check it.

bri
3/15/2009, 02:25 PM
I loved those little houses.:(

Let it go, man. They were crappy, and have been replaced by sexy student housing for sexy college girls.

StoopTroup
3/16/2009, 11:31 AM
Let it go, man. They were crappy, and have been replaced by sexy student housing for sexy college girls.
Plus...the DEA doesn't have to sit in those rundown apts and film folks anymore. :D

Pricetag
3/16/2009, 12:22 PM
It's almost as if the industry uses exaggerated fear tactics to engineer the desired result.

Listening to the Dong's radio commercials was one of my favorite things about Tulsa until every other thing they said was "HURRY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!"
Rock Star ought to sue them for ripping off the Ammunation commercials in GTA.

bri
3/16/2009, 02:14 PM
I'll support that lawsuit if it'll only hurt Andy Barber. That guy's a f*ckin' toolbox.