PDA

View Full Version : UNC, Pitt, UCONN all lose.

soonerfan28
3/14/2009, 03:19 PM
It doesn't really concern me that we didn't win our conference tourney. It looks like the only one who has really earned that #1 seed is Louisville. I still think we'll get a 2 seed, but I have no problem with that. Anybody want to try and make a guess at who the top seeds will be?

UNC 28-4
Pitt 27-4
UCONN 27-4
Louisville 27-5
MSU 26-6
OU 27-5

"MVP"
3/14/2009, 03:29 PM
Sooners may still have a chance for the #1 seed...

badger
3/14/2009, 03:32 PM
Anybody want to try and make a guess at how the top seeds will fall?

In 2000, two eights (Wisconsin and North Carolina) beat the 1-seeds in the second round en route to the Final Four.

I could see the same thing happening this year, much like 8-seed caliber teams beat 1-seed caliber teams in their conference tourneys.

soonerfan28
3/14/2009, 03:38 PM
I rephrased the question. I meant can anybody figure out the chaos of who will be a 1 and who will be a 2?
My guess is

#1 seeds - UNC Louisville Pitt and UCONN
#2 seeds - OU Duke Memphis and MSU
I could see Memphis and UCONN switching places though.

badger
3/14/2009, 03:44 PM

Memphis could be basketball's version of Ohio State football - first, you wait for all the other deserving teams of the top rank to fall. Then, you live off your easier schedule due to your conference opponents. Then, you're at the top by the two greatest words in the English language. de-fault! de-fault! de-fault!

:rolleyes: Memphis is a 1-seed by default.

"MVP"
3/14/2009, 03:45 PM
I rephrased the question. I meant can anybody figure out the chaos of who will be a 1 and who will be a 2?
My guess is

Didn't MSU lose today also? That may hurt them.

Crimsontothecore
3/14/2009, 04:01 PM
Sooners may still have a chance for the #1 seed...

"so you're saying there's a chance"

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/14/2009, 04:44 PM
My guess is

That is pretty much how I see it. Memphis could be a #1 insread of UConn but I think they are 4&5 overall.

I think OU still gets the last #2 because I don't see a team left that was close enough to jump us. I think Nova is the top 3 seed and depending on MU-Bay I could see MU and KU both with 3 seeds. Syracuse with a win could be a 3, if not Arizona St, LSU or Gonzaga.