PDA

View Full Version : Another one off the streets

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 01:21 PM
My neighbor and his kids are sitting at home across the street. Mom is at work. Dad is watching the two kids. Some Gang Banger looking idjet breaks in his back window of the house in daylight at noon in a busy blue collar neighborhood. My neighbor captures the guy. The Cops show up after he calls 911...I think around 30 minutes. My neighbor had the guy sitting on the curb out front waiting for the Cops to take him to David L. Moss Jail.

The kids are shook up...but OK.

Good ending on this one.

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2009, 01:26 PM
Cool. Apparently said idiot didn't think "Hey, daytime burglary works better on weekdays!"

JohnnyMack
3/14/2009, 01:26 PM
Why didn't you help out Nancy?

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 01:29 PM
My Wife was leaving to take our Kids to a soccer game or I wouldn't have even known it was going on. I'm working nights right now so I was getting ready for work when it happened.

Jerk
3/14/2009, 01:33 PM
Lucky guy.

I would have popped a cap in his ***.

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 01:36 PM
Lucky guy.

I would have popped a cap in his ***.

I thought the same thing...then I thought...I could have handled him with a ballbat. My neighbor did it bare handed. No weapon at all.

fadada1
3/14/2009, 02:10 PM
I thought the same thing...then I thought...I could have handled him with a ballbat. My neighbor did it bare handed. No weapon at all.

we don't know your neighbor (and no offense to him), but this would-be criminal must be a pu**y.... on top of being a dumbass.

JohnnyMack
3/14/2009, 02:25 PM
we don't know your neighbor (and no offense to him), but this would-be criminal must be a pu**y.... on top of being a dumbass.

Chuck Norris is ST's neighbor.

Turd_Ferguson
3/14/2009, 03:36 PM
Chuck Norris is ST's neighbor.No, ST's neighborhood lives next to Chuck Norris.

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 06:39 PM
Cool. Apparently said idiot didn't think "Hey, daytime burglary works better on weekdays!"

Padiwan, as you will learn some day, the words "daytime" and "burglary" are mutually exclusive. At least on the barzam.;)

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2009, 06:57 PM
That'd be a new one on me. It has to occur at night in order to be burglary? I thought the only elements of burglary were:

1. Unlawful deprivation of property
2. Trespass

Dinstinct from theft, which only requires element one and robbery which requires the threat or use of force (and not element two.)

Oh, well.

Edit: just checked. Nighttime is an element in most jurisdictions, but not all. The definition of nighttime is weird, though. So what do they call it in Oklahoma when someone breaks into your house during the day and steals all your crap? Simple theft?

Edit: interesting. Element one does not have to be met for burglary. Only unlawful intent.

Edit: Padawan doesn't have an "i" in it. :D

Jerk
3/14/2009, 07:13 PM
I bet the distinction traces it's roots back to the Bible.

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 11:47 PM
I have an update on what happened.

The neighbor we'll call him Josse. Josse's kids heard a knock at the door. Since Josse worked until 4 am they were told not to answer unless it was an emergency and then to make sure they wake him up to do it. They abided. The guy doesn't get an answer and goes around the house and puts his elbow through the bedroom window and starts to try to get in. Josse's kids wake him up. He goes in and the guy backs out the window and takes off. Josse chases the guy 4 blocks...through some folks yard and over a fence and then takes a club he was carrying and wacks the guy in the back of the legs. The guy falls and Josse captures him. They guy says to Josse..."Man your fast!". :D Josse says..."Yeah and I'm not letting you go either". Josse walks the guy back to his House and another neighbor see him bringing the guy back and goes inside his House and comes back out with his gun and a pair of handcuffs. They cuff the guy and Josse goes back inside...gets his gun and holds the guy there until the Cops get there so the other Neighbor can go on to work.

The perp tells the Cops he's from Tennessee (He had Tenn. ID on him) and that he had been travelling on foot for a few days and was tired and needed a place to sleep. :rolleyes: The thing is...the guy has some stolen CD's and DVD's on him that he probably has from another break in. The Cops take pics of the crime scene and are putting together any other break-ins there were in the area.

I'm betting Mr. Tennessee won't get out for awhile.

MR2-Sooner86
3/15/2009, 01:00 AM
Heh reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPuM_XAo2BE&feature=related

A BBC report about a guy, Joe Horn, who shoots two guys breaking into his neighbors house.

Crucifax Autumn
3/15/2009, 02:02 AM
He shoulda smaked the tard around a bit more

StoopTroup
3/15/2009, 05:11 AM
He shoulda smaked the tard around a bit more

Dude was kinda dressed like a blood...

http://streetgangsnc.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/images.jpg

Sometimes you don't want to push your luck....maybe some folks are right and Mr Tennessee might get bail soon and not like the way he was treated by his capture. Not that I'd flinch one iota of a second if he did come back on ya...but all of us have Families around here...Gang Wars aren't healthy. I'd like to think the Dude might have just been a really bad B&E amateur that might think twice about his life now and get a job at Wendy's after he's out. Probably not much chance of that though unless he decides to move to Stoolwater...then he might get a scholarship. :D

Okla-homey
3/15/2009, 07:20 AM
That'd be a new one on me. It has to occur at night in order to be burglary? I thought the only elements of burglary were:

1. Unlawful deprivation of property
2. Trespass

Dinstinct from theft, which only requires element one and robbery which requires the threat or use of force (and not element two.)

Oh, well.

Edit: just checked. Nighttime is an element in most jurisdictions, but not all. The definition of nighttime is weird, though. So what do they call it in Oklahoma when someone breaks into your house during the day and steals all your crap? Simple theft?

Edit: interesting. Element one does not have to be met for burglary. Only unlawful intent.

Edit: Padawan doesn't have an "i" in it. :D

The definition you'll need on the barzam is: breaking onto the dwelling of another, at night, with the intent to commit a felony therein.

IOW, if some evening, a person, standing on the sidewalk, throws a rock through the closed window of a house, intending to hit a person inside and kill him...that's burglary -- even if he misses the person.

Classically, if a perp breaks in to a home, at night, intending to make off with something when he broke in, that guy remains guilty of burglary even if he changes his mind or gets scared-off and leaves without taking anything.

You can even commit burglary and robbery in the same breaking. Say a guy breaks in to a house at night, intending only to steal the silverware. While inside, he encounters an occupant and decides to stick a gun in his face and take his wallet. Now we have burglary and robbery. Robbery = causing a person to give up their property by threat of force. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

oh, and dump the "theft" word. It's "larceny" when you move something even a millimeter that you intended to steal when you moved it.

batonrougesooner
3/15/2009, 09:11 AM
Sounds like he will get a place to rest now. At least for a day or two.

3/15/2009, 11:50 AM
Dude, a neighbor who has cuffs is kinda weird, too. Just sayin'.

fadada1
3/15/2009, 01:03 PM

maybe they're pink and furry... for night encounters with the wife.

StoopTroup
3/15/2009, 01:10 PM

He's some sort of Security Guy. Not the Barney Fife type...the Magnum PI type...lol

StoopTroup
3/16/2009, 03:10 PM
Latest update: Turns out the perp has a warrant out for his arrest in Tennessee, so he will be spending a few years here in Tulsa, then going straight back to Tennessee to face the music there. The police said that he cannot come back with assault charges on our neighbor because he was running away from the crime scene when the assault happened, and he cannot plead innocent because he was caught in the act. He's screwed by his own doing!

TheHumanAlphabet
3/17/2009, 02:32 AM
Heh reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPuM_XAo2BE&feature=related

A BBC report about a guy, Joe Horn, who shoots two guys breaking into his neighbors house.

Joe Horn is from Pasadena, Texas a Houston suburb. The perps were illegals (I believe, and no this isn't about illegals...)and serial criminals. A Pasadena cop was across the street on stakeout and didn't get out of the car to help. The Harris County Grand Jury no-billed Horn. In most Harris county people's eyes, esp. in Pasadena - he is a hero. To others, like Quanel X, he isn't.

Moral - don't go breaking into people's homes in Pasadena, you're likely to get shot. BTW, Pasadena is where many blue collar refinery and chem plant workers live.

Okla-homey
3/17/2009, 06:37 AM
Joe Horn is from Pasadena, Texas a Houston suburb. The perps were illegals (I believe, and no this isn't about illegals...)and serial criminals. A Pasadena cop was across the street on stakeout and didn't get out of the car to help. The Harris County Grand Jury no-billed Horn. In most Harris county people's eyes, esp. in Pasadena - he is a hero. To others, like Quanel X, he isn't.

Moral - don't go breaking into people's homes in Pasadena, you're likely to get shot. BTW, Pasadena is where many blue collar refinery and chem plant workers live.

You know I'm about as "law and order" as most anyone, but deliberately shooting to death a couple thugs to prevent them from making off with their loot taken from your neighbor's house across the street from your home is simply not appropriate.

I think that sort of thing would result in an indictment for murder here in Oklahoma. Particularly since you can't use deadly force to protect property in Oklahoma, especially someone else's property.

TMcGee86
3/17/2009, 10:28 AM
You know I'm about as "law and order" as most anyone, but deliberately shooting to death a couple thugs to prevent them from making off with their loot taken from your neighbor's house across the street from your home is simply not appropriate.

I think that sort of thing would result in an indictment for murder here in Oklahoma. Particularly since you can't use deadly force to protect property in Oklahoma, especially someone else's property.

Yeah see that's the difference.

In Texas, the use of deadly force is authorized to protect another's property if you believe such use of force would be justified if it was your own property and if used to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing said crimes from escaping with the property.

These dirtbags were repeat offenders in that same area. He finally had enough of it and put a stop to it. I say he did the right thing.

TMcGee86
3/17/2009, 10:30 AM
The real kicker comes in that "criminal mischief during the nighttime."

There is no set definition but theoretically you could say egging a car or house would fall under it.

Though I wouldn't want to be the defendant claiming that after shooting some kid.

StoopTroup
3/18/2009, 11:29 AM

I think you might feel differently if your neighbor used that mower they were trying to steal for his mowing business...especially if the neighbor mowed your yard for free from now on.

There's value in protecting your neighborhood.

I do agree though that if you could have run these guys off without killing them...it would really be in their best interest to leave and never come back...maybe they would even think about changing their life and quit stealing.

The guy I saw arrested in my neighborhood...if I saw him around here again...I wouldn't have to much of a problem keeping him around until the Cops got here again. I'm pretty sure most folks wouldn't want him snooping around their house either.

Maybe Oklahoma ought to change the law.

On a better note...what if the neighbor had guns in his house and you knew it and if they were to get in there...they would make off with guns and ammo...maybe even walk over to your house next and rob and kill your family while you were gone? I'd make my neighbor a freaking hero if he stopped something like that from happening.

SoonerJack
3/19/2009, 09:52 AM
Perhaps a couple of well-placed knee-cap shots would have done the trick?