PDA

View Full Version : I got stuck doing the office bracket thingy

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 09:00 AM
I'm not a basketball fan.

two questions por favor:

1) When will all the first round teams be set? Today or Sunday?:confused:

2) Anybody got a URL for a printable bracket sheet that will have all the first round teams pre-filled-in? They have a printable bracket sheet on espn.com but its blank.

I gotta do this right because the people I work with take this crap very seriously.:O

TIA

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 09:07 AM
It will be set tomorrow starting at 5. At around 6:30. Go to www.cbssportsline.com and print out theirs to male copies. I usually find theirs the easiest to use.

I actually save the printable graphic onto my desktop. The insert it into a word document, reduce the margins, and stretch it it to make it a little bigger. Helps when adding up the points for 25-30 entries.

If you want just PEEM me your email and I'll send you the one I do before I put all the point values on it.

SoonerInFla
3/14/2009, 09:12 AM
Homey.
I'm not sure when they set the 1st round teams. Join the espn bracket game. When the set the brackets, make your picks.Then, you can print it out.

Okla-homey
3/14/2009, 09:13 AM
It will be set tomorrow starting at 5. At around 6:30. Go to www.cbssportsline.com and print out theirs to male copies. I usually find theirs the easiest to use.

I actually save the printable graphic onto my desktop. The insert it into a word document, reduce the margins, and stretch it it to make it a little bigger. How when adding up the points for 25-30 entries.

If you want just PEEM me your email and I'll send you the one I do before I put all the point values on it.

That would be awesome. Thanks a lot. PEEM sent.

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 09:20 AM
Edit: nevermind. Read the Peem and you ARE running it. Will send as soon as it is done

SoonerInFla
3/14/2009, 09:27 AM
Here's the one we use at ESPN if you want to check it out. It's called Tournament Challenge. You can create a group. Once everyone fills their bracket and the games start, you can see everyones brackets.
It's off to the right under mini games.

http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 09:50 AM
I've tried for years to get everyone at my work to sign up for a website so i can track it online.

I'll still track it by hand...

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 10:41 AM

Your use of the word male in this manner might upset Dean. Be careful. :D ;)

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2009, 10:45 AM
Another endorsement of cbssportsline.

The nice thing about it is that even if your coworkers refuse to set their bracket online, you can do it for them and eliminate the hassle of keeping track by hand.

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 11:01 AM
Another endorsement of cbssportsline.

The nice thing about it is that even if your coworkers refuse to set their bracket online, you can do it for them and eliminate the hassle of keeping track by hand.

Won't i have to setup accounts for each one?

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 11:02 AM
Your use of the word male in this manner might upset Dean. Be careful. :D ;)

That's the Iphone auto correction for ya...

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2009, 11:21 AM
Won't i have to setup accounts for each one?

Nope. There's an option for offline players

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 11:27 AM
Nope. There's an option for offline players

jackpot

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 11:35 AM
hey froze:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/technologylive/2009/03/live-sports-are.html

Every game on your Iphone for $5. Must have WIFI, or you just get audio.

win.

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2009, 11:48 AM
That's pretty friggin' sweet except:

No 3G up here, so reception on audio only will still likely be terrible.
If I've got Edge going, I get massive GSM interference with my speakers.
If I have access to WiFi, I'm probably at home anyhow and watching on TV.

Though it will be nice to be able to watch the OU game without breaks. :D

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2009, 11:52 AM
If I have access to WiFi, I'm probably at home anyhow and watching on TV.

Yeah, but you only get the 1 game in your region.

I have Thursday and Friday off, so I foresee a game on the TV, a game on the laptop, a game on the Iphone (plugged into the charger and the boy on my lap gettin' some schoolin' on The Dance at the ripe age of 1 month. :D

StoopTroup
3/14/2009, 12:03 PM
I was working when we lost to aggie. The Wife said my Son was bummed out after the loss. Even though I was at work...I now know these last six years of training have taken hold!

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !