PDA

View Full Version : So Baylor just knocked off Kansas...

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 01:33 PM
Um, WTH? It's like Bill Self gets into a tournament atmosphere and forgets his head.

sooner518
3/12/2009, 01:37 PM
i really wanted to pay those assclowns back. oh well.

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 01:39 PM
I don't think it was all Self.

We just choked. I mean, 40% shooting? Morningstar only has 2 points? Collins goes 6-20 on FGs?

Pathetic doesn't begin to cover that performance.

oumartin
3/12/2009, 01:41 PM
Loved the 3(air)ball Collins put up there at the end!

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 01:43 PM
Which one? I think he did it about 3 times in the second half.

JohnnyMack
3/12/2009, 01:44 PM
Loved the 3(air)ball Collins put up there at the end!

You like it any time someone puts balls up in the air.

Just sayin'.

badger
3/12/2009, 01:46 PM
So... KU_Sooner... how bout putting up a nice, big OU logo as your avatar now to show your true intelligence? :)

EDIT: Wow, that sounded ALL WRONG. I meant ALLEGIANCE, not intelligence. Apologies. :(

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 01:49 PM
Well since I don't have to worry about us anymore I guess that's what I'll do.

Please just decimate Missouri (I mean that in the literal meaning as well ;) ).

What is it with us and the "B" teams?

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think it was all Self.

We just choked. I mean, 40% shooting? Morningstar only has 2 points? Collins goes 6-20 on FGs?

Pathetic doesn't begin to cover that performance.

A. 40% shooting isn't terrible
2. Morningstar didn't exactly try to do anything
d. Collins was hotter in the 2nd, but it was Self's refusal to pound the ball down low that killed them

I thought what's his face in the post was supposed to be awesome? He did some good stuff, but never got the ball. I was impressed with his rebounding, but it's not hard against the lovable lanky losers that Baylor trots out down low.

badger
3/12/2009, 01:53 PM
Well since I don't have to worry about us anymore I guess that's what I'll do

I think my spell check took over my last post - I meant "allegiance," not "intelligence." I don't think KU fans are unintelligent ;)

As a peace offering, please accept this avatar which is perfect for the fan torn between their allegiance (not intelligence) toward supporting KU, or toward supporting OU.

http://i41.tinypic.com/bisayc.jpg

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2009, 01:53 PM
I recall a tournament just recently that Self did OK in...

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 01:57 PM
The problem with 40% is that the only way we win is with 50% or more. Allof our losses this season have seen shooting in the 40-45% range. The only one outside that was the loss to Tech where we shot 33%.

The thing is Aldrich IS a good player...if you give him the chance. For some reason we stuck to the perimeter. That 9-2 run in the second half happened when we exploited the zone and sent Marcus Morris inside to hit 2 pointers. Then we just stopped giving him the ball as soon as we were back down by 1. Reed nailed two important threes, but after that he never got the ball back. It's hard for me to pick one specific area where we collapsed because there were failures happening all over the place.

bri
3/12/2009, 01:59 PM

Heh.

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 02:00 PM

I could do OK with that team. It's just like Roy Williams finally winning with his NBA team when he went to UNC.

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2009, 02:05 PM
I could do OK with that team. It's just like Roy Williams finally winning with his NBA team when he went to UNC.

Strange that neither Bill Self nor Roy Williams can coach, but KU seems to win a lot of games every year.

badger
3/12/2009, 02:08 PM
Strange that neither Bill Self nor Roy Williams can coach, but KU seems to win a lot of games every year.

Outsiders say the same thing about Bob Stoops come January every year.

I don't think it's a matter of "can coach" or "can't coach." It's a matter of "put up" or "shut up" come the postseason.

This time, Rock Chalk got "shut up." I hope OU can now "put up" ... another Big 12 tourney championship banner :D

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 02:17 PM
I'm pointing the finger at the alphabet personally. We need to just not play teams whose names start with B. Bucknell...Bradley...Bruins...Baylor...

Unfortunately this is the team that we were picked to have this year. It looked like we had shaken that but we couldn't stay hot forever. It looks like that loss to Tech has shaken us a lot more than it initially looked like.

On the brightside (for us at least) Collins and Aldrich will likely stay around. They don't want this to be one of the last things that NBA scouts see before the draft.

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 02:27 PM

Oh, no no no no... You're putting words into my mouth, my friend. I said they leave their brains at Allen fieldhouse when it's tourney time. I think this is playing in their heads when it's time to dance:

J_DV9b0x7v4

bri
3/12/2009, 02:30 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3349093745_c004bf48dd_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3622/3349087933_342a46c039_o.jpg

KU_Sooner
Oh, no no no no... You're putting words into my mouth, my friend. I said they leave their brains at Allen fieldhouse when it's tourney time. I think this is playing in their heads when it's time to dance:

J_DV9b0x7v4

Wouldn't be surprised honestly.

Hopefully they'll get some time in the next week to rest and recover from some of the fatigue that's starting to set in on the younger players.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
If anything this shows me that Self is a good coach. Aldrich and Collins are very good players, several of the others are solid but talent-wise this KU team isn't close to what it has been in the last 10-15 years. I know KU caught a big break when Blake was hurt but even if we had won that game KU overachieved this year.

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 02:35 PM
If anything this shows me that Self is a good coach. Aldrich and Collins are very good players, several of the others are solid but talent-wise this KU team isn't close to what it has been in the last 10-15 years. I know KU caught a big break when Blake was hurt but even if we had won that game KU overachieved this year.

Exactly. I'm still proud of how well our team's done this year. Unfortunately the youth aspect is starting to catch up to us. I think doing so well in the regular season burned us out.

C&CDean
3/12/2009, 04:09 PM
Blake is a B word.

C&CDean
3/12/2009, 04:10 PM
Blake is a B word.

badger
3/12/2009, 05:12 PM
B is a Blake word.

;)

JohnnyMack
3/12/2009, 05:15 PM
Dean is a D word.

badger
3/12/2009, 05:16 PM
D-word, the B-word game is less than an hour away!

B-oomer! ;)

KU_Sooner
3/12/2009, 09:19 PM
Frustrating day.

KU loses.

K-State loses.

Then this...

I can't bring myself to cheer for any of these teams that are left in. Except MAYBE Tech...

They had better beat Mizzery. Even if they win just this game, they're going to be impossible to live with. I'm glad I'm going to be overseas for the rest of this tourney. It's a disaster so far for every decent fan in the Big XII.