PDA

View Full Version : So seriously....what happend...

Bosley
3/12/2009, 05:49 AM
To the Reggie Bush USC thing?

I was watching some Reggie Bush thing on TV today when it hit me...

That investigation just fell of the ship. It just disappeared. I follow this stuff like any other average Joe, and wanted to know if anyone on here has heard anything on Reggie-Gate in LA? Is any news source doing an independent invesitgation, has ESPN or any other news source followed up on this?

Any info would be great.

olevetonahill
3/12/2009, 06:06 AM
More smoke and mirrors crap
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/14/sports/sp-ncaa14
Another article , Again most of this shat is over a year old
http://www.thehookandlateral.com/2007/12/20/update-reggie-bush-investigation-heisman-brethren/

starclassic tama
3/12/2009, 10:14 AM
nothing happened. that's kind of the big deal.

soonerfan28
3/12/2009, 10:24 AM
It's getting old. Take his ****in Heisman and give it to Young and strip those SOB's of all of the crap he did while he was there. Give Auburn that championship and let it be over.

badger
3/12/2009, 10:51 AM
I've moved on from ever hoping the the NCAA will drop the hammer on SC. In order for the NCAA to do anything, they need proof. They need witnesses and associates to come forward and present information. All they have right now is Yahoo Sports allegations for the Reggie Bush thing, and an ESPN report from OJ Mayo's former associate on the basketball side.

The fact of the matter is that when you see the NCAA disciplining teams like Alabama, or Florida State, or even us back for our 2005 year, it was because we each reported ourselves on our own violations. USC has done nothing, so the NCAA has no proof.

At this point, there will be no proof, so there will be no discipline against USC. End of discussion. If it makes you feel better, we took the high road in reporting the Bomar/Quinn thing. USC hid it's Bush/Mayo stuff. We owned up to our athlete's mistakes. They didn't.

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 10:56 AM
Private schools can get away with just about whatever they want. No open records requests = no info they don't want leaking out. All they have to do is clam up and the NCAA can't do crap.

But if we pull the same stunt, they just go around us, find out the things they need to, and hit us even harder. Fair, right? The NCAA is crap, and always has been.

badger
3/12/2009, 11:01 AM
If you'd like more anti-USC stuff to keep you occupied while waiting on the NCAA, here is something that might eat up a few minutes:

ESPN OTL on "package deals" in college basketball recruiting (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/02/hackett-espn.html)

But seriously, let it go. We had the Heisman, the Big 12 championship, the top basketball player in the country soon to be named PoY, the best coaches of major programs you could ask for, and they have Little Bow Wow. Woof. Woof. Woof. :rolleyes:

goingoneight
3/12/2009, 08:34 PM
If you're a "private school" and you don't want the NCAA sniffing your program out... go play ball with the "private schools." That's 100% completely unfair.

Now, as for what happened regarding Bush and the 2004 and 2005 Trojans... nothing happened. Nothing will happen. As I said as soon as this whole thing came up in late 2005... nothing will happen.

The Remnant
3/12/2009, 09:05 PM
I thought that regardless of the issuance of sanctions, if the NCAA undertakes an investigation then they must report their findings. The NCAA hasn't even done that yet. Some of you out there in the blogosphere are alot more knowledgable about this than I am. It would seem that if the NCAA had exonerated USC, it would have been reported. Or could it be that the NCAA wants everybody to forget about this matter.

IBleedCrimson
3/13/2009, 04:04 AM
Or could it be that the NCAA wants everybody to forget about this matter.

this.

kinda like how baseball doesnt want people to focus on star athletes using steroids, the ncaa doesnt want one of cfb super-elite's reputation tarnished. they come out hard against minor offenses (bomar), but wont go the distance when it matters (reggie bush). too much $ at stake

OU_Sooners75
3/13/2009, 04:21 AM
I thought that regardless of the issuance of sanctions, if the NCAA undertakes an investigation then they must report their findings. The NCAA hasn't even done that yet. Some of you out there in the blogosphere are alot more knowledgable about this than I am. It would seem that if the NCAA had exonerated USC, it would have been reported. Or could it be that the NCAA wants everybody to forget about this matter.

Exactly right.

To add more...

There is this thing called court. And said court has said that no info can be released yet since there is still a battle in the court about it.

The NCAA is going to look at what happened to Reggie Bush (as the governing body of athletics at USC they must)...but they cannot do anything of value until the case is settled in court. And even then, their investigation will not go far if there is a gag order for the results of the court preceedings.

This thing could take years before the NCAA does a formal investigation. And when/if they start one, USC must comply and give all their findings. Private university or not, they are bound by the NCAA like the other members are.

Bosley
3/16/2009, 05:36 PM
Exactly right.

To add more...

There is this thing called court. And said court has said that no info can be released yet since there is still a battle in the court about it.

The NCAA is going to look at what happened to Reggie Bush (as the governing body of athletics at USC they must)...but they cannot do anything of value until the case is settled in court. And even then, their investigation will not go far if there is a gag order for the results of the court preceedings.

This thing could take years before the NCAA does a formal investigation. And when/if they start one, USC must comply and give all their findings. Private university or not, they are bound by the NCAA like the other members are.

What the hell? When did USC take the NCAA to court to place a gag order on the details of the investigation? If that's not an admission of guilt I dont know what is. I'm surprised the media hasn't at least taken notice of a court battle over it.

OU_Sooners75
3/16/2009, 08:31 PM
What the hell? When did USC take the NCAA to court to place a gag order on the details of the investigation? If that's not an admission of guilt I dont know what is. I'm surprised the media hasn't at least taken notice of a court battle over it.

Obviously you do not follow things closely.

USC did not take the NCAA to court. However, there is a lawsuit going on between Reggie Bush and his ex-future agents. And until that is resolved, the NCAA cannot ask questions to the instigator of the lawsuit...Mr. Lloyd Lake.

Mr. Lake is suing to get his money back that he supposedly gave Reggie Bush while at USC.