PDA

View Full Version : The "winner plays us" OSU vs. ISU game

badger
3/11/2009, 07:00 PM
For those of you who haven't tuned in or don't plan to, the Pokes are choking majorly versus Iowa State.

A technical foul called on some OSU assistant about halfway through the first half led to a little momentum switch to ISU and the Pokes have not been tied or led since. It was 20-20 at the time and Cyc's are now up 38-35 at halftime.

Basically what happened was before a TV timeout, an OSU assistant made the traveling motion with his arms. The petty ref, likely in a move to compensate for his one-inch... pinkie finger... scurried up to said assistant, seemed to ask him what he said, the assistant responded, then the ref T'd him up.

In all, Iowa State has been called for ONE foul, by my count. No, not a typo. The pro-OSU crowd at OKC's Ford Center gave a loud ovation for the refs when they finally called something against the Cyc's.

For those of you who are Little Country fans out there, he sat most of the first half with two fouls. I've only seen him swish one trey so far, but I missed about the first five minutes or so.

Again, 38-35, Iowa State leading Oklahoma State at the half. It is on the Big 12 Network, check the other thread for your television station (it's Channel 2/9 in Tulsa). We definitely can and will beat either of these teams... I almost want to play the Pokes after the crapfest that was the first half. Wow.

jdsooner
3/11/2009, 07:07 PM
Go Clones

jdsooner
3/11/2009, 07:09 PM
Cowboys come out hot and lead by 2.

jdsooner
3/11/2009, 07:13 PM
osu fans boo-hooing a lot! Typical.

badger
3/11/2009, 07:18 PM
Baj with your 15 minutes until OP.com meltdown update...

Iowa State 48
Poke State 47

There continue to be no foul calls against Iowa St. Granted, I've only seen a few over the backs by big white guy that shoots threes and maybe a few charges by their studly Cyclone, but whatev. No reason for Poke fans to uberly whine.

14 minutes to go, and OSU just took the lead, 49-48

badger
3/11/2009, 07:22 PM
Steals:
Poke State: 8
Iowa State: 1

Paint points:
Poke State: 22
Iowa State: 8

We are now 12:20 away from our OP.com meltdown, 50-48 pokes lead.

Click here (http://http://newsok.com/travis-ford-was-a-home-run-hire-for-osu/article/3352181) for a soon-to-be-declared premature column on Travesty Ford being a good hire for OSU.

badger
3/11/2009, 07:25 PM
Pokes in the middle of an 11-4 run during the past four minutes or so.

Poke State 55
Iowa State 52

11 minutes to go...

badger
3/11/2009, 07:31 PM
Some things were typed earlier... incorrect things... silly things... things that no longer apply to the current situation...

Poke State: 62
Iowa State: 54

8:43 to go.

colleyvillesooner
3/11/2009, 07:46 PM
Respect the jinx...

badger
3/11/2009, 07:47 PM
69-60 3:20 to go.

Looks like it's Badlem part 3 or so :rolleyes:

tommieharris91
3/11/2009, 07:49 PM
wEer GUNA BEET THEMZ G00NERZ tamoraw11!!11:eddie:

badger
3/11/2009, 07:57 PM
:les:[hairGel]
75-65 about a min and half 2 go.
:stunned::eddie:
I will just cower away now from this board for my misfortune in falsely predicting the outcome... unless, of course, you count that little bracket I drew up for the men's tourney yesterday ;)

oumartin
3/11/2009, 08:08 PM
Um, OSU came back and whipped em

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/11/2009, 08:45 PM
Um, OSU came back and whipped emBOO-HISSSSS

sooner2b09
3/11/2009, 08:45 PM
I am glad OSU won, merely cause we just get another chance to show how amazing Blake is

nighttrain12
3/11/2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, but its tough beating a team 3 times in one season. The Aggies weren't blown out either game against us.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/11/2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, but its tough beating a team 3 times in one season. The Aggies weren't blown out either game against us.

It's easier when they have to turn around less than 24 hours after a game they rallied from behind to win. Especially when it is a team without much size. Not saying I expect tommorrow to be a blowout. Ags will come to play. If we come out with intensity though and don't get into an early hole the Ags will hit that wall with about 6-8 minutes to go in the game. Seen it lots of times.

SCOUT
3/11/2009, 10:44 PM
OSU won because they pounded the ball inside time and again. ISU doesn't have much of an answer for that. I think we might be able to put up some resistance to that style of play :D

Salt City Sooner
3/11/2009, 10:56 PM
Speaking of Aggies (of the Texas variety), they just blew a 22 point lead & lost to Tech, 88-83.

illinisooner
3/12/2009, 01:04 AM
I was at the game tonight, Poke fans acted exactly how I would expect them to, so it was funny. My mates and I were betting beers on the games to make them more interesting. Heard a rumor about Blake coming down with the flu today, any truth to that?

colleyvillesooner
3/12/2009, 08:11 AM
Just like Bradford had the Flu for the orange bowl? I wonder who starts these rumors.

badger
3/12/2009, 08:51 AM
OSU won because they pounded the ball inside time and again.

They won because the basketball gods frowned upon my thread calling for future OP.com meltdowns and mentioning the ref issues. I should have learned from the likes of basketball dieties David Stern and Big 12 Commish whatever-his-name-is that ref bashing, especially suggesting that it has something to do with size, would result in petty technicals, or pointing out the lack of foul calls against Iowa State.

I stand here (cyber-like) humbled. I will do everything I can to not anger the basketball gods ever again, because dag nabbit, there are several trophies that I want our team to win (remember, the national champion gets TWO trophies, so "several" applies here).

Now... drown Aggy's kittens! :stunned:

:D

Bourbon St Sooner
3/12/2009, 11:23 AM
Can somebody please guard that Anderson feller tonight? plzkthx.

NormanPride
3/12/2009, 11:40 AM
OSU won because in the second half when their shots weren't falling they could dump the ball down low. Then whoever was down there could charge, walk, double dribble, hook, or just outplay the defender. It's sad when even the announcers say "Well, it looked like he double dribbled there..." or "I think he got away with a couple charges there.." And "Why did the refs not call that?"

The officiating was atrocious, as usual. Why does the Big 12 suck at officiating basketball? Can't we farm refs from areas that know what the hell they're doing?