PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade should be the NBA MVP.

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 10:03 AM
Discuss.

JLEW1818
3/13/2009, 02:58 PM
I've now see all 3 of the big guys live.. Kobe, Lebron, Dwade...

The best basketball player of the 3 is CLEARLY Kobe Bryant, in my opinion.

As far as MVP, I'm going with Kobe. He has beating both Cleveland and Boston, and plays in a much harder conference. He makes guys like Powell and Luke Walton look great. Dwade will get hit because of his teams record. What has happened to the heat ever since O'Neil left? Same could be said about Kobe, but he got his team to the finals last year against teams in the west, and this year I honestly think LA wins the finals, if they get home court over Boston.

If I had a vote, i would vote Kobe in a heart beat.

I hate him, but still.

"MVP"
3/13/2009, 08:32 PM
I've now see all 3 of the big guys live.. Kobe, Lebron, Dwade...

The best basketball player of the 3 is CLEARLY Kobe Bryant, in my opinion.

As far as MVP, I'm going with Kobe. He has beating both Cleveland and Boston, and plays in a much harder conference. He makes guys like Powell and Luke Walton look great. Dwade will get hit because of his teams record. What has happened to the heat ever since O'Neil left? Same could be said about Kobe, but he got his team to the finals last year against teams in the west, and this year I honestly think LA wins the finals, if they get home court over Boston.

If I had a vote, i would vote Kobe in a heart beat.

I hate him, but still.

I wouldn't say anyone is CLEARLY but I would say LeBron and Wade are tied for best player and Kobe is a close second. LeBron has size and strength over Wade, but Wade has a softer touch. I'd say LeBron is MVP. Remember when LeBron's numbers were crazy, but didn't get the MVP because his team didn't win 50 games? That is Wade this year. An MVP has never came from a team with less than 50 wins.

JLEW1818
3/13/2009, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't say anyone is CLEARLY but I would say LeBron and Wade are tied for best player and Kobe is a close second. LeBron has size and strength over Wade, but Wade has a softer touch. I'd say LeBron is MVP. Remember when LeBron's numbers were crazy, but didn't get the MVP because his team didn't win 50 games? That is Wade this year. An MVP has never came from a team with less than 50 wins.

Kobe is the best player since MJ. Wade is not in the same category with Kobe or Lebron.

"MVP"
3/13/2009, 11:18 PM
Kobe is the best player since MJ. Wade is not in the same category with Kobe or Lebron.

I agree that Kobe is the best player since MJ. He is a beast, but right now, this season, I have to put Wade and Bron ahead of him.

JLEW1818
3/14/2009, 01:19 AM
how come, all Kobe has done is beat Boston, Cleveland, and Miami....

"MVP"
3/14/2009, 09:36 AM
how come, all Kobe has done is beat Boston, Cleveland, and Miami....

how com, all LeBron has done is average more PPG, FG%, RPG, APG, SPG, and BPG than Kobe? Both teams have the same record and Cleveland has beat some very elite teams, too. Miami, Boston, San Antonio, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Portland, Denver, etc. Both teams are great, but LeBron deserves it over Kobe, and even though I think Wade may be better than Kobe at this point, Kobe is my #3.

JLEW1818
3/14/2009, 01:46 PM
I'll make a wager that Kobe wins the finals. Kobe has beat everybody too, including beating Lebron on his home court, the only team to do it. Lebron might end up winning the MVP, but Kobe is the best player still today. I'll take Kobe any day over Lebron with the game on the line.

The east is a JV league.

I could careless who is the MVP at this point. LeBron is going to win no matter what due to how much hype he gets over every single player in the league.

It's hard to support, because EVERYBODY uses Stats to determine everything. These are the same people who probably think Jose Calderon is a Top 10 PG when clearly he isn't even better than T.J Ford.

JLEW1818
3/14/2009, 02:11 PM
Another thing, Lebron juices his stats against horrible teams, last night for example. Kobe's numbers stay about even no matter who is playing. which are not far behind james.

JohnnyMack
3/14/2009, 02:42 PM
Kobe for MVP? Seriously? Look he's a great player, may be the best pure scorer in the game, but he's not the most valuable.

DWade 29.7 ppg (1)
King James 28.6 ppg (2)
The Rapist 28.0 ppg (3)

DWade 5.1 rpg (63)
King James 7.4 rpg (27)
The Rapist 5.4 rpg (52)

DWade 7.7 apg (8)
King James 7.2 apg (10)
The Rapist 4.9 apg (27)

DWade 2.25 steals pg (2)
King James 1.72 steals pg (7)
The Rapist 1.28 steals pg (23)

Hell CP3 leads the league in steals and assists and is 12th in scoring. One could argue he's more valuable than The Rapist. And yeah Kobe really showed up last year in the finals.

"MVP"
3/14/2009, 03:36 PM
Another thing, Lebron juices his stats against horrible teams, last night for example. Kobe's numbers stay about even no matter who is playing. which are not far behind james.

That's a stupid comment. The Cavs' game went into overtime and LeBron had 51. Would you rather have him score 28 and the Cavs lose? It just happens to be that he is the best scorer in the league, and it is much easier to score against bad teams than good teams.

"MVP"
3/14/2009, 03:37 PM
Kobe for MVP? Seriously? Look he's a great player, may be the best pure scorer in the game, but he's not the most valuable.

DWade 29.7 ppg (1)
King James 28.6 ppg (2)
The Rapist 28.0 ppg (3)

DWade 5.1 rpg (63)
King James 7.4 rpg (27)
The Rapist 5.4 rpg (52)

DWade 7.7 apg (8)
King James 7.2 apg (10)
The Rapist 4.9 apg (27)

DWade 2.25 steals pg (2)
King James 1.72 steals pg (7)
The Rapist 1.28 steals pg (23)

Hell CP3 leads the league in steals and assists and is 12th in scoring. One could argue he's more valuable than The Rapist. And yeah Kobe really showed up last year in the finals.

While I agree that Kobe is the least valuable of the three, it isn't all about stats. He averaged what? Like 35 PPG one year and finished 3rd in MVP voting? It is who has a great team, is a leader, great defensive player, etc.

JohnnyMack
3/14/2009, 04:03 PM
Kobe's defense isn't great and he's more of a pouter than he is a leader.

JLEW1818
3/14/2009, 11:34 PM
Kobe has beat the cavs twice and boston twice, gotta get some love for that. I think James might end up winning the MVP, but you can't say stats are everything. So i guess I'll pick James to win the MVP, and Kobe to win the finals.

Michael Jordan is the truest MVP b/c he had the stats and the rings.

JLEW1818
3/14/2009, 11:42 PM
Kobe is also more balance offensively.

http://www.82games.com/0809/FGSORT7.HTM

But Lebron's hype is ridiculous with the media, kinda Tim Tebow.