PDA

View Full Version : Bri...

stoops the eternal pimp
3/9/2009, 10:52 PM
The last time I caught MC Chris in concert, he had a dude that opened for him called This Show is the Rainbow..have you heard this guy before...he was a trip. He basically performed while he hung out in the audience..Next time you see MC, you should ask him about this dude

bri
3/10/2009, 02:11 PM
I would, but mc's giving up on the music thing for a while. Or at least, that's what he was saying when I quit paying attention to him 'cause he was constantly being a whiny little emo bitch, and his new stuff kept sucking. :D

TMcGee86
3/10/2009, 03:40 PM
My backpack's... got jets.

MC Chris RULES!

though I agree, he hasn't put out anything decent in forever.

bri
3/10/2009, 04:02 PM
I was actually wearing my "Backpack's Got Jets" shirt yesterday. It just reminded me how much I love Life's A Bitch, And I'm Her Pimp and Eating's Not Cheatin', and how much I can live without everything after that. Plus, you get tired of him bitching and whining constantly in blogs and being a dickhole on stage.

Rhino
3/10/2009, 06:51 PM
I saw The Show is the Rainbow (http://www.myspace.com/theshowistherainbow) about five or six years ago in OKC. He's definitely a trip. Similar to Har Mar Superstar, but Nebraskan and better. When I saw him, it was just him and a boom box.

WAWSeHyBJ8s

royalfan5
3/10/2009, 08:33 PM
The Show is the Rainbow is likely the second most best musical artist to come out of Lincoln. Depending on how you classify the Mogis brothers I guess.

RacerX
3/11/2009, 06:27 AM
The Show is the Rainbow is likely the second most best musical artist to come out of Lincoln. Depending on how you classify the Mogis brothers I guess.

Matthew Sweet would be the best, end of discussion.

royalfan5
3/11/2009, 06:43 AM
Matthew Sweet would be the best, end of discussion. Which why I put second best in my post when referring to TSITR.

bri
3/11/2009, 12:06 PM
Heh, I was gonna mention Matthew Sweet but I figured I'd leave that one for Racer. :D

Plus, I'm still not sold on Sunshine Lies.

royalfan5
6/28/2009, 09:38 PM
So I'll be seeing The Show is the Rainbow performing acousticish tomorrow night, as my friend Cory is playing a show with him in Lincoln. Should be interesting.

JLEW1818
6/28/2009, 10:01 PM
so Bri has had a couple of threads this summer

CrimsonJim
6/28/2009, 10:13 PM
Bri lives!!! :D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/29/2009, 08:39 AM
So I'll be seeing The Show is the Rainbow performing acousticish tomorrow night, as my friend Cory is playing a show with him in Lincoln. Should be interesting.

awesome..when I saw him, he used windows media player and a sheet draped over a bar for the screen

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 10:04 AM

dont forget to let me know how the show went!

royalfan5
6/30/2009, 04:08 PM
dont forget to let me know how the show went!

It was interesting as he performed as Darren Keene and not as TSIR, and played almost all new stuff. He also drank Manhattan's the whole time. It was an entertaining show between the three acts and the bacon bourbon.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 04:10 PM
really? I wonder if thats his new thing..

royalfan5
6/30/2009, 04:30 PM
really? I wonder if thats his new thing..

It think it was more of a one off, I'll go play a low key hometown show to try out new stuff thing.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 04:31 PM
Interesting...what kinda venue was it?

Scott D
6/30/2009, 04:40 PM
was it a bar?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/30/2009, 04:45 PM
When I saw him in Denton, he played this place that resembled the house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre...I couldn't fully enjoy due to the fear of a man with a chainsaw chasing me..or the geek gangs that were in attendance throwing up their geek gang signs which resembled symbols from the periodic table

Scott D
6/30/2009, 04:50 PM
Well you know, you gotta be careful, you never know when a slapfight is going to break out between the Heavy Metals and the Gases.

royalfan5
6/30/2009, 05:03 PM
Interesting...what kinda venue was it?

It was in the lobby of a theater converted to a music venue/bar/coffee shop. The "stage" is in between the coffee shop and bar. He mentioned that he was totally going to tell Hoobastank how awesome of a venue it was.