PDA

View Full Version : Any Slipknot fans in here?

8timechamps
3/9/2009, 01:09 PM
This made me feel a little old:

Yesterday, my 13 year old is listening to his iPod. And I can hear the music over the car engine and radio. So, we get home and I say "Do you always listen to your iPod that loud?"...he replies "not always, but when I listen to Slipknot I do."

Okay, I'm not that far removed from things that are "cool", I have heard of Slipknot, and have even heard some of their music. But that's about all.

We get to talking about the band. They were just here (in Denver) last week. I start telling him that it's just "noise" compared to Zeppelin, Rush, AC DC, etc. He tells me that I just don't know good music (which may be true)/

So, in order for him to "educate" me, we get online and start checking out the band.

I have to admit...I was a little freaked out.

It's not that I think there is something "evil" going on...just freaked out.

I guess I don't get the artistic merit of the masks.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, see for yourself:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_K44VqhNa9KA/SaaMA6gW--I/AAAAAAAAAqg/dFq8fNgDJEA/S660/makeup_slipknot1%5B1%5D.gif

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2009, 01:25 PM
I was into them back in my metal band days. Big live show, some "666" and Pentagram logos on their suits/stage (used to have them don't know if they still do) and the language are the things to watch out for/explain.

They really suck now. Their first two CD's were pretty good.

yermom
3/9/2009, 01:44 PM
i always thought they were kinda meh

i do think it's kinda funny that it's kinda the same guys that did this:

LJGWOI6TqM4

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 02:06 PM
It's just a continuation of Alice Cooper/KISS/Motley Crue/etc on the masks and faux Satanism. I'll withhold judgment on any artistic merit they may or may not have.

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2009, 02:13 PM
i always thought they were kinda meh

i do think it's kinda funny that it's kinda the same guys that did this:

LJGWOI6TqM4

Just two of them... ;)

yermom
3/9/2009, 02:14 PM
i said "kinda" :D

soonerinabilene
3/9/2009, 04:10 PM
Their new song "Dead Memories" is pretty catchy. Totally unlike most of their other stuff.

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2009, 04:12 PM
Their new song "Dead Memories" is pretty catchy. Totally unlike most of their other stuff.

read: sucks. ;)

soonerinabilene
3/9/2009, 04:16 PM
read: sucks. ;)

Yeah, Ive noticed most people that like their old stuff HATE this song, while most people who hate their old stuff LOVE this song.

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2009, 04:23 PM
heh, signs of a band who has made at least 3 albums.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 04:26 PM
typical high school cheese metal. he should grow out of it.

8timechamps
3/9/2009, 06:21 PM
I don't get the yelling.

Singing loud, I get. Yelling an entire song, not so much.

soonerscuba
3/9/2009, 10:50 PM
Ohhhh, we get it. You're scary, next time drop the gimmick.

I don't think their that bad, and not something I would freak about as a parent. Like Froze said, just another band that needs something besides their musical talent to sell records.