PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING BAD on the AMC channel

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/9/2009, 11:22 AM
I did a search within Soonerfans, and nothing came up. I like this show a lot. It's filling the void left when "The Riches" (on FX channel) was cancelled. A very dark comedy, indeed.

yermom
3/9/2009, 11:50 AM
i'm not sure how i'd classify this show

it's really good though

3/9/2009, 11:51 AM
haha, so any thread I start gets a one-star from the anonymous star-giver!(political or not) The shame of it all!

3/9/2009, 11:56 AM
Heh, now three. How many stars are available?

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 02:40 PM
Watched the season 2 premiere yesterday. Haven't watched any of season 1 yet, but what I was able to follow seemed promising. Patton Oswalt mentioned that it's basically what happens if Lex Luthor and the Joker start running a meth lab. :D

And there's five stars available. I'll go ahead and add a five-star vote on this thread.

3/9/2009, 02:46 PM
Watched the season 2 premiere yesterday. Haven't watched any of season 1 yet, but what I was able to follow seemed promising. Patton Oswalt mentioned that it's basically what happens if Lex Luthor and the Joker start running a meth lab. :D

And there's five stars available. I'll go ahead and add a five-star vote on this thread.Website amctv.com will let you click on view the pilot episode from last season(season #1) It's an hour episode, and excellent.

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 02:47 PM
I ordered the entire season on iTunes for like $11, so I'll watch when I get home.

3/9/2009, 03:18 PM
I ordered the entire season on iTunes for like $11, so I'll watch when I get home.There are 7 episodes in season#1, right?

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 03:20 PM
Sounds about right.

3/9/2009, 03:26 PM
I tuned in accidentally last friday night, when AMC was running a marathon of all the episodes from season One. I caught episodes 3, 4 and 5, before I got too sleepy and sacked out. Then, I watched the pilot on their website sat, I think.

Czar Soonerov
3/9/2009, 04:32 PM
Didn't know the new season started already. Great show.

Czar Soonerov
3/9/2009, 04:38 PM
TVtorrents.com has the first three episodes available. ETA: 10 minutes. :D

3/9/2009, 04:41 PM
thankew(uh, ETA of what is 10 minutes?)

Czar Soonerov
3/9/2009, 04:49 PM
thankew(uh, ETA of what is 10 minutes?)

10 minutes to download the torrent.

Jacie
3/9/2009, 08:27 PM
It is a pretty good show, an otherwise ordinary, nondescript guy facing the worst possible life outcome, checking out early with a pregnant wife and handicapped son, turning into a drug manufacturer. That he is a high school teacher really sharpens the moral divide between the person he's s'pozed to be versus what he is becoming.

Some of the best lines of season 1:

"Wanna cook?"

After confronting the homocidal psychotic Tuco with a highly reactive crystal instead of meth:

"Are you crazy?"

"Wanna find out?"

Criticism: The brother-in-law DEA agent ranges from believable good old boy to completely clueless. He is past the time when he should have connected the dots, though the role gets kudos for being in denial or protecting his kleptomaniac wife.

Praise: The guy's knowledge of chemistry is brought to play in ways that would make McGyver proud . . . blowing up the jerk's car with the windshield cleaner laid across the car battery, using the stuff from an Etch-a-Sketch to make thermite . . .

You know this can't end well but you wind up cheering for the guy to make it all the same.

3/9/2009, 08:41 PM
It is a pretty good show, an otherwise ordinary, nondescript guy facing the worst possible life outcome, checking out early with a pregnant wife and handicapped son, turning into a drug manufacturer. That he is a high school teacher really sharpens the moral divide between the person he's s'pozed to be versus what he is becoming.

Some of the best lines of season 1:

"Wanna cook?"

After confronting the homocidal psychotic Tuco with a highly reactive crystal instead of meth:

"Are you crazy?"

"Wanna find out?"

Criticism: The brother-in-law DEA agent ranges from believable good old boy to completely clueless. He is past the time when he should have connected the dots, though the role gets kudos for being in denial or protecting his kleptomaniac wife.

Praise: The guy's knowledge of chemistry is brought to play in ways that would make McGyver proud . . . blowing up the jerk's car with the windshield cleaner laid across the car battery, using the stuff from an Etch-a-Sketch to make thermite . . .

You know this can't end well but you wind up cheering for the guy to make it all the same.Didja ever watch "The Riches" on the FX channel? It ran 2 seasons, one of which was cut short by the writers strike. Similar deal, with people doing bad things, but you pull for them, anyway.

3/16/2009, 01:06 AM
Tonight's episode, #2 of season #2, good as ever. The bad guy who abducted Walt is preparing to smuggle our "heroes" to Mexico....OK, Hank got Juco, and our boys are out running in the desert..How can this last another 5 episodes?

3/16/2009, 11:31 AM
What! Did nobody here watch? Walt and Jesse's wallets and ID's are still on the table in the house, aren't they? Maybe Walt's BIL will think they are dead or something, that Juco(or whatever his name was) prolly killed them, and the bodies are missing.

3/28/2009, 01:54 AM
Well, the episode that followed never had Hank (the narc/DEA BIL of Walt) mention anything about getting wallets or ID's at Kuco's house in the desert, or on Kuco's dead body, so that may be a shoe that will drop later, or a flaw in the plot.

StoopTroup
3/28/2009, 10:54 AM
I've seen The riches and Breaking bad. Weeds has some moments too.

http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/home.do

Jacie
3/29/2009, 12:59 PM
I think they picked their wallets up off the table after Tuco went to make lunch.

Concerning things that haven't happened yet, what will Jesse and Mr. White do with a fresh batch of crystal now that they've managed to kill or get killed not one but two drug distributors in the Greater Tucson Area? It's not like these guys grow on trees.

Really good elements from last week: Jesse keeping his head and figuring a way to come up with an alibi using the hooker (bonus points for the hooker almost getting Hank in trouble!) and Tuco's grandfather not giving Jesse up even though he despised the kid.

I think the next thing that will happen is that Hank, dumb as he is, will finally start putting pieces together . . .

The gas mask he knows came from his brother-in-law's classroom

His brother-in-law knows A LOT ABOUT CHEMISTRY

But not much about breaking and entering

The extra cell phone

Brother-in-law's connection to Jesse

And brother-in-law's statement to his wife: I don't know where to begin

3/29/2009, 01:25 PM
I think they picked their wallets up off the table after Tuco went to make lunch.

Concerning things that haven't happened yet, what will Jesse and Mr. White do with a fresh batch of crystal now that they've managed to kill or get killed not one but two drug distributors in the Greater Tucson Area? It's not like these guys grow on trees.

Really good elements from last week: Jesse keeping his head and figuring a way to come up with an alibi using the hooker (bonus points for the hooker almost getting Hank in trouble!) and Tuco's grandfather not giving Jesse up even though he despised the kid.

I think the next thing that will happen is that Hank, dumb as he is, will finally start putting pieces together . . .

The gas mask he knows came from his brother-in-law's classroom

His brother-in-law knows A LOT ABOUT CHEMISTRY

But not much about breaking and entering

The extra cell phone

Brother-in-law's connection to Jesse

And brother-in-law's statement to his wife: I don't know where to beginIt's Tuco, not Juco or Kuko? I couldn't tell for sure, but anyway, he's history. They are in Albuquerque, I'm pretty sure.

I didn't notice, or didn't see them picking up their wallets.

No doubt Jesse has some more meth connections.

I still couldn't imagine the old man not squealing on Jesse. After all, it was his young relative who got killed, and he might not have any source of help or income...?

They will find Walt's second cell phone out in the desert sometime, I would bet.

We'll see tonight!

3/30/2009, 01:17 AM
Never mind.

Rogue
3/30/2009, 08:09 PM
Just watched my first show.
Season 2, episode 1.
I'm hooked.
Should I go rent season 1 or just catch up on season 2 watching it On Demand?

3/30/2009, 08:19 PM
Season 1 rocks.

Jacie
3/30/2009, 08:49 PM
Season 1 rocks.

Well, the underlying theme of the series is about an ordinary person responding to extraordinary circumstances, with the focus on the moral dilemma from deciding what is right vs. wrong.

In season 1 we found out it wasn't just Walt who compromises. His brother-in-law, an agent with the DEA, smoked contraband Cuban cigars (we saw another compomise in last week's episode when the hooker confronted him about telling her to do his underage nephew). We've seen brother-in-law's wife shoplift on two occassions. So three of the main characters have done something against the law, the difference being a matter of degrees.

There are at least six times I can think of where Walt's knowledge of chemistry is crucial to the events and they rate from cool (think McGyver) to totally hilarious in how things play out.

There is also a scene where Walt first meets Tuco that is one of my favorites of the series so far.

So yes, you should try to watch season 1.

3/31/2009, 12:31 AM
Last night''s episode was interesting, and good, but not as much "fun" as the others, IMO. So much grief and mind games. More depressing than most.

Rogue
3/31/2009, 09:24 PM
Stopped by Blockbuster to rent season 1.
They don't have it, even though it came out in Feb.

KC//CRIMSON
4/4/2009, 12:02 AM
Do you people ever pay attention? Gah.

http://www.movie-forumz.org/showthread.php?t=78357

4/6/2009, 11:35 AM
4-5-09 episode:
1)Why did Walt choose to pay cash for his medical treatment($13K I think), instead of use insurance through the school where he worked?
2)Why did Hank throw that encased "grill" into that river at the end of the show?
3)Why was Hank seemingly dizzy in that elevator ride?
4) any significance to the 2 wetbacks finding the encased grill at the river's edge?

yermom
4/6/2009, 11:45 AM
1) Walt's insurance doesn't pay for the better treatment that he's getting, i believe

2) see #3. he doesn't want the constant reminder of either killing Tuco or having getting shot at by Tuco

3) Hank isn't as hard as he puts on. the firefight is freaking him out

4) not sure, other than they are just foreshadowing what is about happen. i guess it's possible that someone ends up with it and recognizes it?

4/6/2009, 12:06 PM
1) Walt's insurance doesn't pay for the better treatment that he's getting, i believe

2) see #3. he doesn't want the constant reminder of either killing Tuco or having getting shot at by Tuco

3) Hank isn't as hard as he puts on. the firefight is freaking him out

4) not sure, other than they are just foreshadowing what is about happen. i guess it's possible that someone ends up with it and recognizes it?Those would be my best guesses, too. I didn't catch any conversation about the psychiatric exam not being covered by insurance, but it's the only thing that makes sense.
4)Maybe family? It should be common knowledge(reported in newspapers) that Tuco was killed.

4/13/2009, 10:32 AM
4-12-09 Episode: Interesting Walt is so deeply bothered by the perceived injustice from his old colleague. The anger is DEEP. The way he verbally attacked the wife of the colleague who came to visit.

It's amazing all the things that happen to Walt and Jesse without the law catching up with them.

yermom
4/13/2009, 11:34 AM
they are going to be hot on finding that cash now that two murders have been committed (at least) to get it

i'm not quite clear on Walt's relationship with her. did they cover that before?

4/13/2009, 01:48 PM
they are going to be hot on finding that cash now that two murders have been committed (at least) to get it

i'm not quite clear on Walt's relationship with her. did they cover that before?Excellent point, about that cash being traceable.

I think from season 1, that is the wife of the guy who made a fortune, and threw a party that Walt and Skyler attended, maybe episode #5. It wasn't ever covered, at least that I remember, about any relationship Walt had with the rich guy's wife in the past. The discussion they had about that relationship came as a surprise to me, too.

BTW, did you see Jesse pick up his pistol before leaving the dumpy house? If he did, I didn't see it.

KC//CRIMSON
4/13/2009, 02:34 PM
This show would be a lot better if it was on HBO. I can't stand cheesy editing.

4/21/2009, 02:42 PM
Excellent point, about that cash being traceable.

I think from season 1, that is the wife of the guy who made a fortune, and threw a party that Walt and Skyler attended, maybe episode #5. It wasn't ever covered, at least that I remember, about any relationship Walt had with the rich guy's wife in the past. The discussion they had about that relationship came as a surprise to me, too.

BTW, did you see Jesse pick up his pistol before leaving the dumpy house? If he did, I didn't see it.Anyone watch last Sunday night? Jesse had his gun and showed it to Walt at Jesse's new abode.

What a shocker with the tortoise blowing up, with 4 or so DEA agents being maimed or killed. Our "heroes" are about to face some REAL trouble!

Jacie
4/21/2009, 07:40 PM
Things are always deeper than they appear on the surface. It is just that with most television shows there isn't anything except the surface. Therefore, though we didn't know until they had the conversation that there might have been something between Walt and his friend's wife a long time ago, it was clear earlier that the three or them knew each other from way back. It isn't so much of a surprise as a revelation that he might have been her first guy but lost her to the friend, which would be the reason why Walt split from them in the first place and wound up a highschool science teacher instead of a partner in a successful company.

Another example of things under the surface is the interaction between Skylar and her old/new boss. I think we can expect he'll be making a move on her, no matter that she's 7 months preggers. Skylar is still a hottie!

I think Hank's episode in the elevator was caused by anxiety over his promotion to El Paso. Before he was the big dog in the Albuquerque DEA office and it was mainly detective work. His wife said to Skyler that he told her the El Paso job was mostly desk work and she was happy with that. Neither of them want Hank in the field. however, he lied to her about that. His promotion, he realized, put him on the front lines of the drug war and after facing a guy firing an automatic weapon Hank is starting to feel in over his head. Throwing the grill into the river was Hank admitting to himself that he isn't the hotshot ice-in-his-veins guy that everyone made him out to be after the Tuco shooting. As for El Paso, last week's episode confirmed his worst fears.

4/22/2009, 12:33 AM
As crazy wild as this show has been so far, I think it's gonna be stepped up a notch or two. The bad guys from Mexico and others in Albuquerque are about to surface.

KC//CRIMSON
4/22/2009, 05:32 PM
Therefore, though we didn't know until they had the conversation that there might have been something between Walt and his friend's wife a long time ago

We knew before hand they were involved with each other. Back in season one when Walt is having flashbacks of his college days and they're in a classroom together alone talking about the chemistry of the human body. That's when Walt says "All we have is chemistry"

4/28/2009, 01:01 AM
Saul, the lawyer, is a great new caricature. He has already fleeced the boys for what, $85K, with a future % of the action in order to protect their identities! Hilarious! The setup bust with both Walt and Jesse manipulating the bust was superb!

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 01:13 AM
The setup bust was a little far fetched. How in the world the DEA brother in law hasn't been able to put two and two together is ridiculous.

Something else that doesn't really make any sense: Even if Walt is able to save up hundreds of thousands of dollars before he dies, his wife is such a square she'd probably just turn it over to the police or her brother in law anyway.

4/28/2009, 01:16 AM
The setup bust was a little far fetched. How in the world the DEA brother in law hasn't been able to put two and two together is ridiculous.

Something else that doesn't really make any sense: Even if Walt is able to save up hundreds of thousands of dollars before he dies, his wife is such a square she'd probably just turn it over to the police or her brother in law anyway.What a crazy and fun show, even though it IS gory and dark at times.

KC//CRIMSON
4/28/2009, 01:26 AM
What a crazy and fun show, even though it IS gory and dark at times.

Finally, something we can agree on.

4/28/2009, 01:40 AM
Finally, something we can agree on.Too bad more people (apparently) aren't seeing it, being on an unlikely cable channel, and at a weird, late time.

5/6/2009, 12:49 AM
Any thoughts on last sunday's show? Why do you think Walt was so angry that he punched on that metal towel dispenser(or whatever it was that he was hitting) near the end of the show? Did they use the rest of that chemical with the expiring shelf life? What do you make of the 80% shrinkage of his lung cancer?

Jacie
5/6/2009, 07:47 PM
Any thoughts on last sunday's show? Why do you think Walt was so angry that he punched on that metal towel dispenser(or whatever it was that he was hitting) near the end of the show? Did they use the rest of that chemical with the expiring shelf life? What do you make of the 80% shrinkage of his lung cancer?

From the week before, Hank knew the bust was no good, you could see the disgust on his face.

Walt punched the towel dispenser because he realized how stupid he was to put his life in danger for no reason. He thought he had only weeks to live hence the effort to cook as much as possible in the four days.

No, they didn't use up all of the chemical. And in case you weren't paying attention, the line about it going bad was a ruse to get Jessie to commit to the four-day cook session.

The shrinkage of the tumor means the ratings are good enough to go for a third season?

5/6/2009, 08:19 PM
1)From the week before, Hank knew the bust was no good, you could see the disgust on his face.

2) Walt punched the towel dispenser because he realized how stupid he was to put his life in danger for no reason. He thought he had only weeks to live hence the effort to cook as much as possible in the four days.

No, they didn't use up all of the chemical. And in case you weren't paying attention, 3)the line about it going bad was a ruse to get Jessie to commit to the four-day cook session.

4)The shrinkage of the tumor means the ratings are good enough to go for a third season?1) You are talking about the setup bust, right? How do you know Hank thought the bust was no good?2)That's about all that would make sense, at this point.3) Did he admit that, and I missed it, or are you guessing?4)haha. But, they prolly didn't have to go to that length to extend the show another season.

5/7/2009, 11:54 PM
Huh, Jacie, huh? Anyone else?

5/11/2009, 02:35 PM
Has everyone quit watching? Last night's episode was another Dark Delight, with Walt getting in Hank's face, Jesse trying to meet his landlord, Skyler making a move on her boss, and a host of other stuff. Any comments?

Czar Soonerov
5/13/2009, 10:38 AM
I think Walk finding out he is going to live and deciding to go ahead with the meth business is a major turning point. He's probably gonna end up killing somebody or something.

5/13/2009, 11:01 AM
I think Walk finding out he is going to live and deciding to go ahead with the meth business is a major turning point. He's probably gonna end up killing somebody or something.He had the look of a cold killer in his eyes when getting into Hank's face, I thought. This is one crazy show!

tidalmouse
5/14/2009, 12:14 PM
I'm glad to see some others think this Show is as good as I do.Best Show on basic Cable to me.An Hour's just not enough after waiting all week.

I was Hooked after the 1st Show.I just wonder how long Walt can keep his Wife and then his BIL,Hank,from finding out about his Meth Operation.I hope it's a long time.

With all the Home Repairs Walt was doing,and his Wife asking him,"Aren't you going in to Work today?",I kinda got the feeling that Walt might quit his Teaching Job,or maybe take an extended leave to Expand their Meth Operation.We'll all find out later.

5/14/2009, 02:39 PM
I'm glad to see some others think this Show is as good as I do.Best Show on basic Cable to me.An Hour's just not enough after waiting all week.

I was Hooked after the 1st Show.I just wonder how long Walt can keep his Wife and then his BIL,Hank,from finding out about his Meth Operation.I hope it's a long time.

With all the Home Repairs Walt was doing,and his Wife asking him,"Aren't you going in to Work today?",I kinda got the feeling that Walt might quit his Teaching Job,or maybe take an extended leave to Expand their Meth Operation.We'll all find out later. Yup, it's right up there with "24" and "River Monsters".

thesnowbishop
5/14/2009, 06:20 PM
Since Walt broke bad, the good is just too far away.

Great show, but I do call bs on the solo replacement of an instantaneous gas hot water heater in 7-8 hours by a chemistry teacher. I keep thinking that installation has something to do with the explosion shots of the burnt teddy bear of the opening scenes.

tidalmouse
5/15/2009, 08:50 AM
Since Walt broke bad, the good is just too far away.

Great show, but I do call bs on the solo replacement of an instantaneous gas hot water heater in 7-8 hours by a chemistry teacher. I keep thinking that installation has something to do with the explosion shots of the burnt teddy bear of the opening scenes.

Good Observations.That 1st Scene with the Guys in their Bio-Suits and the Teddy Bear didn't fit anything.

On the Installation,I guess Walt didn't have to make several trips back to the Hardware Store like I would have.The Old Tank must have Drained fast and the connections must have been right where they needed to be.If it was only that easy.........:D

Jacie
5/17/2009, 06:24 AM
I think Walk finding out he is going to live and deciding to go ahead with the meth business is a major turning point. He's probably gonna end up killing somebody or something.

Walt's already killed twice now. It was such a great line from Jesse before they got together with Tuco, "You killed our last two dealers . . ." and one of those was with his hands, strangling the guy to death with the bicycle lock against the basement support beam. If they didn't need him I would think the fake Jewish shyster lawyer would be a candidate for Walt's wrath.

The fact that Hank can add 2 + 2 and get 3 everytime, whilst bordering on the ridiculous, reinforces the premise that he is overqualified in his role with the DEA and was incredibly lucky to stumble across Tuco, survive a fire fight, get promoted and now be considered some kind of Super Agent. Had Tuco not already been gut shot by Jesse that scene might have turned out differently (real life speaking, that is).

Last week's ending scene was excellent, a reminder of why we watch this show, and a clear indicator that Heisenberg is still in the meth biz.

As for Skyler going after her boss, yeah she's still a hottie but that preggo belly just keeps getting bigger and bigger. If they even suggest that she is doing the guy the image of that is going to burn my retinas a long time!

yermom
5/17/2009, 11:09 AM
i'm still a little confused by that. is she just wanting the attention? is she making arrangements for later when she's a widow?

i still can't get over the smoking thing. i guess she's breaking bad as well

tidalmouse
5/18/2009, 08:31 AM
Great Show last night.I'm just wondering from the Previews of next week if Walt made it in time to Sale their Inventory.I'm thinking he did and doesn't want to give Jesse his share because it looks like Jesse's Chick is threatening Walt with some Blackmail.

Thought it was kinda funny that one of the Sponsers(Commercial) was a ReHab......:rolleyes:

5/18/2009, 10:29 AM
Great Show last night.I'm just wondering from the Previews of next week if Walt made it in time to Sale their Inventory.I'm thinking he did and doesn't want to give Jesse his share because it looks like Jesse's Chick is threatening Walt with some Blackmail.

Thought it was kinda funny that one of the Sponsers(Commercial) was a ReHab......:rolleyes:I thought there were conflicting scenes in the previews of next week, whether Walt made the sale/connection or not. I think he does, though. What does Skyler have in mind by going back to Beneke again? Will she blackmail Beneke for a share of the skim money?

yermom
5/18/2009, 10:31 AM
i'm wondering if it's all there... "never trust a drug addict"

Jacie
5/18/2009, 04:02 PM
What does Skyler have in mind by going back to Beneke again? Will she blackmail Beneke for a share of the skim money?

The whole show is about otherwise good people making compromises. We've seen Walt, Walt Jr., Hank, Hank's wife/Skyler's sis do it, so Sky going back to Beneke after discovering that he's embezzled money is her compromise. That she is only considering giving in to the guy is another.

And hey, don't you think they made her look totally hot last week in that slinky dress and heels that she wore to work? When her and Walt were walking out together after the consult with the specialists, all I could think was he should take her right there in the parking lot.

Her Marilyn Monroe bit wasn't bad either . . .

thesnowbishop
5/21/2009, 10:36 PM
This show may well live on a season or two, Walt's cancer be damned. I mean, when you sign on Giancarlo Esposito, you're thinking longevity:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002064/

5/21/2009, 11:55 PM
This show may well live on a season or two, Walt's cancer be damned. I mean, when you sign on Giancarlo Esposito, you're thinking longevity:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002064/With 14 fast food chicken restaurants, how's he have time to move drugs on the side?

5/25/2009, 01:52 AM
Oh, no! Jane bites the dust!...and Walt witnesses it! Dayum, what sh*t is in store for poor old snakebit Jesse?

Also, will Saul and his computer hacker from Belarus rob Walt of his ill-gotten money?

yermom
5/25/2009, 02:05 AM
she didn't just bite the dust, Walt let her. she knew too much and he couldn't save her

5/25/2009, 02:08 AM
she didn't just bite the dust, Walt let her. she knew too much and he couldn't save her

Of course. No way to justify his presence at Jesse's house.

yermom
5/25/2009, 02:13 AM
i'm thinking more along the lines of it being just too neat of a deal for her to die and him not have to worry about her coming back to blackmail him

Jacie
5/25/2009, 10:14 AM
i'm thinking more along the lines of it being just too neat of a deal for her to die and him not have to worry about her coming back to blackmail him

That had to be the most chilling, cold-blooded scene of the series to date. He knew what was happening and could have saved her but chose to let her die. And it isn't like they didn't set it up, first with the baby and later when she did the same thing and rolled Jesse over on his side for the same reason.

If convenient plot twists bother you, better stop watching television . . . it's what they do.

No way Saul steals Walt's money. Walt and Jesse are cash cows. You don't slaughter em, you milk em! He does just fine taking a cut everytime they need something from him.

Looks like Hank will be involved in the story again as that blue meth will show up in places beyond Albequerque. And Walt's slip under anasthesia about a second cell phone will no doubt more raise the cloud of suspicion in Skyler, who will also get her figure back and be primed to do some dirty business with her boss. Yummy stuff!

yermom
5/25/2009, 10:30 AM
Saul might not steal the money, but the Russian hacker might. with the cut he'll want, it's less and less $$$

Walt's gonna need to cook again

5/25/2009, 10:52 AM
Walt's gonna need to cook againSay it ain't so!

yermom
5/25/2009, 10:53 AM
:D

5/25/2009, 10:57 AM
No way Saul steals Walt's money. Walt and Jesse are cash cows.I think Saul COULD steal the money and get away with it. What could Walt do about it, other than kill Saul, of course?

KC//CRIMSON
5/25/2009, 12:05 PM

I was disappointed he didn't off Jessie while he had the chance. You know, two birds one stone.:D

5/25/2009, 12:10 PM
I was disappointed he didn't off Jessie while he had the chance. You know, two birds one stone.:DHope you're kidding! There's a possibility there won't be a murder charge, and Walt's best hope, IMO, is for nobody to know he was even there the night Jane died.

KC//CRIMSON
5/25/2009, 12:51 PM
Hope you're kidding! There's a possibility there won't be a murder charge, and Walt's best hope, IMO, is for nobody to know he was even there the night Jane died.

Of course there isn't going to be a murder charge. It wouldn't make any sense to have a main character in jail for several years. They'll probably just dump the body somewhere and be done with it.

Walt has all the sources necessary now to do it on his own. He doesn't need Jesse anymore to make his money.

5/25/2009, 01:01 PM
They'll probably just dump the body somewhere and be done with it.

Tell Jane's dad she ran away from Albuquerque?[hairGel] :rolleyes:

Maybe Walt DID take Jesse's share of the dough back?

yermom
5/25/2009, 02:56 PM
Q is gonna be pretty pissed too

5/25/2009, 03:44 PM
Q is gonna be pretty pissed tooJesse's goose is COOKED!

Jacie
5/25/2009, 06:32 PM
Speaking of convenient plot twists, you pretty much have to let it go because they do it every episode.

How convenient was it . . .

. . . that Walt's brother-in-law is a DEA agent trying to track down Heisenberg?

. . . Walt stumbled across some guy with a shopping cart full of cooking stuff at Home Depot?

. . . Walt and Jane's dad wind up sitting next to each other in a bar?

. . . Walt would find an Etch-a-Sketch in Jesse's garage?

. . . the hooker Hank tried to set up with Walt Jr. was the same one Jesse used for his alibi?

. . . they bought chicken for a backyard dinner from Los Pollos and even Hank remarked how the place was giving KFC a run for its money?

. . . Jesse would move next door to a hot-looking, available girl who happens to be a heroin junkie?

I am sure the list could go on. The point is, this is entertaining television, exploring how far people will go, what is each character's limit to first skirting then breaking the laws and mores of society. We saw Walt being a doting father with his newborn daughter, then he stood and watched as someone else's daughter choked to death on her own vomit right after he compared Jesse to a nephew (and in Walt's mind, like a son). Don't worry about plot devices, this show is dark, deep, disturbing and out there as network television goes.

5/25/2009, 06:46 PM
The point is, this is...exploring how far people will go, what is each character's limit to first skirting then breaking the laws and mores of society.

...this show is dark, deep, disturbing and out there as network television goes.comparable only to the DNC show, every 4 yrs!(Good Post!)

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2009, 02:06 PM
Speaking of convenient plot twists, you pretty much have to let it go because they do it every episode.

How convenient was it . . .

. . . that Walt's brother-in-law is a DEA agent trying to track down Heisenberg?

. . . Walt stumbled across some guy with a shopping cart full of cooking stuff at Home Depot?

. . . Walt and Jane's dad wind up sitting next to each other in a bar?

. . . Walt would find an Etch-a-Sketch in Jesse's garage?

. . . the hooker Hank tried to set up with Walt Jr. was the same one Jesse used for his alibi?

. . . they bought chicken for a backyard dinner from Los Pollos and even Hank remarked how the place was giving KFC a run for its money?

. . . Jesse would move next door to a hot-looking, available girl who happens to be a heroin junkie?

I am sure the list could go on. The point is, this is entertaining television, exploring how far people will go, what is each character's limit to first skirting then breaking the laws and mores of society. We saw Walt being a doting father with his newborn daughter, then he stood and watched as someone else's daughter choked to death on her own vomit right after he compared Jesse to a nephew (and in Walt's mind, like a son). Don't worry about plot devices, this show is dark, deep, disturbing and out there as network television goes.

Exactly. Show me a show that doesn't force you suspend belief to a certain degree.

I just love the emotional swings that Walt goes through in this series. He'll go from 'It was wrong for me to ever get involved in this' to 'Stay the f**k outta my territory' the next episode.

And then back.

5/26/2009, 03:45 PM
Exactly. Show me a show that doesn't force you suspend belief to a certain degree.

I just love the emotional swings that Walt goes through in this series. He'll go from 'It was wrong for me to ever get involved in this' to 'Stay the f**k outta my territory' the next episode.

And then back.I only can count three people he has killed or let die so far. Are there more?

thesnowbishop
5/26/2009, 04:41 PM
Best Jessie line this week:

"And I can be a bush pilot!"

I also liked the parallels between Walt's new baby girl (putting the towel under her so she'd be on her side) vs. Jesse's dead baby girl (Walt not putting her on her side).

Czar Soonerov
5/26/2009, 06:23 PM
http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Looks like something I'd design. LOL

5/26/2009, 08:54 PM

Looks like something I'd design. LOLDid you click to donate? (There's no click to buy meth button)

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 11:13 PM

Looks like something I'd design. LOL

That.

Is.

Great.

GrapevineSooner
5/31/2009, 11:05 AM
I only can count three people he has killed or let die so far. Are there more?

Well, I wasn't referring to that, specifically. More of a general swing from guilt to defiance.

And I wanted to bump this thread since the season finale is tonight. I'll probably watch this later in the week as the Stanley Cup Finals will take precedence for me.

KC//CRIMSON
5/31/2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe we'll get lucky and Walt will strangle Jesse tonight!

5/31/2009, 11:17 AM
Maybe we'll get lucky and Walt will strangle Jesse tonight!Looks like, from the previews, Jesse doesn't bury Jane and skip town. (which is the only logical thing he could do, to avoid the firestorm that is coming his way)

KC//CRIMSON
5/31/2009, 11:26 AM
I wanna see Walt turn into Scarface.

Jacie
5/31/2009, 12:44 PM
What will happen tonight?

First, they'll have to deal with Jane's death. Cover up or play it straight? If Jesse tries to dispose of her to cover up that the two of them were shooting up he'll expose himself to suspicion of murder from Q and ultimately the police. Walt, while glad he is no longer being blackmailed has to feel some remorse over his part and might try to somehow make amends with Jesse (though I doubt he tells him the truth about what happened). This will be the main part of action tonight but not the only storyline that will be dealt with.

I think Skyler is poised to have an affair with her boss tonight. If Walt finds out, what do you think he would do about it?

Nothing?

Talk to Saul about hiring someone to kill or at least maim the guy?

Use his knowledge of chemistry to rig a bomb to blow him up or plant some crystal on him so he'd get busted with it?

Hank's hunt for Heisenberg will be highlighted somehow. I wonder what Hank would/will do if/when the finger of suspicion starts to point at Walt? Hank may be a blind pig but it isn't like there aren't plenty of acorns out there.

6/1/2009, 09:00 AM
What will happen tonight?

First, they'll have to deal with Jane's death. Cover up or play it straight? If Jesse tries to dispose of her to cover up that the two of them were shooting up he'll expose himself to suspicion of murder from Q and ultimately the police. Walt, while glad he is no longer being blackmailed has to feel some remorse over his part and might try to somehow make amends with Jesse (though I doubt he tells him the truth about what happened). This will be the main part of action tonight but not the only storyline that will be dealt with.

I think Skyler is poised to have an affair with her boss tonight. If Walt finds out, what do you think he would do about it?

Nothing?

Talk to Saul about hiring someone to kill or at least maim the guy?

Use his knowledge of chemistry to rig a bomb to blow him up or plant some crystal on him so he'd get busted with it?

Hank's hunt for Heisenberg will be highlighted somehow. I wonder what Hank would/will do if/when the finger of suspicion starts to point at Walt? Hank may be a blind pig but it isn't like there aren't plenty of acorns out there.Interesting predictions!
Do you suppose Jesse will rebound from his despair and intense drug use? I will give him an episode to get back to his old self. Will the show follow Jane's dad any more, now that he's blown up 2 airplanes? Will Walt and Skyler get back together, and could she possibly keep Walt's life of crime a secret? I think the Chicken restaurant owner/drug kingpin will enlist Walt for some cooking. How will Ted Beneke fit into Skyler's Breaking Bad? When does the new season start?

Jacie
6/1/2009, 12:47 PM
The season ending was a complete freak after teasing us for weeks with that opening montage, showing a little more each time. Until last night I chalked it up to Walt having a nightmare of the DEA finding a meth lab at his home, hence the hazmat suits, and he and Jesse were gunned down in the driveway. It was a lame explanation because they haven't gone the bad dream route for shock value, the reality has been shocking enough.

On Skylar leaving: I really thought he'd try to stop her by telling everything but then she said she didn't want to know which precluded him from doing so. She's now clear to have that affair I keep thinking should have started already but maybe she won't give in out of guilt or wanting to be better than Walt.

On Hank: Once again, he's so close but can't put it all together. Having the Chicken Guy in his office and then the dude seeing Walt's face was huge, the CG can now connect Walt to the DEA. He will want Walt to cook up some more Blue Sky but it isn't like he's got him over a barrel just because he knows he's related to Hank.

On Jesse: They've got an excuse to keep him out of the picture indefinitely. When he comes back, he won't know to be angry at Walt. Will they let that out? Walt has really grown attached to him. In some ways, Jesse and Walt are closer to each other than their real families.

On Q: What do they do with a guy who just killed a lot of people, albeit accidentally? It doesn't seem like there is any story left with his character but then you'd think the guy's too good to be written out. I bet as the most well known actor on the show he commands as much per episode as any of the others. That alone will get someone off most series.

yermom
6/1/2009, 12:53 PM
i'd bet Malcom's dad is bigger than Q at this point.

it seems Walt has to find out he was Jane's dad.