PDA

View Full Version : Name Obama's greatest achievement so far.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/8/2009, 11:07 PM
I think it's that he MIGHT be an Amertican citizen.haha

tommieharris91
3/8/2009, 11:28 PM
What's an Amertican?

GottaHavePride
3/8/2009, 11:45 PM
He's been in office barely over a month. Give Archimedes a lever of sufficient length and a place to stand and bureaucrats will still be bitching that he doesn't have the proper permits do get **** done 6 months later.

KC//CRIMSON
3/8/2009, 11:51 PM
Well since he's only been in office just over a month, I'd say his greatest achievement is making your idol look more and more like an *sshole every day.

Crucifax Autumn
3/9/2009, 12:22 AM
I think it's that he MIGHT be an Amertican citizen.

Nah...it's that he's already pizzed ya off more than 8 years of Clinton! :P

A Sooner in Texas
3/9/2009, 01:00 AM
Well since he's only been in office just over a month, I'd say his greatest achievement is making your idol look more and more like an *sshole every day.

Oh, I don't think The Fat One needed any help in that department.

3/9/2009, 01:25 AM
Nah...it's that he's already pizzed ya off more than 8 years of Clinton! :Pand already caused more harm than 8 yrs of Clinton.

3/9/2009, 01:33 AM
BTW, who's the impartial critc that always rates conservative threads with one star, and pro-liberal threads with 3 or more stars? What is this, the Tulsa World, Tucson Red Star, LA Times or Arizona Repugnant?

Crucifax Autumn
3/9/2009, 01:55 AM
Couldn't tell ya, I'm not a sponsor...

If I was I'd 1-star all of them until the thread starters got a little more sensible on both sides. And I mean no real offense to anyone, but I'd like to see less of these political treads and the ones that remain I'd like to be more sensible and balanced....on both sides.

I see less biased threads on the Right/Left boards.

3/9/2009, 01:59 AM
Couldn't tell ya, I'm not a sponsor...

If I was I'd 1-star all of them until the thread starters got a little more sensible on both sides. And I mean no real offense to anyone, but I'd like to see less of these political treads and the ones that remain I'd like to be more sensible and balanced....on both sides.

I see less biased threads on the Right/Left boards."C-Can't we just g-get along" Rodney King

Lott's Bandana
3/9/2009, 08:50 AM
I saw where he got into a trash-talk match with a fan at an NBA game.

That's kinda great.

CORNholio
3/9/2009, 02:43 PM
Throwing 200 years of capitalism out the door in under 30 days. Convincing people to blindly follow him off the cliff before he even got elected.

texas bandman
3/9/2009, 02:51 PM
Nah...it's that he's already pizzed ya off more than 8 years of Clinton! :P

+1

Chuck Bao
3/9/2009, 02:53 PM
Reversing the former Bush administration's policies on stem cell research could be considered one of the early achievements.

Scott D
3/9/2009, 03:00 PM
I'd say the fact that you managed to make a thread title where you didn't capitalize an entire word to be his greatest accomplishment in terms of how it affects this board.

soonerinabilene
3/9/2009, 04:14 PM
Honestly, the fact that hes made it through his first month without an attempt on his life, considering some of the batsh*t crazy people that live in this country.

3/9/2009, 04:22 PM
Honestly, the fact that hes made it through his first month without an attempt on his life, considering some of the batsh*t crazy people that live in this country.and the unthinkable things he's doing to the country. The combination is a recipe for something bad.

JLEW1818
3/9/2009, 04:49 PM
CHANGE!!!!!!!!

badger
3/9/2009, 05:14 PM
How bout doing something no black man has done before? Getting elected president.

I realize he's half-black but it's still something.

JLEW1818
3/9/2009, 05:17 PM
Yes it is. Hopefully it will encourage every minority to realize they can do anything they want to do!

Curly Bill
3/9/2009, 06:08 PM
Reversing the former Bush administration's policies on stem cell research could be considered one of the early achievements.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Other then the above he hasn't done anything but **** things up even more then they already were. Maybe that's what he meant by change: I'm gonna take a bad situation and make it worse.

AggieTool
3/9/2009, 07:29 PM
I heard Obama has ordered a machine be built where you shovel babies in one end, and stem-cell sandwiches comes out the other.

Srsly...:D

Chuck Bao
3/9/2009, 08:17 PM
I heard Obama has ordered a machine be built where you shovel babies in one end, and stem-cell sandwiches comes out the other.

Srsly...:D

Srsly...:D Sandwich in and sandwich out.

That's almost like accusing a woman of wasting a potential human being every time she has a period or accusing a man of wasting sperm. The miracle of life isn't just for humans and I don't get the idea that God creates a new soul at the point of conception. It's a good thought though, a really good thought. I'm just not buying into this idea at this time. What if God is really quite okay with using embryos to help cure the sick and dying and there is something to that fate idea and God's plan idea? This isn't the thread for this, but I'm just wondering.

AggieTool
3/9/2009, 08:37 PM
What if God is really quite okay with using embryos to help cure the sick and dying and there is something to that fate idea and God's plan idea? This isn't the thread for this, but I'm just wondering.

Didn't you know?

A bunch of guys 2000 years ago told us what god thinks and that wasn't part of the plan.:mad::rolleyes:

BTW. The same bunch of guys told us that no one could EVER know what god's plan is.:D

Jerk
3/9/2009, 09:39 PM
I think the DVD set of classic American movies he gave Gordon Brown as a gift was his greatest achievement thus far.

He couldn't have spent more than $100 on it. Hell, a copy of the stimulus has more value in paper. That is a man consumed with saving money!

Curly Bill
3/9/2009, 09:42 PM
I think the DVD set of classic American movies he gave Gordon Brown as a gift was his greatest achievement thus far.

He couldn't have spent more than $100 on it. Hell, a copy of the stimulus has more value in paper. That is a man consumed with saving money!

What are the odds that Gordon Brown re-gifts said DVD set? :D

XFollower
3/9/2009, 11:04 PM
I'd say he's made me actually admire Bill Clinton.

Whet
3/9/2009, 11:34 PM
I just see another Jimmy Carter failed presidency!

There are similarities already - Jimmy Carter gave away Afghanistan, Barry Soetoro gives away Afghanistan.

We are living in a malaise.

Veritas
3/10/2009, 07:12 AM
He's made we wish Bush was still in office. And I loathed Bush.

AggieTool
3/10/2009, 08:26 AM
I'd say he's made me actually admire Bill Clinton.

How could you not?

BC was a playyyyyyyaaaaa!:D

Hot Rod
3/10/2009, 08:33 AM
The ability to read from a tele-prompter.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2009, 08:37 AM
He's stayed out of the Secretary of State's limelight.

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 09:30 AM
I just see another Jimmy Carter failed presidency!

There are similarities already - Jimmy Carter gave away Afghanistan, Barry Soetoro gives away Afghanistan.

We are living in a malaise.

Are you able to comprehend just how terrible a job George W Bush did in Afghanistan? Try not to come back at me with a Ha! Ha! You funny lib! dip**** line like you normally do. Thanks.

XingTheRubicon
3/10/2009, 09:53 AM
<uecker>well, at least he didn't spike himself<uecker>

badger
3/10/2009, 10:07 AM
Aside from the achievement of being a minority elected to the presidency mentioned earlier, I think it's too early to judge.

I think he has built a strong foundation for future achievements by taking a lot of action in his first days in office (and I say that without any swipe at Bush, because if I had to fight Gore as long as he did for the presidency over some butterfly ballots, I'd probably need a vacation too).

Oh wait - how bout this? He hugged Dr. Senator :D

Whet
3/10/2009, 11:28 AM
Are you able to comprehend just how terrible a job George W Bush did in Afghanistan? Try not to come back at me with a Ha! Ha! You funny lib! dip**** line like you normally do. Thanks.
You must have me confused with Dhry!

Was it Bush or was it the other NATO countries that would not send the necessary combat troops to Afghanistan to support the effort?

Besides, I don't recall Bush, or his generals claiming the fight has been lost in Afghanistan. The only one that can claim that honor is Jimmy II, er Barry Soetoro, where he claimed both Iraq was lost AND Afghanistan was lost.

Malaise, woe the malaise!

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 11:42 AM
You must have me confused with Dhry!

Was it Bush or was it the other NATO countries that would not send the necessary combat troops to Afghanistan to support the effort?

Besides, I don't recall Bush, or his generals claiming the fight has been lost in Afghanistan. The only one that can claim that honor is Jimmy II, er Barry Soetoro, where he claimed both Iraq was lost AND Afghanistan was lost.

Malaise, woe the malaise!

No W never said it was lost, he just put on his dog and pony show, pushed the Taliban out of the cities and paid the warlords off. He never took the necessary steps to avenge those killed on 09/11. But hey, we live in a different time. If we'd been attacked like that 50 years ago, we'd have (sorry SoonerProphet) nuked them back to the stone ages.

But W couldn't or wouldn't engage them in the deserved manner. Then, like a cat with piece of tinsel he got distracted and wandered off to Iraq.

Whet
3/10/2009, 11:52 AM
we couldn't nuke them back to the stone age, they were already there!

but then, like a cat puking up a furball - then came Barry.

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 11:57 AM
we couldn't nuke them back to the stone age, they were already there!

but then, like a cat puking up a furball - then came Barry.

Are you on oxycontin or something?

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 11:58 AM
I think his greatest accomplishment was switching from Kool 100s to Newport Kings.

King Crimson
3/10/2009, 12:10 PM
I think his greatest accomplishment was switching from Kool 100s to Newport Kings.

actually Parliaments are the "cool" young hipster person's cig, these days. as the pop culture president (so the dismissive claim goes)...I think Obama is mos def huffing on some P-Funks if he wants to stay "hep"....and keep his youth marketing adviser happy.

Whet
3/10/2009, 12:25 PM
Yes, he has a pal in Chicago that can get him the Newport Kings for about $2 less than his Kools!

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 01:16 PM
actually Parliaments are the "cool" young hipster person's cig, these days. as the pop culture president (so the dismissive claim goes)...I think Obama is mos def huffing on some P-Funks if he wants to stay "hep"....and keep his youth marketing adviser happy.

Parliaments? Really? Back inna day those things had that plastic filter thingy and were nasty. No respectable brother would be caught dead with a pack of Ps in his pocket.

King Crimson
3/10/2009, 01:36 PM
Parliaments? Really? Back inna day those things had that plastic filter thingy and were nasty. No respectable brother would be caught dead with a pack of Ps in his pocket.

they are still nasty and have that indented filter thing....but sometime in the mid to late 90's they became the "hip" smoke among "trash culture", disposable reality poseurs who thought they were being cool and ironic....and have matriculated to drunken sorority girl, upper middle class, urban wannabe, Obama demographic types. they make a dizzying variety of lites, ultra lites, super lights, menthols, menthol lites, menthol ultra lights...etc.

my buddy used to own a deli/market on Boulder's version of "Campus Corner"....open late (4:00 AM), drunken late night food after the bars or live music, kinda place...and he said they sold more "P-Funks" than all the rest of the other cig brands combined.

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 01:37 PM
Kids...

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, kids.

<shakes head>

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 02:04 PM
Just wait JM. When you grow up and shed your silly politics, and your kids are hitting their stride (you know, that age where you're a pathetic ****wad who they can't believe you actually survived this far in life because you're so stupid and don't have a clue about anything and you just don't understand and....). Just wait.

Of course you may never evolve to that point politically since you're past the Parliament cigs are all the rage age and still fit in the dumbass demographic of Oblama lovers.

But take heart, no matter how hip you think you are (you know, taking the kids down for their monthly abortion, buying their rubbers and pills, hitting the bong with them, etc.) you're still gonna be a clueless ****wad to them. So at least you'll have that going for you.

JohnnyMack
3/10/2009, 02:08 PM
You should write greeting cards.

B'More - March 26th. Be there.

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 02:54 PM
March 30-April 3.

KC//CRIMSON
3/10/2009, 03:26 PM
Dow Surges 379 In Year's Biggest Rally

It's all Obama's fault!!

Jerk
3/10/2009, 03:36 PM

It's all Obama's fault!!

Sucker's rally.

It will bottom out at 4500 (not today mind you)

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 03:55 PM

It's all Obama's fault!!

"In year's biggest rally"

That's a tough one. Since it's been swirling down the ****ter on a daily basis all this year, anything coming back up would be "big." Meh.

olevetonahill
3/10/2009, 04:01 PM
What the hell is wrong with you Dean .
You know his biggest achievement so far has been to Sleep with a Black woman in the White House :D

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 04:02 PM
What the hell is wrong with you Dean .
You know his biggest achievement so far has been to Sleep with a Black woman in the White House :D

Dude, he's nowhere near the first to do that. He's not even the first black man in the white house. That would be Bill Clinton.

olevetonahill
3/10/2009, 04:05 PM
Dude, he's nowhere near the first to do that. He's not even the first black man in the white house. That would be Bill Clinton.

Yea but He aint Hiding it ;)

LosAngelesSooner
3/10/2009, 04:22 PM
"In year's biggest rally"

That's a tough one. Since it's been swirling down the ****ter on a daily basis all this year, anything coming back up would be "big." Meh.The stock market has been going downward for 16 months total, only 2 months under Obama.

To blame Obama for ANY of the decline is moronic. To blame him for turning it around (if he ends up doing that) makes more sense, but isn't entirely accurate unless it can be CLEARLY demonstrated that HIS policies are what righted the ship.

I just get tired of people acting like HE'S the one who started sinking this ship. It was half-full of water and listing to the side before he even got behind the rudder.

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 04:32 PM
The stock market has been going downward for 16 months total, only 2 months under Obama.

To blame Obama for ANY of the decline is moronic. To blame him for turning it around (if he ends up doing that) makes more sense, but isn't entirely accurate unless it can be CLEARLY demonstrated that HIS policies are what righted the ship.

I just get tired of people acting like HE'S the one who started sinking this ship. It was half-full of water and listing to the side before he even got behind the rudder.

You will never hear me say "the president has anything to do with the stock market" on this board or anywhere else. I remember when everybody was praising BC on the .com craze, then slamming GWB when it all came tumbling down.

The only thing I will say is that every time O opens his hole, that **** tumbles like a drunken sailor walking down a steep hill in the PI. I think he's the first prez that makes those traders freak just by talking about it.

LosAngelesSooner
3/10/2009, 04:34 PM
Most of those traders need a good punch in the dick.

C&CDean
3/10/2009, 04:39 PM
Out.

BudSooner
3/10/2009, 04:42 PM
Well, i'm still waiting on the markets to "change" direction and head back up.
Isn't that the reason the cat was elected? Hope? Change? Pfffft, different guy/different policies...same results.

The wrong cat was elected, Rorshach would make a helluva great prez.

"You don't want your *** kicked, vote for me on November 4th"

"A vote for me, is one less trip down an elevator shaft for you"

:D

BudSooner
3/10/2009, 04:45 PM
Most of those traders/elected officials need a good punch in the dick.

Yeah, true.