PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Christian folk

JohnnyMack
3/8/2009, 10:02 PM
So I took the older to boy to a fancy lunch at Taco Bueno this afternoon and there was a group of 10 or so people who had left church and headed over to everyone's favorite crappy fast food Mexican place for some lunch. They were enjoyin' their lunch and eatin' their bean burritos when I noticed that one little boy, not much older than my own had a square white sticker on the back of his shirt. From what I could decipher it had the name of the church on top, the kid's name in sharpie below that and a bar code scanner below that. Really? Seriously? That's what Jesus had in mind?

SicEmBaylor
3/8/2009, 10:07 PM
They scare the bejesus out of me.

JohnnyMack
3/8/2009, 10:08 PM
Christians or Bueno-heads?

AggieTool
3/8/2009, 10:09 PM
So I took the older to boy to a fancy lunch at Taco Bueno this afternoon and there was a group of 10 or so people who had left church and headed over to everyone's favorite crappy fast food Mexican place for some lunch. They were enjoyin' their lunch and eatin' their bean burritos when I noticed that one little boy, not much older than my own had a square white sticker on the back of his shirt. From what I could decipher it had the name of the church on top, the kid's name in sharpie below that and a bar code scanner below that. Really? Seriously? That's what Jesus had in mind?

Sounds like an extremely thorough way to track kids depending on the setting.

Probably a little overkill though.

Nothing to see here folks, now move along.:O

Hot Rod
3/8/2009, 10:09 PM
In larger churches, it's hard to keep track of which parents belong to which kids. In order to make sure the kids return to the parents, they sometimes have a method to ensure that no one else removes their kid from the children's ministry area. It's not that uncommon for larger churches and it's just a safety precaution.

SCOUT
3/8/2009, 10:45 PM
Yep, they do that for the kids that are in daycare. You could make a similar argument that pizza eaters are over the top because Chuck E Cheese does the same thing.

Collier11
3/8/2009, 10:49 PM
I go to Crosspointe in Norman and any children younger than 5th grade I believe get a name tag and the parent gets a matching sticker that has to be checked when you pick the kid up. Its a good way to make sure your kid doesnt get lost or kidnapped

Partial Qualifier
3/8/2009, 11:08 PM
Proverbs 63:14
Thou shalt wear thine holy Believer SKU Number,
that which is Readable with thine Barcode Scanner,
for all the people in the nations of the World to see.

XingTheRubicon
3/8/2009, 11:16 PM
I check my 7 and 4 year old in at Henderson Hills Baptist Church every sunday. I did it this morning at 10:30am. We check in by printing 2 labels for each kid, one for the parents and one for each kid. This helps the teachers remember the kids names and obviously as mentioned before prevents someone else from picking up my kid. It also helps the church track attendance so they know who to recommend for passage to heaven. Just seeing if you were paying attention.

yermom
3/8/2009, 11:36 PM
that would be pretty sweet to have them start switching stickers

maybe they should tattoo them :D

Crucifax Autumn
3/9/2009, 12:20 AM
It's tha number of the beast!!!!!!!!

Did the front of the shirt have the Proctor and Gamble symbol?

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2009, 12:38 AM
Christians or Bueno-heads?

Christians...well the crazy sort. I love me some Taco Bueno.

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2009, 12:40 AM
What if you lose your ticket, do you not get your kid back? Like that little ticket you get when you take something to the drycleaners.

JohnnyMack
3/9/2009, 09:04 AM
It also helps the church track attendance so they know who to recommend for passage to heaven. Just seeing if you were paying attention.

:D

sooner_born_1960
3/9/2009, 10:59 AM
Sounds like some pretty simple explanations. someone simply forgot to take his sticker off after church.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 11:37 AM
i think it's pretty funny people are worried their kid is going to get kidnapped at church

stoops the eternal pimp
3/9/2009, 11:41 AM
why is that funny?

texas bandman
3/9/2009, 12:13 PM
What if you lose your ticket, do you not get your kid back? Like that little ticket you get when you take something to the drycleaners.

I never thought of that. Maybe I need to lose my ticket. :D

Boarder
3/9/2009, 12:50 PM
i think it's pretty funny people are worried their kid is going to get kidnapped at church
Yeah, random violence at churches is hilarious! (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7033937&page=1) AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! That stuff never happens! Haaahaahahaahaa. Stupid church people doing what unfortunately has to be done in this society! What goobers! HAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH HAA

JLEW1818
3/9/2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, random violence at churches is hilarious! (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7033937&page=1) AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! That stuff never happens! Haaahaahahaahaa. Stupid church people doing what unfortunately has to be done in this society! What goobers! HAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH HAA

I was just about to say the same thing.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 02:14 PM
i was always under the impression that when you enter a house of god you get some sort of impenetrable forcefield surrounding you

texas bandman
3/9/2009, 02:18 PM

I go to a large church in downtown Lubbock. There are some strange people that wander in off the street. Better to be safe than sorry. Last night at our Vespers concert series a homeless couple (the female sporting a tube top) walked in during the middle of the concert, sat down for a few minutes, then promptly got up a few minutes later and left. It was harmless, but as a parent I do worry.

Collier11
3/9/2009, 02:21 PM
you must be thinking of the inpenetrable forcefield of ignorance that surrounds you

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 02:24 PM
I go to a large church in downtown Lubbock. There are some strange people that wander in off the street. Better to be safe than sorry. Last night at our Vespers concert series a homeless couple (the female sporting a tube top) walked in during the middle of the concert, sat down for a few minutes, then promptly got up a few minutes later and left. It was harmless, but as a parent I do worry.

It's unfortunate that the complete suck that some people have become forces people in a place that should be open and free of suspicion of all that want to enter to be suspicious.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 02:30 PM
statistics show pastors are a much bigger threat to your children than the congregation

1890MilesToNorman
3/9/2009, 02:34 PM
Why can't you guys live your own lives and let others live theirs? Fer crying out loud! People think differently and you ain't gonna change each others mind on a message board.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 02:41 PM
tell that to the middle east

IB4OU2
3/9/2009, 02:42 PM
I'm just surprised the Good Lord hasn't upgraded to RFID yet. :confused:

1890MilesToNorman
3/9/2009, 03:00 PM
tell that to the middle east

That's why we spend tons of money on high tech weapons. They can think any way they like as long as they don't kill people. That's where the line is drawn.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 03:05 PM
LOL yeah christians never kill people. all religions are equally retarded and the world is going to be stuck in a rut until people realize this.

Collier11
3/9/2009, 03:15 PM
The world will always be evil and full of hipocrites, thus is the nature of sinful people

Dio
3/9/2009, 03:23 PM
LOL yeah christians never kill people. all religions are equally retarded and the world is going to be stuck in a rut until people realize this.

Yeah, why can't we all be good, peace lovin' atheists like Lenin and Stalin?

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 03:28 PM
atheists are just as bad as the religious. the point is to move past the fanatacism that has no basis in reality and stick to what we know. live your life, do what is right for the species, and be done with it. it really is that simple.

Collier11
3/9/2009, 03:32 PM
well you can say that and we would probably respect that until you decide to throw in "move past the fanatacism that has no basis in reality"

Maybe not in your reality

JLEW1818
3/9/2009, 03:32 PM
kinda funny how just about Every United States president was a christian. Kind of funny how the United States is the most powerful country in the world. I kinda think Christianity is a big reason why the United States are what we are. So i would say that religion is pretty important for America.

Collier11
3/9/2009, 03:42 PM
not to mention that the USA was founded on Christian principles

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 03:43 PM
Oh, good. We haven't had one of these threads for a while.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 03:46 PM
that's so wrong. read a little bit about the founding fathers. ever heard of thomas jefferson, benjamin franklin, and george washington? ALL anti-religious and vowed to keep church and state separate. every president has been christian because there is no way they would be elected if they weren't. get real people, this is actually kind of sad. there is only one reality bud. you know, the one where things happen that we can observe and measure. i'm throwing down with the smartest people in the world, you know, the 93% of the american academy of scientists who identify with no religion.

JohnnyMack
3/9/2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for fagging up my thread guys.

You can flat line this thing at any time Mike.

starclassic tama
3/9/2009, 03:57 PM
what's wrong with debate? why does everyone get all pissy when it comes to religion?

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2009, 03:57 PM
I'll go ahead and sum up what's going to be said in the rest of this thread in case anyone gets butt-hurt that I'm closing it at request of the OP:

Was too! Bunch of supporting evidence of varying relevance.

Was not! Bunch of supporting evidence of varying relevance.

You're going to Hell!

You're stupid!

etc. etc. ad nauseam.

There's a ton of good people out there that are Christians. There's a ton of good people out there that aren't. There's a ton of bad people that are and aren't as well.