PDA

View Full Version : Cable splitter question

Penguin
3/7/2009, 05:30 PM
I live in an apartment and I only have one cable outlet. So, I need to use a splitter. Here's my question: Is it ok to just let it dangle, or does it need to be attached to something (i.e, grounded)?

If it needs to be attached to something, can I just screw it onto the back of my desk (the cable outlet is behind it)? Or, must it be screwed onto the wall/window sill?

It seems like a simple question, but for the life of me, I can't find a single clear answer anywhere on the innerwebs.

Newbomb Turk
3/7/2009, 05:32 PM
I have a cable splitter that is ungrounded and have had no problems.

DoubleDown
3/7/2009, 06:00 PM
It does not need to be grounded. If you wanna dangle, then dangle.

olevetonahill
3/7/2009, 06:47 PM
Or you can use the only Mathematical equation I can remember
The Angle of the Dangle = the Heat of the Meat .

Cam
3/7/2009, 08:44 PM
Go commando, cable style. No grounding needed.

Crucifax Autumn
3/9/2009, 01:24 AM
I always let my splitter dangle and I've only been taken into custody twice...

Penguin
3/9/2009, 05:15 PM
OK. So, now I let it dangle all day. But, I might have a problem...

It dangles just fine, but it dangles to the left. Also, there appears to be a little bit of a counterclockwise twist to it. Is this a problem?

DoubleDown
3/9/2009, 05:40 PM

It dangles just fine, but it dangles to the left. Also, there appears to be a little bit of a counterclockwise twist to it. Is this a problem?

Well, you just have to remember the angle of your dangle is directly proportional to the heat of your meat.

NTTAWWT

Lott's Bandana
3/9/2009, 05:54 PM

Just means you are right-handed, is all.